Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salut

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ari Elttaes

Hey, I'm Ari Elttaes. I stumbled across this place while looking for a new forum to frequent. I'm a Christian and a theatre freak, and I prefer to spell things the British way. I like to write stories, I love rain, and I adore music. Looking forward to getting to know you people. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm Ari Elttaes. I stumbled across this place while looking for a new forum to frequent. I'm a Christian and a theatre freak, and I prefer to spell things the British way. I like to write stories, I love rain, and I adore music. Looking forward to getting to know you people. :)

unique name , good day to you Ari welcome to CF.net :wave

All kinds of music. You could name basically any category of music, and I could name a song I like from that category. Even rap, though I still hold that rap itself isn't actually music, it's just a presentation of lyrics.

As for writing, I've written fiction stories (usually realistic, sometimes fantasy) ranging from one page to one hundred pages long. I'm not super consistent in my writing (I usually do most of it in November :6), but I'd like to be.

All kinds of music. You could name basically any category of music, and I could name a song I like from that category. Even rap, though I still hold that rap itself isn't actually music, it's just a presentation of lyrics.

As for writing, I've written fiction stories (usually realistic, sometimes fantasy) ranging from one page to one hundred pages long. I'm not super consistent in my writing (I usually do most of it in November :6), but I'd like to be.

I'm pretty much the same about music, except I'm not the biggest fan of jazz or country. What are some of your favorite bands?

I love:
The Fray
Coldplay
Phil Wickham
Iron & Wine
Pearl Jam

Yah I could go on and on ;)

Have you ever published anything? I would love to write a book but I don't have the patience. I do the first couple chapters and that's all. I think it takes incredible skill to be a writer.

I haven't listened to a ton of stuff by any of those, but I've really liked the Coldplay and The Fray songs I've heard. I also like Nickelback, Skillet, Coeur de Pirate, The Wanted, Katy Perry, Lady Antebellum, Flyleaf...

No. I never said I was a good writer. :tongue Mm, I would suggest you try NaNoWriMo. Are you familiar with it?

I haven't listened to a ton of stuff by any of those, but I've really liked the Coldplay and The Fray songs I've heard. I also like Nickelback, Skillet, Coeur de Pirate, The Wanted, Katy Perry, Lady Antebellum, Flyleaf...

No. I never said I was a good writer. :tongue Mm, I would suggest you try NaNoWriMo. Are you familiar with it?

You don't have to be published to be a good writer! :) But humility is good . I just googled NaNoWriMo. Pretty cool. Thanks for that.

I like some Nickelback, definitely love Skillet, never heard Coeur de Pirate, Flyleaf is good..

How about:
John Mark McMillan
Jon Foreman
The Almost
The Civil Wars (SO GOOD!)
Matt Costa
Bon Iver
Cold War Kids
Jack Johnson
Matt Kearney

Told ya I could go on ;)

True enough. :) It can be rather difficult, but it's really helpful. It's the only reason I've finished stories longer than like, three pages.

I've been meaning to check out The Civil Wars for awhile, but I keep forgetting. Jon Foreman is pretty great. ^.^ So is Anberlin, Secret Garden, Enya, Paramore, 12 Stones, some Evanescence, Kelly Clarkson...

True enough. :) It can be rather difficult, but it's really helpful. It's the only reason I've finished stories longer than like, three pages.

I've been meaning to check out The Civil Wars for awhile, but I keep forgetting. Jon Foreman is pretty great. ^.^ So is Anberlin, Secret Garden, Enya, Paramore, 12 Stones, some Evanescence, Kelly Clarkson...

Love Anberlin, Enya, Paramore, & Evanescence! :biggrin
Recently listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Interpol, & Simon and Garfunkel! :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back