Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praise!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was talking to my Pentecostal friend today, and she said "I think your mind has been totally restored." This took me back to a recent shrink appointment I had in which the doc asked me "and why do you THINK you have Bipolar I?"

Truth is, psychiatry has been kinda fun, sometimes (Adderall and Klonopin...cheap thrills!), but mostly pain and misery (2 rounds involuntary ECT). I'm not saying I'm going off meds, but I am going to work with my counselor and my doc to try to reduce the dosage of my "mood stabilizer" (really, its an anti-epilepsy drug that keeps people from freaking out too much) and maybe discontinuing my way overpriced antipsychotic (Abilify...yes, that Abilify, the one that's in your face on TV and in magazines). Since I'm on disability, reducing the Abilify or discontinuing it altogether should save the taxpayers some money.

My intelligence has returned, after all these years. I used to have a 95 IQ, on a good day. I also had frontal lobe syndrome. I have neither a low IQ nor frontal lobe syndrome anymore, thanks only to Christ Jesus.

Other good things to report: my hair grew back thicker and healthier (and a different color...weird, huh?); my skin is surprisingly young looking; I'm a little bit taller than when I began this Odyssey 9-10 years ago, and my facial bone structure is improved (for some reason, I had a button nose when I was younger...no longer).

Basically, Jesus hit the reset button for me, a most wretched sinner. I'm now enrolled in classes with Liberty University online. I'll start in May. I think--and my Pentecostal friend agrees with me--that I look younger because my youth, in terms of chronological age, was stolen from me. Too many pills, ect, plus I never really got to "grow up" at the appropriate time, anyway. Now, I can...and instead of looking like your typical 29 year old dude, I look more like I'm 22-24.

So, that's my life now. Officially, I'm "in recovery from a severe psychotic break," which occurred 6 years ago. Truth is, I was never supposed to recover, not from the brain damage, not from the ect, not from the madness. Jesus saw fit to take my broken mind and life and do something with them.

Our Lord has lifted each of us into His arms and has carried us each we couldn't do so on our own. He truly is amazing in His pure love!

I maybe discontinuing my way overpriced antipsychotic (Abilify...yes, that Abilify, the one that's in your face on TV and in magazines). Since I'm on disability, reducing the Abilify or discontinuing it altogether should save the taxpayers some money.

Abilify is crap! I tried it for my schiz and I went CRAZY

Back