Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Same event? Or different?

Revelation speaks of the great tribulation in Revelation 7:14 and Armageddon, in Revelation 16:16.

• I believe that these verses refer to the same event.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe that these verses refer to different events.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Feel free to explain why or why not, and please use Scripture to support your belief.

Different event. One is in heaven; one on earth. Also, some translations will say "he" in 16:16, some will say "they".

NKJV - -13- And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
-14- For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
-15- "Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame."
-16- And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

YLT - 16 and they did bring them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.

Plus, cross reference this to Rev 9:11:

YLT - 11 and they have over them a king -- the messenger of the abyss -- a name [is] to him in Hebrew, Abaddon, and in the Greek he hath a name, Apollyon.

The kicker here is still the fact that John is in heaven in Rev 7:14.

different, Like vic said. One is in Heaven and one on earth.

Back