Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rev 3:14-22

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Revelation 3:14-22

King James Version (KJV)

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3:14-22

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Message to Laodicea

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:
15 ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,†and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’â€

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

These are my thoughts please share yours.

14 We know Paul may have went to see the fellow believers of this city thru Col 4. It wa sonce known as the city of Zeus so, there would ahve been pegan worship there.

15 They don't have a heart divided between the Lord and the world. god would rather not have so, He could raw us or have us to serve Him being a dead Christian is very bad and is sin in the eyes of God.

16 God does not want worldy Christians we are not made for this world but one He will bring when He returns. Wordly Christians are uneffective and weaken witness of other Christians.

17 God dos not see people the way we do but different. We can be great in the eyes of the world by gathering up treasures but, the Lord sees the treasures we lay up in heaven.

18 We are to use what God gives us to carry out the great commission.

19 We know we are His by having Him correct us and guide us but if we are getting this when we are outside His will then we are not His.

20 We have to be willing to allow the Lord to change us and by doing this we are given more and more changes to serve the Lord.

21 The Christian walk is about overcoming the struggles of this life.

22 We should keep our eyes open to the truth of the word.

Hi Brother Clark, and Laodicea is but one part of the failure of Christendom in degeneration of truth and zeal of the things of God beginning with Ephesus leaving its first of preeminent love of the Lord. Christ found fault in five of the seven portions of the one body of Christ in Asia and told them to repent, but the good news was that He found Smyrna and Philadelphia commendable. How are we graded in our walk as our reward will be with Christ when we see Him.

I see Laodicea as the end time of the church on earth when the times of the Gentiles end, their fullness being accomplished, and tribulation and judgment comes. What can we be doing at this time? Allow God to continue His work in us and be led of Him in the paths He sets before us which include many of the struggles we face, though always for our good. To have God’s best we are instructed in Rev 2:10 to remain faithful unto death, and as with Philadelphia to have faithfully kept the word, or because thou hast kept the word of my patience, in Rev 3:10.

Just my thoughts and hope I didn’t get too far from your ideas on this. Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Hi Brother Clark, and Laodicea is but one part of the failure of Christendom in degeneration of truth and zeal of the things of God beginning with Ephesus leaving its first of preeminent love of the Lord. Christ found fault in five of the seven portions of the one body of Christ in Asia and told them to repent, but the good news was that He found Smyrna and Philadelphia commendable. How are we graded in our walk as our reward will be with Christ when we see Him.

I see Laodicea as the end time of the church on earth when the times of the Gentiles end, their fullness being accomplished, and tribulation and judgment comes. What can we be doing at this time? Allow God to continue His work in us and be led of Him in the paths He sets before us which include many of the struggles we face, though always for our good. To have God’s best we are instructed in Rev 2:10 to remain faithful unto death, and as with Philadelphia to have faithfully kept the word, or because thou hast kept the word of my patience, in Rev 3:10.

Just my thoughts and hope I didn’t get too far from your ideas on this. Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Rev. 3:7 has Philadelphia on the scene with Laodicea. United at one juncture! (these two last church's are to be shaken to the core) And Phil. remains to where verse 10 applies, while Laodicea ends being the Rev. 3:9 church of satan.

OK: That has the same history as old Israel with the church staying put and the 12 starting up the Acts church. (just an extension) See Eccl. 1:9-10 + the repeat seen in Eccl. 3:15 & for how God does indeed work! Gen. 41:32

--Elijah

Rev. 3:7 has Philadelphia on the scene with Laodicea. United at one juncture! (these two last church's are to be shaken to the core) And Phil. remains to where verse 10 applies, while Laodicea ends being the Rev. 3:9 church of satan.
Hi Brother Elijah, and I think we're saying the same thing but just to make sure, both churches represent them alive at the time of the rapture; one ready and the other not. Philadelphia saints are said to have crowns in Rev 3:11, and Laodicean saints are invited to experience that same fellowship with Him in Rev 3:20. Both being of the body of Christ have access to all being offered, but Laodicea has become sleepy, lukewarm, and not availing itself of what Jesus wants for it; they like four other of the seven churches addressed are told to repent to have His best in Rev 3:21.

Just my thoughts and thanks for your reply. :waving

Hi Brother Elijah, and I think we're saying the same thing but just to make sure, both churches represent them alive at the time of the rapture; one ready and the other not. Philadelphia saints are said to have crowns in Rev 3:11, and Laodicean saints are invited to experience that same fellowship with Him in Rev 3:20. Both being of the body of Christ have access to all being offered, but Laodicea has become sleepy, lukewarm, and not availing itself of what Jesus wants for it; they like four other of the seven churches addressed are told to repent to have His best in Rev 3:21.

Just my thoughts and thanks for your reply. :waving

Then all of the Laodicean's become the synagogue of satan's last church, and stay put, Rev. 3:9, the same as old Israel with that of John 12:42-43, then we have the Acts church with an EXTENDED ISRAEL.

--Elijah

Then all of the Laodicean's become the synagogue of satan's last church, and stay put, Rev. 3:9, the same as old Israel with that of John 12:42-43, then we have the Acts church with an EXTENDED ISRAEL.
I'm trying to understand what you're inferring of Laodcidea becoming the synagogue of Satan, such as we read of in Rev 3:9. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

If that is what you're applying to Laodicea, it is not them saying they are Jews, but Christ is calling them His church in Rev 3:14. Now as to their walk they are surely not where Christ wants them to be, and just as we read in Rev 18:4 Jesus is calling his people to come out from among them, but His people remain His people. What do you think?

Eugene, let start with Rev. 18:4? These are all the false doctrinal teaching (they are all lost) church folds of Rev. 17:1-5 (notice verse 5)

OK: Phil. & Laod. arrive on the scene together as Isa. 5:1-7 as the good & the bad. (wheat + tares) Very few Love the Lord!

Now which are the worse as seen in Rev. 18:4?? Last message is to come out or be lost of all false teaching church folds.

INTO WHAT?? Laodicea? Who at there end are by far the worse than the others! See Joshua 7 for Achan sin & what the SDA church has become with all of their KNOWN sin's? (yes then claim to be Laodicea) And the Lord makes the call of what they became in verse 9 of Rev.

Phil. is the church that replaces the last church, as an EXTENSION. As old Israel was extended into the Acts Church with all 12 executed by the OLD Church. (who stayed put!)

--Elijah

Eugene, let start with Rev. 18:4? These are all the false doctrinal teaching (they are all lost) church folds of Rev. 17:1-5 (notice verse 5)

OK: Phil. & Laod. arrive on the scene together as Isa. 5:1-7 as the good & the bad. (wheat + tares) Very few Love the Lord!

Now which are the worse as seen in Rev. 18:4?? Last message is to come out or be lost of all false teaching church folds.

INTO WHAT?? Laodicea? Who at there end are by far the worse than the others! See Joshua 7 for Achan sin & what the SDA church has become with all of their KNOWN sin's? (yes then claim to be Laodicea) And the Lord makes the call of what they became in verse 9 of Rev.

Phil. is the church that replaces the last church, as an EXTENSION. As old Israel was extended into the Acts Church with all 12 executed by the OLD Church. (who stayed put!)

--Elijah
I see what you’re attempting to use as ensamples, but there are differences and that is the blood of Christ. God proclaims them justified as being the church in both the Philadelphia and Laodicea conditions. In Revelation 18:4 the people of Thyatira are said to be His people. Come out of her lest you suffer the consequence of her sins. We can suffer the same effects in our lives at this present time if we don’t listen to God, but it is not going to hell.

What is the difference? The ones of Philadelphia that faithfully keep the word in Revelation 3:10 are kept from the temptation to come upon all the world, whereas in Rev 2:22 the church in Thyatira will be cast into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Which condition of the church might we be considered to be? Judging by them told to repent it depends on their walk in Christ. Do they remain faithful unto death as those of Smyrna, do they faithfully keep the word as those of Philadelphia who are alive at Jesus’ coming, or have they left their first or preeminent love of Christ as those of Ephesus?

Regardless of their condition God does not leave or forsake them and continues to call them His body which is the Church.

Be blessed in Christ Jesus. :waving

--Elijah
I see what you’re attempting to use as ensamples, but there are differences and that is the blood of Christ. God proclaims them justified as being the church in both the Philadelphia and Laodicea conditions. In Revelation 18:4 the people of Thyatira are said to be His people. Come out of her lest you suffer the consequence of her sins. We can suffer the same effects in our lives at this present time if we don’t listen to God, but it is not going to hell.

What is the difference? The ones of Philadelphia that faithfully keep the word in Revelation 3:10 are kept from the temptation to come upon all the world, whereas in Rev 2:22 the church in Thyatira will be cast into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Which condition of the church might we be considered to be? Judging by them told to repent it depends on their walk in Christ. Do they remain faithful unto death as those of Smyrna, do they faithfully keep the word as those of Philadelphia who are alive at Jesus’ coming, or have they left their first or preeminent love of Christ as those of Ephesus?

Regardless of their condition God does not leave or forsake them and continues to call them His body which is the Church.

Be blessed in Christ Jesus. :waving

Hi, the question is which have they chosen (Christ or satan) in the 666 time?
Matt. 6:24

--Elijah

I had to think on this, but in the 666 time it is the second half of the tribulation, a time when all the church is in heaven excepting them of Thyatira not coming out of her in Rev 18:4, and will not be subject to the reign of the antichrist. Who have they chosen? As with the seal of God, I personally think only God will know who is His at that time.

I had to think on this, but in the 666 time it is the second half of the tribulation, a time when all the church is in heaven excepting them of Thyatira not coming out of her in Rev 18:4, and will not be subject to the reign of the antichrist. Who have they chosen? As with the seal of God, I personally think only God will know who is His at that time.

Hi, thinking is good, but we need the guidance of the Holy Spirit! The way I see it is that there are two resurections, 1000 year apart. All the wicked are dead except for satan & his crew. (Jer. 4:22-27) Earth is in shambles with no light. (No man living) So where are the righteous? 1 Cor. 6:2-3 tell us! So when Christ returns, it is then that all the wicked dead have their resurrection to be blotted out of eternity. Obad. 1:16

And the standard to which all will be judged by is seen in Eccl. 12:13-14

--Elijah

Hi, thinking is good, but we need the guidance of the Holy Spirit! The way I see it is that there are two resurections, 1000 year apart. All the wicked are dead except for satan & his crew. (Jer. 4:22-27) Earth is in shambles with no light. (No man living) So where are the righteous? 1 Cor. 6:2-3 tell us! So when Christ returns, it is then that all the wicked dead have their resurrection to be blotted out of eternity. Obad. 1:16

--Elijah
I agree though I would stipulate that the dead are judged at the end of the thousand years according to their works of unrighteousness; without Christ there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Rom 3:12.

At the beginning of the millennium we as the righteous will be in Jesus' presence, and when we see Him our reward is is according to what we allow Him to do in us, and He says in Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Blessings brother in Christ Jesus.

--Elijah
I agree though I would stipulate that the dead are judged at the end of the thousand years according to their works of unrighteousness; without Christ there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Rom 3:12.

At the beginning of the millennium we as the righteous will be in Jesus' presence, and when we see Him our reward is is according to what we allow Him to do in us, and He says in Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Blessings brother in Christ Jesus.

Did you check Jer. 4:22-27? (For planet earth)

[22] For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. (now that is not all of them!;))

[23] I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
(the only thing that could be living here is satan & his wicked angels)

[24] I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
[25] I beheld, and, lo, there [was no man], and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
[26] I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
(this is the second Coming of Christ. And who is resurrected first? 1 Thess. 4:13-16 Judgment follows all dead lost ones)

[27] For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
(How so?? Before the earth was created it again is the same way... NOTHING but a wilderness! The only one here are as quoted, satan & his evil angels. Think of NO LIGHT?? Who could live with no light?)

OK: Now see Rev. 20:1-3 for where satan is at for the 1000 years. And note the rest of the DEAD ONES in Rev. 20:5. 'lived not again until the 1000 years were finished..' They are ALL Dead. They are not in heaven, only [[their RECORDS]] are there. Rev. 20:12 says that they are d-e-a-d & their works are recorded. Again the only thing asked of mankind is seen in Eccl. 12:13-14 ... and this separates the saved from the lost ones.

--Elijah

the only thing that could be living here is satan & his wicked angels)
Am I missing something? Without looking it up, those of the earth during the millennium are to go and worship once a year of all nations. and then at the end Satan gathers nations to compass the camp of the saints, and then fire comes down from heaven on them. I'm sorry brother, I just do not know the context of Jeremiah enough to really comment on it. If I'm not mistaken Daniel and Jeremiah were contemporaries during the dispersion and I was under the opinion much of Jeremiah's writing to concern that time. Thanks.

Am I missing something? Without looking it up, those of the earth during the millennium are to go and worship once a year of all nations. and then at the end Satan gathers nations to compass the camp of the saints, and then fire comes down from heaven on them. I'm sorry brother, I just do not know the context of Jeremiah enough to really comment on it. If I'm not mistaken Daniel and Jeremiah were contemporaries during the dispersion and I was under the opinion much of Jeremiah's writing to concern that time. Thanks.

OK, can leave it off for now. But what does it mean for later on seeing that there was no man?

--Elijah

You are exactly right. Jeremiah 4 is about the condition of Jacob's descendents and the desolation of the holy land during the time of the Babylonian captivity. However, God kept a remnant which He would send back to Jerusalem through Cyrus the Great, to rebuild so that the Messianic covenant could eventually be fulfilled in Christ.

Jer 4:27 ¶ For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

OK, can leave it off for now. But what does it mean for later on seeing that there was no man?

--Elijah

It means all the good figs were in captivity, while only bad figs remained in the promised land and would be destroyed.

Again dear brother, I'm of the opinion with the little I have gathered from others writing on Google searches Jeremiah known as the weeping prophet was prophesying of his present day experiences for his beloved Israel during their captivity. Much interpretative language seems to be used such as in there's none left I think you mentioned could refer in his sight after their battles; I just do not know yet but Elijah seems to have experienced such a moment in Rom 11:3 when he said Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. :biggrinunno

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back