Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for my story and testing

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok so I have been writing a story and I know it's a little lame but could you pray that I actually finish my story because it feels like it will never end. I would like to get it published so if you could please pray that it someday gets published and that if it does get published that I do it to serve God, not to get famous.

Also recently we found out that I have dyscacula, which is basically math dyslexia. I have some tests that are coming up that will confirm that I have this (and they want to see if I have anything else). So please pray that, that all goes well.

Thanks guys! :)

Hey so today was the testing and it went well but right now I am so angry. It took this long, how many years of detentions, angry teachers, feeling like a complete failure to get to this point?? I watched all my friends say "that test was easy" and I'm sitting there thinking "that was easy? then what does hard look like?" and my confidence was shot. I hated the way teachers would look at me when they handed me back a test with an F on it. I hated it! I am so mad at our education sysyem right now. And that's not even the end...I have to wait three weeks for the test results. Three weeks before anything can move foreward. I have two tests before spring break and I don't want to deal with this. and that is the end of my rant. :mad

So pleased to hear the testing is done.... so sorry to hear the results are three weeks away!

Take heart, tho .... once the test results confirm the dyscalculia, help will be available. There is also the possibility your school's team (who will be assembled to help you) may be able to delete the previous math grades. (It depends upon the school district.)

Also.... the team will come up with several approaches for helping you to deal with a problem that is not curable by human means.

You remain in my prayers, JF!

:wave

Thanks AirDancer. My school isn't like normal schools. It's waaay smaller and it doesn't belong to a district. There are about less than 50 kids total who go to school with me

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm..... puts a different twist to things if your school isn't in a district.

Your state's education guidelines could provide some direction on assistance, and I'm sure your parents will talk with your school once the test results are back.

The bottom line is: there is hope. When I read up a bit about dyscalculia, I was pleased to see there are several different and potentially helpful teaching styles/aids which sound promising.

However it turns out....... you're still in my prayers!

- AD
:wave

whatever the result is I'm sure God will bring amazing things into your life and you will be a blessing to other lives too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back