Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pope: Other Christian Denominations Not True Churches

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We are in agreement then, Thess. A Romanist is an adherent to Roman Catholicism. Some take offense to the term, but it is not offensive to me, and I meant no offense.

Edited: Argumentive

aLoneVoice said:
Recognizing that one is in need of a Savior (thanks to the ministry of Holy Spirit) is recognizing that one should not be prideful and arrogant. The Lord Jesus Christ knew exactly who He was and what He was here to do. Debassing oneself is merely a false sense of humility.

I thought I made myself clear, but you have chosen to ignore my reasoning on the definition of humility. Knowing yourself is NOT a definition of humility, in any sense of the word. Donald Trump knows himself. Is he humble?

To make this as simple as possible, ask yourself why we call Jesus Christ humble. Because He knew Himself or because He willingly debased Himself for whom He loved?

Jesus wasn't humble because He knew Himself, and neither are we. This idea of self knowledge as the definition of humility leads one to the "health and wealth" gospel. I don't know if you knowingly practice it or not, but you abide by it if you think by merely knowing you are in need of a Savior is sufficient to call yourself humble and move on with your "real" life, since "Jesus did it all for me already"...

If we are to use Jesus as our model, then look to Him for the definition of humility. Forget about "knowing yourself". That's not what humility is about.

As to the stuff about "Capital C" Church, where is that in the Bible? I don't see the distinction made by Sacred Scriptures. One is of the community AND of the Church. Where is this invisible "capital C" Church???

Regards

francisdesales said:
I thought I made myself clear, but you have chosen to ignore my reasoning on the definition of humility. Knowing yourself is NOT a definition of humility, in any sense of the word. Donald Trump knows himself. Is he humble?

To make this as simple as possible, ask yourself why we call Jesus Christ humble. Because He knew Himself or because He willingly debased Himself for whom He loved?

Jesus wasn't humble because He knew Himself, and neither are we. This idea of self knowledge as the definition of humility leads one to the "health and wealth" gospel. I don't know if you knowingly practice it or not, but you abide by it if you think by merely knowing you are in need of a Savior is sufficient to call yourself humble and move on with your "real" life, since "Jesus did it all for me already"...

If we are to use Jesus as our model, then look to Him for the definition of humility. Forget about "knowing yourself". That's not what humility is about.

As to the stuff about "Capital C" Church, where is that in the Bible? I don't see the distinction made by Sacred Scriptures. One is of the community AND of the Church. Where is this invisible "capital C" Church???

Regards

Forgive me, I thought this was a discussion forum where one comes to discuss.. I did not realize that when you spoke, your reasoning was the final authority on the matter.

Donald Trump believes in an image of himself - he does not truly know himself.

Not wanting to hijack this thread away from the intended OP, if you would like to start a thread to discuss humility - I would like to continue the discussion, provided that it can be a discussion.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back