Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation for the ignorant. Duration of Hell. Other questions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kmaxb

Hello everyone :) newbie here.

Couple of questions. Curious about Christian theology.

1. A person who lives a good honest life but dies without ever learning about Jesus Christ. Do they go to Hell? And is their experience in Hell the same as a person who lives a life of sin and open rebellion to God?

2. If Gods omniscience’s allows him to know who will end up in Hell, why allow them to be born in the first place?

3. If a persons life of sin is finite, how is it fair for hell to be infinite? At some point have they not paid for their own sins and deserve at least something similar to the catholic view of limbo?

Appreciate your thoughts! And happy Father’s Day :)

I realize that Kmaxb is involved in this discussion and that is good, but, please stay focused on answering his questions and not addressing each other. Thanks. WIP

The reason I ask is because if God created our souls then is he not responsible for the ultimate state of our souls? If I am going to Hell, then God knew that before he created me right? That doesn’t mean he’s responsible for my actions, but it does beg the question of why he created me in the first place. What’s the point of allowing my existence if my ultimate ending would be an eternity of suffering? What does God get out of this? And how does that not make him a cruel being?

Is God responsible for the "ultimate state" of my soul? Hmmm...I don't think so. Having given me free agency, God has made me responsible for my choices. He holds out salvation and fellowship with Himself to all but, as love requires, He won't compel anyone to accept these things from Him. If we reject His offer, there are consequences, though.

Yes, God knows the final destiny of all those whom He creates. Does His knowledge of a person's refusal of salvation and fellowship with Himself oblige Him not to create them? Well, if God did this, if He used His omniscience to create only those who would freely choose Him, would this not be to construct the world such that choosing Him would be inevitable? In other words, in a world where all choose God and any who would not are prevented even from existing, is there genuine freedom? It doesn't seem so to me. But if there is no genuine freedom, there is no genuine love, which is a big problem since love is what God wants as the bedrock of our communion with Him. (Matthew 22:36-38)

This question is, I think, answered by God in Eden. Why did He place the Forbidden Fruit where Adam and Eve could get at it? He knew its presence in the Garden would ultimately produce the Fall of Man, so why create it at all? Well, because the existence of an actual choice is necessary to genuine free agency. If in Eden there had been no real choice between God's will and the will of Adam and Eve, between obeying God and not, would Adam and Eve have had any real free agency? And if not, could they claim to truly love God? If there was no other option in Eden but to do as God wanted, no avenue to disobedience, their obedience to God wouldn't be a freely-made choice, would it? By virtue of the circumstance, Adam and Eve would have been operating under a sort of passive coercion - like prisoners (though, in a very nice prison). Without the Forbidden Fruit present in Eden, Adam and Eve would have had no other option but to act as God directed them to and so could not be said to be really freely choosing obedience to Him; and without the opportunity to genuinely, freely choose between God's way and their own, they could not truly love Him.

This is the case, too, of course, for the world at large. For love to exist and be genuinely expressed, there must be a real choice, freely made, to walk with God (or not). As the world that God made illustrates, this necessitates, not just the presence of a genuine choice between God's will and way and our own, but the experience of the consequences of choosing for, and against, Him. If we make a free choice but the results of that choice are instantly eradicated by God when they don't suit Him, does our choice have any meaning? Not as far as I can see. And so, love requires not only a capacity for free agency, and the existence of a real choice between God's way and our own, but the opportunity to pursue the results of our choices, to experience the fruit of our choices, for good or ill.

To boil all this down: God has made our world as it is because love requires such a world. And in such a world it is unavoidable that many will choose against God and bear the consequences of their choice. If another, better world, a world in which more people would have chosen God freely was possible, God, being good, would have made that world. We live in this world, though, which means that our world was the world, out of all possible worlds, in which the maximum number of people possible would freely choose God. Such a world entails a great many people who reject Him but this isn't a testament to the cruelty of God, only to the risks and limits of a world in which people can freely choose for and against their Maker.

1. A person who lives a good honest life but dies without ever learning about Jesus Christ. Do they go to Hell? And is their experience in Hell the same as a person who lives a life of sin and open rebellion to God?

2. If Gods omniscience’s allows him to know who will end up in Hell, why allow them to be born in the first place?

3. If a persons life of sin is finite, how is it fair for hell to be infinite? At some point have they not paid for their own sins and deserve at least something similar to the catholic view of limbo?

Good seed and bad seed, planting of the Lord or not planted by the Lord, He knows His own sheep, they are not as cain who was of the wicked one.

If a person sets out to do something, they get it done usually, according to how they want to do it.

Gods will is done, not mans, God gives the Spirit by the words of Spirit, to the heart that can receive it, if the heart cant receive it, ( hardened in the pride of the devil) they received nothing, and there is nothing they can do about it, nor the devil too, whose place always was hell together.

Hello friend. Luke chapter 13, Repent or perish. James chapter 1, Be doers of the word, not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. Christian people are to repent sins to God and be forgiven. And have spiritual growth. Many people are spiritually polluted, they engage with some churches that teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Theirs no spirtual growth. God examines every one spirtual condition. Did they repent?? Was thier spirtual growth??. Hosea chapter 6 warns us, don't go to Beth Aven, it means house of emptiness. Corinthians chapter 3, the apostate broke away from the foundation of christ and formed denominations. The apostates are hirelings. They teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Get the picture. We understand why some people go to sheol, called hell. Its false religion. Read Luke chapter 16, Richman and Lazarus. Theirs two sides of the Gulf. The righteous in paradise and spirtualty dead in hell. Theirs gulf that separates both sides. Corinthians chapter 2, you need holy spirit to guide you to narrow gate into paradise. Those who are carnal minded can't understand spirtual things. The mystery of God is hidden from them. It comes down to, does person have holy spirit??. Read Corinthians chapter 2.

No one needs to teach another, is the answer to all questions. ( have faith)

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back