Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Publisher,,,,,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My book is now being worked to form the cover art. Their first attempt arrived today. It was lame, uninspired, amateurish.....very disappointing. Ann was upset and let them know about it. She is a warrior when needed. I think I'll let her handle it from here out. My son was even upset....it was so bad.

My book is now being worked to form the cover art. Their first attempt arrived today. It was lame, uninspired, amateurish.....very disappointing. Ann was upset and let them know about it. She is a warrior when needed. I think I'll let her handle it from here out. My son was even upset....it was so bad.
Good on Ann for letting them know how disappointing it was. Let's hope the next one they send is the right one

i was a commercial graphic artist and sign painter for several years - if you want let me see what they did - tell me what you want - and for free i will see what i can do for you - are you able to post it here in pdf or jpeg form?

otherwise praying for your success

i was a commercial graphic artist and sign painter for several years - if you want let me see what they did - tell me what you want - and for free i will see what i can do for you - are you able to post it here in pdf or jpeg form?

otherwise praying for your success
I am humbled and honored for your offer, but the publisher said that even if we get our own artist, they will still "do their best to replicate it"......which means they ultimately have us at their mercy. If they still persist in their lackluster attitude we will certainly take you up on it. The character representing Annie looked like she'd rather be at the mall shopping than modeling for a book cover......it was poor art directing/modeling/acting.

Have you every tried Canva online to try and make your own book cover? You may be able to figure out a different one, I hope.

Sorry to hear of the disappointment. It would be disappointing to work so hard on a book and then be disappointed in the cover art.
Thank you Rose. We will look into it. Our son offered to introduce us to his artist as well. The publisher has total control over the entire process and sales for a 2 year run.......we're stuck.

But i thought everyone who reads books knows you dont judge a book by its cover.

Last edited:
so sorry, daninthelionsden . maybe this is just...part of the ongoing bargaining process? kind of like...the equivalent of being given a low-ball offer, first time out? I dunno, I dunno. Praying things get better. :)
Hoping this is the case. The thing is this isn't the first time I've tried to get off disability. I invented a computer accessary but the patent attorney wanted every asset we owned including the house. We turned to LegalZoom to get a provisional patent.....waste of money/time. Don't know if I'm being thwarted again. Time will tell.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back