Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] rededication

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Nicky304

I'm going through a difficult time. I'm trying to rededicate my life, but I wonder if its too late for me. I try to pray but I feel like I'm light years away from God. I'm filled with anxiety and fear. I haven't felt this way in a long time, and its nearly debilitating. I have rededicated in the past several times and I've heard that God will no longer forgive someone after they have backslid so much. Is this true? Please pray for me. I also worry because I don't feel God tugging at my heart anymore. I used to in the past, but I would always tell Him that I promise I will rededicate but I never did until now. Is it too late? Please pray for me.

NIV said:
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

God has already forgiven you for everything you did. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins he said "It is finished". This means anything we do will be forgiven as long as we confess our sins.

I know what you're going through, those dry moments can be hard. Know God is there for you. He will always love you. You don't feel him tugging, and He never has. What you've felt before is his embrace. God will not force himself upon you, He waits for you to come to him and he will accept all of you with open arms.

My prayers go to you Brother.

Thanks so much for the reply and for the prayers. I'm trusting that God will bring me through this. My own fear and doubt is what is keeping me from fully surrendering to Him, but I'm not giving up. Thanks again. God bless

Dear Nicky, yours is a tale of many Christians in their walk with God. Once having received Christ as your Savior you belong to Him. We are a work in progress, and the very fact you are filled with fear is proof His calling is active and well. God never fails or forsakes us even when we stray and is always available to our cry for help.

In Luke 15:11-32 is the story of the prodigal son which took his trip into a far country, failed at life, and returned unto his father. Now that far trip can be right where we live when we seem far from God. He returned, his father ran to meet him, fell on his neck, and kissed him. Our father loves you at all times and is just waiting to give you the life He wants you to experience.

To have the joy of your salvation you must learn who you are in Christ as a son of God. He gave Jesus for you and is not finished with you; you belong to Him. I wrote the following pamphlet written in three parts at the following URL link I hope you'll read titled as "Salvation with Security." Hopefully it'll give you the basis and knowledge to know you are still loved by God.

Salvation with Security – 1, 2, 3
http://www.christianforums.net/Fell...ds/salvation-with-security-parts-1-2-3.52236/

Dear Father, we know Nicky is not here by accident this night, and I pray that You take this life that belongs to You and mold him into the very nature of Jesus. Help him to stand in the face of diversity he is faced with, and to become the overcomer in the things that will give him an inheritance unimaginable in the eternities to come, and the peace that passes understanding as You lead him in the path you have for him. Thank You Father, and I ask this in Jesus' name. Bless him as only You are able. Amen.

BTW - Welcome to these forums Nicky and I hope you are blessed in your time of fellowship with us. :wave2

Hi Nicky, in times like these it's a good thing to stop, look at how you respond to people who give you a hard time and in your heart, how do you respond. With love or anger. Many times we slide into thoughts about other people and things that irritate us and we think bad thoughts. Normally, we don't respond that way but we think that way. Our thoughts can be our enemy and get us in trouble with the Lord. I'm not saying that this is your problem, but folk that I have counseled, it was.

How do you get back to a good relationship with Jesus? So you can rededicate your life and have it stick? You can do what I do every morning. I greet My Heavenly Father, Master Jesus & The Holy Spirit with a "Good Morning". Then I say to Jesus, "Master Jesus" I surrender my life to You this morning, I surrender my heart, my mind, my thoughts and my body to you. Please perfect the things that are lacking in my heart & mind". Let me tell you, if you keep that up every morning, in a year, or sooner, you will be a different person! I promise.

Generally, when we feel a distance from our Father, and Jesus, we are the ones who have drifted away, not God. So repent of any known sins, ask forgiveness, and get up and start over. Jesus love you, forgives you, and will give you the strength to go on. He not only is the God of second chances, but 3rd 4th 5th 20th 50th and well you get the picture.

Welcome to CFnet, Nicky304 :wave2

As everyone has presented thus far, our Lord welcomes you (each of us) with open & loving arms each and every day, even if we have decided we're doing just fine without leaning on Him. That's usually what happens: we turn to Him in times of trials & tribulations, and then, when matters straighten out & are going well, we decide we can take it from there & be fine. Well..... as we each learn, that's not the way of it. We need our Lord all the time, not just in the rough times.

But it's a situation that's easy enough to remedy. Return to prayer, admit you have traveled (even momentarily) a path not of His choosing, and tell our Lord anew just how much you love Him and need His guidance/direction in your life. Greet the day, when you arise, with a prayer of thanksgiving that our Lord has provided you another beautiful day....and end your day with a prayer of thanksgiving for the day you have received, and reiterate just how much you love Him and need Him.

You are a member of our Lord's family, so smile & rejoice!

:hug

Hi Nicky, welcome. What everyone before hand has already said is exactly right.
He will always love you, always accept you and always forgive you. All it takes is confession, repentance and faith.
If you are unsure of your own strength, it doesn't matter. It is His strength and grace that gets you through and saves, not our own.
Final word: He forgave and loves a piece of dirt like me and showed me the way and so He will do for you.
I'll pray that you find it within you to trust our Lord with all of your heart
Blessings in His holy name

Its not too late. He's done wonderful things in my life, other peoples' lives, etc. You haven't been forgotten or cast off. My only advice would be to keep praying and reading your Word and try to find a good church. "Obedience is better than sacrifice," so it'd probably help to take a look at your life and try to re-align it with God's word and will.

Its been a while since I've been on, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and the warm welcomes. I'm doing well. I've been praying and talking to God daily. He helps me everyday. I still need to start going to church because I know that will help me through these hard times. Again, thanks for much for caring and keep me in your prayers. God bless you all!

I'm going through a difficult time. I'm trying to rededicate my life, but I wonder if its too late for me. I try to pray but I feel like I'm light years away from God. I'm filled with anxiety and fear. I haven't felt this way in a long time, and its nearly debilitating. I have rededicated in the past several times and I've heard that God will no longer forgive someone after they have backslid so much. Is this true? Please pray for me. I also worry because I don't feel God tugging at my heart anymore. I used to in the past, but I would always tell Him that I promise I will rededicate but I never did until now. Is it too late? Please pray for me.
Dear Nicky304 ,
It sounds to me like you are having a hard time because you are placing rules on yourself thinking that it will makes things right. But that's impossible. The only thing that can make you righ before God is knowing Jesus. Jesus gave up his life that you may have a blessed life of your own. It is also helpful to know that faith is different from feelings. Sometimes you feel God is there, and sometimes you feel nothing, but that does not change your relationship with God. He is always open to hearing your prayers and work in your life.

Jesus will NEVER give up on you, and it is never too late to pursue a relationship with God! You have to know that he loves you SO MUCH!
Jesus forgives every sin you have done in the past, the struggles in the present, and the sins you will unfortunately do in the future.
You do have hope. Please don't give up!
It's going to be alright. :) Just give God a chance.
:)

Back