Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Starz

I know I just joined this forum, but I have a prayer request. Last Sunday, I lost my husband. We were together for 30 years. The memorial is over, and now everyone went back to thier own lives. I've never been on my own, and have never been alone. I'm scared and every evening I almost freak out missing my hubby so much! Nothing helps ... nothing! I need the Lord to take away this pain. I don't want to be alone anymore.

My deepest condolences ..... May God help you overcome grief and loneliness. My prayers are with you! :pray

I'm so so sorry for your loss. My Dad passed away in 2008, and my Mom and him were together just about 20 years, so I've definitely seen the effect such a loss can have. That was one of my Mom's biggest "complaints" about my Dad dying.. many of the "friends" she thought she had weren't there to support her, but I will say, those friends that stayed by my Mom when she needed them...I don't think their friendships have ever been stronger! :)

Trust in the Lord and He will make things clear for you. Remember, everything happens for a reason; my Mom confronts me STILL with revelations she gets regarding my Dad's passing, that God has revealed to her. :yes

You will be in my prayers, and again, my condolences for your loss :sad

P.S. If I may...I'd like to recommend a book for you. It's called 90 Minutes in Heaven (I forget the author :/ ) A man has an account on his "visit" to heaven after he dies and is resuscitated. It helped me greatly because he makes it (heaven) sound so nice.. and I loved my Dad a lot...so hearing that he was experiencing something similar to the authors account...made my pain a little less severe.

I pray that God will comfort you and embrace you during this time Starz... Hold on to Him . I have a song for you " Hold On" by 33 Miles

I 've been there a thousand times,
I've felt the rain like a thousand knives.
And it hurts,
I know it hurts!
I've been there like a fighter plane,
Tryin' fly my way through a hurricane.
And it's hard,
I know it's hard!

Don't be afraid,
You'll make it through,
Just call out to me and I'll come running to you!

Hold on, hold on!
When the current pulls you under,
And your heart beats like thunder.
Just give me your hand,
And hold on, hold on!
Until the storm is over,
And I'll be fighting for you.
Just give me your hand and,
Hold on!

I'll give you hope, I'll give you faith!
And if it's dark, I'll light the way,
For you, for you!
By your side, until the end,
Until you're standing tall again!
I'm here, I'll always be here.

And if the tide, sweeps you out to sea,
When your strength is gone, and it's hard to believe!

Hold on, hold on!
And your heart beats like thunder!
Just give me your hand,
And hold on, hold on!
Until the storm is over.
And I'll be fighting for you,
Just give me your hand!

Ooooo so...
Hold on, hold on!
And your heart beats like thunder!