Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Rose

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

8431044509_f771002e87_z.jpg

Beautiful colors. My great grandmother made a flour sack quilt using these colors on cream color background. As a rose it is even more beautiful.

While fiddling around, I discovered my camera has a setting that will take several exposures and stack them to make an HDR-like image. More lifelike, I think.
8435825807_d12d277458_z.jpg

B: Actually I think the golden-brownish tinge in the first photo is quite effective.

Kind of Gothic, really.

It picks up the cream color in the wilting rose and carries it through the photo. One is like a pastel and the other is a greyed version. I am no expert but took a few painting lessons.... The values of lights and darks of a sort of greenish yellow brown brass color causes the dark reds and pinks of the rose to be almost complimentary, but they are so greyed or darkened that it really works and is beautiful. It is hard to express this well when I don't really know what I am talking about.

It picks up the cream color in the wilting rose and carries it through the photo. One is like a pastel and the other is a greyed version. I am no expert but took a few painting lessons.... The values of lights and darks of a sort of greenish yellow brown brass color causes the dark reds and pinks of the rose to be almost complimentary, but they are so greyed or darkened that it really works and is beautiful. It is hard to express this well when I don't really know what I am talking about.

We use a different vocabulary in photography, but yes, you do know what you're talking about, perhaps intuitively.

I used the kit lens 18-55mm Pentax lens. Shot on a tripod at maybe 1/8 second. Made five separate jpegs at different exposure levels from one raw image file. Recombined as an HDR.

Second one was pretty much out of the camera.

Back