Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Riots

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Potluck

These may begin with a genuine opposition to the issue at hand but as they progress the reason becomes a non-issue, an idea lost, a thought forgotten.

Currently the riots in the UK are of such as above. I honestly believe most of the participants don't, at this point of time, really care what the issue is. I've seen this sort of thing occur many times in the past.

It leads me to conclude a division of the hearts of men. There are those motivated to destruction and there who are motivated to create. As far as time frames are concerned it takes a lot less time to destroy than to construct.

I'd like to open an unbiased discussion not to the events that grab the attention of public view through the abrupt change of calamity but the nurturing of both creation and destruction that leads to either.

Let me say I know both. I love a good bonfire and I love a spectacular lightening storm. The violence of both is appealing. I make those examples to only demonstrate a point. Both are violent and abrupt.

On the other hand I can and do appreciate and hold dear the time, the dedication of a thing conceived of it's creation through the sweat and work/diligence to see the idea presented in it's reality whether it be on the drawing board, easel or a literary writing or musical script.

So I come to the riots as seen currently or those in the past. What drives those to act with abandon when in truth there is nothing to be gained? When in truth the issue no longer matters. When in truth the store owner had nothing to do with anything but it's him the bears the weight of reprisal in looting? Does anarchy appeal to human nature, the sinful nature without God? Is the excitement and allure of violence so inbred that it can spread with no basis or reason?

Back