Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praise

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
During the past few minutes of reading & re-reading your post, GrannyJ, there have been tears of utter joy leaking from my eyes. That moisture started even before I finished reading the post the first time.

Thank you for sharing your praise of the amazing blessings our Lord bestows upon us!

The Spirit is pouring out so strongly tonight that I can't shake the feeling... glory to God. GLORY TO GOD!

Today, God took me a huge step forward in my recovery from PTSD.

Thank you, Lord, for your healing.
Great news GrannyJ. PTSD is a beast with many ugly heads. I can appreciate your relief because I found none from it until a few years ago when a shrink at the VA decided I was never going to get a good nights sleep without a drug. My most blessed event from this is that from the time after the first month I have not awakened my wife screaming at the men in my dreams. But just never finding Hienen again at night is a treasure all in itself. My wife worried so much on those nights because the tears just wouldn't cease.

I am tickled pink your beast is beaten. Blessed is our LORD.

I am so happy for you! God is good!

PTSD is terrible. I'm convinced that a lot of "mental illnesses" are just trauma, wreaking havoc on our daily lives. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that God is helping you work through things and make progress out of the pit.

Great news GrannyJ. PTSD is a beast with many ugly heads. I can appreciate your relief because I found none from it until a few years ago when a shrink at the VA decided I was never going to get a good nights sleep without a drug. My most blessed event from this is that from the time after the first month I have not awakened my wife screaming at the men in my dreams. But just never finding Hienen again at night is a treasure all in itself. My wife worried so much on those nights because the tears just wouldn't cease.

I am tickled pink your beast is beaten. Blessed is our LORD.

Bill, I will pray for your recovery too. I have been working through the most amazing book, Switch on your Brain. It is by Dr Caroline Leaf, a neuroscientist and also a strong Christian. Her theme is that we CAN renew our minds, as per Romans 12v2 - it is scientifically possible to build new healthy brain circuits to replace the damaged ones. For me, it has worked amazingly, as well as bringing me into a closer relationship with God.

Bill, I will pray for your recovery too. I have been working through the most amazing book, Switch on your Brain. It is by Dr Caroline Leaf, a neuroscientist and also a strong Christian. Her theme is that we CAN renew our minds, as per Romans 12v2 - it is scientifically possible to build new healthy brain circuits to replace the damaged ones. For me, it has worked amazingly, as well as bringing me into a closer relationship with God.
Well... thank you but please don't. I know, strange but you see, I've never been to Heaven though Heaven is my home and the truth is that I have been home sick since 1/1/90, the day of my salvation. on 1/20/'15 I will complete my promised three score and ten and have done all I will ever be able to do for my wife and daughter and all three of us have no issue with me going home to await their arrival. And my neuro is already astounded that I am living with all these scars on my brain and I truly am tired of the hurt.

But may God bless you for the offer.

Well... thank you but please don't. I know, strange but you see, I've never been to Heaven though Heaven is my home and the truth is that I have been home sick since 1/1/90, the day of my salvation. on 1/20/'15 I will complete my promised three score and ten and have done all I will ever be able to do for my wife and daughter and all three of us have no issue with me going home to await their arrival. And my neuro is already astounded that I am living with all these scars on my brain and I truly am tired of the hurt.

But may God bless you for the offer.

May God's peace be within you whatever happens

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back