Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revenge and justice- wheres the cutting line?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Zeth4500

So, in christianity usually we cannot take revenge, we are to let god roll the dices. And hurting others is strictly prohibited.
The intention is very important when deciding in a legal case what the actions following should be.
Im thinking- imagine we have a company that scams thousands of people every single year and theres no chance of stopping it.
Could it be justified to hurt this one person behind all of this, to save thousands of people- every single year?
Its not difficult to imagine a scam could split families apart and even cause suicide in severe cases. Is there a cutting line where one mans existence can be lessened, to save thousands of others?

I get that we desire for god to roll the dices, but i also believe if the perpetrator is assisted by dark forces that he will be well guarded from god to work against him- and those dark spirits would naturally work against the man attempting to stop him, i do believe also these dark spirits cannot work as effectively against the man that has a physical body on earth as they can by gods curses against the man.

Where is the line, what is righteous and what is not in this case?

So, in christianity usually we cannot take revenge, we are to let god roll the dices. And hurting others is strictly prohibited.
The intention is very important when deciding in a legal case what the actions following should be.
Im thinking- imagine we have a company that scams thousands of people every single year and theres no chance of stopping it.
Could it be justified to hurt this one person behind all of this, to save thousands of people- every single year?
Its not difficult to imagine a scam could split families apart and even cause suicide in severe cases. Is there a cutting line where one mans existence can be lessened, to save thousands of others?

I get that we desire for god to roll the dices, but i also believe if the perpetrator is assisted by dark forces that he will be well guarded from god to work against him- and those dark spirits would naturally work against the man attempting to stop him, i do believe also these dark spirits cannot work as effectively against the man that has a physical body on earth as they can by gods curses against the man.

Where is the line, what is righteous and what is not in this case?
Have you understood Romans 12:17-21,
17,Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

It plainly says Do What is Right. We are to overcome evil by being and doing good.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back