Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Position on Freedom

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
sigh. which is better to try to avoid the drug addiction or to just try and hope you somehow make it? and avoid hardship?

ok marijuana use in teens is linked to psychosis.
so lets drop that charade on that being so harmless.

Marijuana Use Linked to Risk of Psychotic Symptoms

Study Shows Association Between Development of Psychosis and Smoking Marijuana
By Denise Mann
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD

69x75_marijuana_psychosis_teens_03.jpg

March 1, 2011 -- Adolescents and young adults who smoke marijuana have an increased risk for experiencing psychotic symptoms, according to a new study.
The new findings appear online in the journal BMJ.
Researchers assessed marijuana use during a 10-year study of 1,923 participants aged 14 to 24 in Germany.
Those participants who had no psychotic symptoms and had never tried marijuana when the study began and then started using marijuana had nearly double the risk of experiencing psychotic symptoms in the future.
And those who used marijuana before start of the study and who continued use over the study period had an increased risk of persistent psychotic symptoms, the study shows.
“Our study confirmed cannabis as an environmental risk factor, impacting on the risk of psychosis by increasing the risk of incident psychotic experiences and if use continues over time, increasing the risk of persistent psychotic experiences,†write researchers who were led by Jim van Os, MD, PhD, a professor of psychiatry and neuropsychology at the South Limburg Mental Health Research and Teaching Network of Maastricht University Medical Center in the Netherlands.
Marijuana Use and Psychosis

Exactly how marijuana may affect risk of developing psychotic symptoms and in whom is not fully understood, but the new study seems to debunk the thinking that people with psychotic symptoms turn to marijuana as a means of self-medication, because marijuana use in the study preceded psychotic symptoms.
“People who reported new psychotic symptoms, and who persisted in using cannabis ... reported more persistent psychotic symptoms than those who stopped using cannabis,†write Wayne Hall, PhD, of the University of Queensland in Herston, Australia, and Louisa Degenhardt, PhD, of the Burnet Institute in Melbourne, Australia, in an accompanying editorial.
“In the light of these findings and those of earlier studies, it is likely that cannabis use precipitates schizophrenia in people who are vulnerable because of a personal or family history of schizophrenia,†they write.
Marijuana and Psychosis: Which Comes First?

“Carefully conducted prospective studies such as this one provide the best evidence available that cannabis contributes to the cause of some cases of schizophrenia,†says Matthew Large of Prince of Wales Hospital in New South Wales, Australia. Large recently published a similar study linking marijuana use to earlier age of onset of schizophrenia.
“The study goes a long way to clarifying that it is not psychosis that causes cannabis use, but rather the reverse,†he says in an email.
Tomas Silber, MD, an adolescent medicine doctor at the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., reviewed the new study for WebMD. He says the new study helps to clarify the relationship between marijuana use and psychotic episodes.
“Marijuana use increases these episodes,†he says.
“Many people have suspected that people smoke marijuana as a way of treating themselves, and this study disproves that connection,†he says. “It is not a two-way street, it’s a one-way street.â€

from web md. so then which is better to prevent this or to let the young that doesnt like to listen and think that they know it all try it without any warning? surely you suggest that the employer would have to educate on drug use or the schools.

avoidance is the best policy. so why then make it a free for all? make no sense. and i must no remind you. promotion of pot isnt tolerated here.

you are appearing to skirt that line.

also since i am member of the guard and each state guard has drug interdiction officers i can get the latest info on mj and cancer rates as they come out. its not that hard to find this stuff. its studied alot.

uh, just so you know i have two friends who have licenses for automatic weapons and one sells them . i agree with that license. why? so that you need to know what that weapon does, one is former army the other an army brat.

one dui or drug charge they can loose their guns. i see no need for joe smuck citizen to posses such weapons that the military has to come in override local and state authority to get the job done. case in point the waco texas , the fbi didnt take him done the army did.the fbi was in general control but once the crap hit the fan it was the army that did that.

i am for reasonable gun collection and or sport but again if you must possess a automatic weapon the cops need to know and its should be controlled via license. this ensures that the possesor is responsible to use that in proper places and most do. you cant fire them in your backyard unless you have some acreage.

sigh. which is better to try to avoid the drug addiction or to just try and hope you somehow make it? and avoid hardship?
Can you be more clear here.

ok marijuana use in teens is linked to psychosis.
so lets drop that charade on that being so harmless.
I never said marijuana was harmless. I said its not the same as cocaine or heroin.

from web md. so then which is better to prevent this or to let the young that doesnt like to listen and think that they know it all try it without any warning? surely you suggest that the employer would have to educate on drug use or the schools.
Where do you keep getting that link the freedom to do something automaticly means a person will do it? The article even says that there so far i no known link, so it might not even be the marijuana.

avoidance is the best policy. so why then make it a free for all? make no sense. and i must no remind you.
No, Jason, you are the one not making sense. READ MY POSTS AND ASK CALM QUESTIONS BEFORE FLYING OFF THE HANDLE, OR YOU ARE GOING ON MY IGNORE LIST.

promotion of pot isnt tolerated here.
Where are you getting the promotion? Where have I said smoke pot? I haven't. Jason you aren't listening to anything I'm saying if that is what you think.

you are appearing to skirt that line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you be more clear here.

I never said marijuana was harmless. I said its not the same as cocaine or heroin.
They're all the same, all are addictive, all lead to a larger usage to get the high, all illegal and should stay that way.

also since i am member of the guard and each state guard has drug interdiction officers i can get the latest info on mj and cancer rates as they come out. its not that hard to find this stuff. its studied alot.
I aslo have access to medical journals as well. That is a different topic.

uh, just so you know i have two friends who have licenses for automatic weapons and one sells them . i agree with that license. why? so that you need to know what that weapon does, one is former army the other an army brat.

one dui or drug charge they can loose their guns. i see no need for joe smuck citizen to posses such weapons that the military has to come in override local and state authority to get the job done. case in point the waco texas , the fbi didnt take him done the army did.the fbi was in general control but once the crap hit the fan it was the army that did that.
I'm for licensing, I actually mentioned this when we were talking about vehicles about a few pages back.

I do understand your stance on legalizing drugs, it rids us of spending $$ on drug control where money can be used elsewhere, it's purpose would to tax the purchases, gets rid of the drug lords and the high end dealers, in theory less crime because it would be attainable.

Yet, it's a moral issue. There are morals we need to live by, keep drugs illegal, no same-sex marriage, no polygamy, no marriages and/or sex with animals, no making animals a legal person.

We are not free to do whatever the new fad is, we are only free to do God's will WHEN we are doing His will, otherwise, we're going downhill and we can all see america doing.

Your idea of freedom for everyone, to do whatever it is they wish, was not what this country was established for and it is an ideological world in which all participants need to behave themselves and act morally, which isn't going to happen either.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back