Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] prayers for someone who needs them

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
So this girl who goes to my church...well, I found out recently that she's being emotionally abused. I heard some of the things that's been going on with her tonight...and all I could think was "OMG...". (Heard this from someone whose son is a deputy who was involved in this, so they know what they're talking about.)

I don't think I should go into details, but that poor girl must feel so unloved. Her parents literally do not want her. :sad All this time I thought they were just especially strict. (I don't like assuming the worst about people.)

I wish that there was more I could do to help than praying...

i pray that God will comfort her . I also pray that God will change the heart of her parents and show compassion and love to this girl:pray

Dear Lord, penetrate this girl's heart with your love in a very special way. Show her she is precious. Transform her parents, too. Where they need to be convicted and changed, direct events to move and change their hearts and souls. You are the One who can do this. We ask that you do. Breathe Your life into this family. In Jesus' name.

Dear Lord, penetrate this girl's heart with your love in a very special way. Show her she is precious. Transform her parents, too. Where they need to be convicted and changed, direct events to move and change their hearts and souls. You are the One who can do this. We ask that you do. Breathe Your life into this family. In Jesus' name.

Amen :thumbsup

Father,

You are such a great and powerful God. You love us so much, even when we don't feel loved. Be with this girl and not only help her by filling her heart with your unimaginable love, but if you are willing, use questdriven in this girl's life. Or if not, questdriven, someone else...simply to show her that she IS loved.

Amen.

Bringing this post up again because she still needs prayers. I don't want to say more than I should, though I probably already am by typing what I'm about to type, but not much can legally be done about emotional abuse so she's stuck with that family. They don't want her and yet they won't put her up for adoption or something.

Dear Father, You alone know the heart of this family, and the trial of this young girl. Please come with Your mercy and grace to her in this, her great time of need and resolve the problems she has to Your glory. Work in the lives of the entire family that they may discover Your love, and treat one another as You would have them to. If there is a way LORD and yet I know there is nothing hard for You, please make an opening for Sister Questdriven to befriend her without confrontation from her parents, and bless them all in the precious name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Have Your way and perfect will be done and I thank You for hearing me this day. Amen.

Prayers continue for this precious child...and for her family .... so that our Lord's amazing love & grace will heal all involved

Amen and Amen

I haven't heard anything about her in a while, so I assume she still needs prayers.
As tempting as it is, I still don't want to say too much. I just know what I've been told, and I was told months ago, so it's not really my business. Still, I was hoping at some point to see this girl and talk to her, but I haven't seen her in months. She's not staying with her family, and the place she is staying at, last I was told, is a detention center or something similar...she doesn't deserve that, you know?

Things like this are the reason why I'm losing faith in humanity.
Also makes me realized that I've really been blessed, y'know? My family isn't perfect, but we at least actually care about each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers continue for her, Questdriven.

Will also pray that your faith in humanity returns. It's important to be aware that some people are just downright nasty & mean ... but most are good people. And it's these good people who need our faith in them (& our faith to share to them!).

I saw her at church this morning. Doesn't look like much has changed, but then I'm not involved in this directly.
I'm told she'll be going back to the detention center today, though...how long has she even been home, I wonder? Today was the first time I've seen her in months.
A lot of the people talked to her, saying they were glad to see her. I didn't know what else to say, so I said the same thing when I got the chance.

They sent her back to the juvenile delinquent center. :sad From what I know of the situation, she simply doesn't deserve to be there. They say she threatened her brothers, but nothing or next to nothing was done physically and she wouldn't even know how to do those things. My brother and I have done worse (we've actually thrown punches at each other in the past), and even that wasn't serious enough to call the police or anything.

It's just frustrating when you have a situation like that and you can't do anything about it, and neither can anyone else. The police and detention centers say nothing is wrong with her, but they can't change her parent's attitude. Emotional abuse cases are hard to handle, and it seems nothing or not much can be done unless physical abuse is involved.

I meant this to be an update, but it turned into a rant. Sorry.

It saddens me to learn her life continues to be in a vicious cycle of emotional abuse. And although juvie isn't a good place for her to be, at least it isn't in a home where the people she should be able to trust the most are in actuality the people she cannot rely on at all.

Prayers continue for her .... as well as prayers for our Lord God to address the many issues this young woman's parents have.

Blessings!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back