Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Regret alot of my past

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I feel a bit sad because I've done things in the past that I regret alot and I wish that my life would have been different. It's hard to continue life with carrying the past on my shoulders. I regret alot because theres a possibility that I might have committed blashphemy (about the band stuff that i'm not proud anymore) and i haven't been the best student in Christianity so far. What's up?

You’re forgiven for your past sins, as we all are. The object is to learn from our mistakes. The Lord doesn’t want us to keep on committing the same sins over and over. He will discipline us if he needs to.

I find regretting my past to be a bit of a paradox. Yes, I've done things that I'm not proud of but my past has given me many attributes that God is now using for his purpose. We are all shaped by our experiences and I doubt I would be in Christ if it wasn't for my past.

Ultimately I am forgiven for my past but without my past, I wouldn't be who I am now.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

AIR, one of the greatest things about God is he not only forgives us he also remembers our past no more as He wipes the slate clean through His grace. We now have an intercessor (Jesus) who sits at the right hand of the Father and hears our confession that we are sinners and need his salvation as we believe in our heart that he was truly sent from God as the living word that we can indeed become righteous again not of our own righteousness, but that righteousness that is God whom through his Spirit is promised to dwell in us. All we have to do is believe and confess that we are sinners and allow Gods righteousness to cleanse us and renew our spirit man. Jesus wants us to come as we are and allow him to make the changes that need made in our hearts. People want to clean the fish before they catch them, but Jesus says come as you are I will clean you from the inside out.

John 10:9 I am the door, if any man enter in, he shall be saved.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto
the Father, but by me.

Romans 10:9, 10 if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in his heart that God has raised him from the dead thou shall be saved. Vs.10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I also have a class I teach on Salvation at my website if you truly want to know about forgiveness. The URL is at the bottom of my post as you can just click on it.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."~Psalm 103:12 KJV (Casting Crown's song East to West is based off this scripture.)

Something my dad pointed out about the analogy of "as far as the east is from the west"--since the world is a circle, if you head out east and keep going in that direction forever without changing course, you will never ever be heading west. And the opposite is also true. The east and west never meet. Never.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."~Psalm 103:12 KJV (Casting Crown's song East to West is based off this scripture.)

Something my dad pointed out about the analogy of "as far as the east is from the west"--since the world is a circle, if you head out east and keep going in that direction forever without changing course, you will never ever be heading west. And the opposite is also true. The east and west never meet. Never.

Excellent sentiment.

Good to be sure of this by faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back