Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

PUPPIES!!! (And a somber warning)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Sparkey

Retired
Everybody loves 'em.
Published on May 3, 2015
A frightening social experiment video has highlighted how young children can be easily preyed upon by complete strangers. In this instance, the man uses a puppy to make friends (pictured).

I saw this as well.
"Stranger Danger" is really a myth. By far, by an almost astronomical margin, children who are harmed are harmed by someone their mother knows and trusts around her children. As a matter of fact, most children who are harmed by an adult, live with the adult who harms them, most often a male unrelated to them (mom's boyfriend).

That said, we still need to caution our children not to go off with strangers, but as this video shows, such cautions are often useless.

Me... I just never let my kids out of my sight when we were out and about.

In generations past, most children were harmed by their own blood relatives. These are the silent, who live/lived with the guilt and fear for many years or even forever. The ones who did the harm were never prosecuted and never will be on this earth.

That is a good reminder of how easily something could happen. I am wondering how my 4 year old would react if she was asked to go see the other puppies? I know my 8 year old son wouldn't do it. He is so cautious that when I pick him up from school and the students are all standing outside together as a group with the teacher, he won't leave with me until the teacher sees him and he says "Ok just letting you know my dad is here".

That is a good reminder of how easily something could happen. I am wondering how my 4 year old would react if she was asked to go see the other puppies? I know my 8 year old son wouldn't do it. He is so cautious that when I pick him up from school and the students are all standing outside together as a group with the teacher, he won't leave with me until the teacher sees him and he says "Ok just letting you know my dad is here".
This sounds like maybe something that school has implemented, as well.
When I was driving school bus there was a kindergartener who's mother picked him up part of the time. I was never informed when she was and when she wasn't. One day his father chased down my bus, he's an arrogant fellow anyway and now he is scared, too.
Anyway, the boy had gotten on the wrong bus without Opal seeing him and had ridden that bus on a 40 mile around trip back to the school. No cell phones back then and Opal did not see him in the back until she was headed back to the school. His parents were terrified, we all were. After that Kathleen came and told me when she was taking him.

When I was driving school bus there was a kindergartener who's mother picked him up part of the time. I was never informed when she was and when she wasn't. One day his father chased down my bus, he's an arrogant fellow anyway and now he is scared, too.
Anyway, the boy had gotten on the wrong bus without Opal seeing him and had ridden that bus on a 40 mile around trip back to the school. No cell phones back then and Opal did not see him in the back until she was headed back to the school. His parents were terrified, we all were. After that Kathleen came and told me when she was taking him.
I have thought about driving one of those for the school board but I wonder if I have the patience for the kids. I already the cdl b and I have been trained on bus driving for the national guard. I would have to take the passenger test for the state as that is different the other types of passenger buses. there are two endorsements. alas at present the school board hours are in conflict with my primary job

Anyway, the boy had gotten on the wrong bus without Opal seeing him and had ridden that bus on a 40 mile around trip back to the school. No cell phones back then and Opal did not see him in the back until she was headed back to the school. His parents were terrified, we all were. After that Kathlen came and told me when she was taking him.
This is a familiar sounding story. For the first three years I worked as a teacher's aide I also was a special ed bus aide in the morning and afternoon routes. Most of the students that we picked up went to the school that I work at. The parents are supposed to call in and let the driver know if there child is not riding on a particular day, so that the bus does not come by their house. Well one day we stopped at a students house who was a non verbal and his parents were deaf. The bus driver back then always was in a hurry and would honk the horn if the student was not standing outside ready the moment we arrived. After honking the horn a couple of times a light came on in the house it turned out to be the students bedroom and he was looking out the window at us. My bus driver then told me to go ring the door bell but by the time I walked up to the door he had already opened it. The student was just standing there half dressed and his parents did not seem to be awake. I called out their names as loud as I could but they could not hear me. Then my bus driver told me to hurry up and get him dressed cause we were running late. So I did as she told me to and went to his room and helped him to finish getting his shoes on before we left. A few hours later his mother sent an email to his teacher wanting to know if we had seen her son that day. Sure enough he wasn't supposed to ride that day because he had a doctors apt, but they never called in. Thank God I knew who his parents were before and they were very understanding and not upset.

I have thought about driving one of those for the school board but I wonder if I have the patience for the kids. I already the cdl b and I have been trained on bus driving for the national guard. I would have to take the passenger test for the state as that is different the other types of passenger buses. there are two endorsements. alas at present the school board hours are in conflict with my primary job
The first school system I drove for also hired bus monitors for the longer routes like mine. That was really nice, just drive and pay attention for the black ice, not the kids.

One time this kid at the store started following me after I said hi. I was like "no, no, your parents are over there". I was so afraid they thought I had told him to follow me or something. *shudder*
In generations past, most children were harmed by their own blood relatives. These are the silent, who live/lived with the guilt and fear for many years or even forever. The ones who did the harm were never prosecuted and never will be on this earth.
True. It makes sense, being in a position of trust makes those kind of things easier to get away with.

Back