Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Scared to post such a thread....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rzr

Prejudice against the Light Bearer...
I 've been raised to fear Lucifer and taught that God is Almighty....but what rings true is that Satin has complete reign over the world in which I live; you dont have to look far to see and observe. But what I see is unjust. People dont give Lucifer enough credit..He is a Devine Entity that rivals the Creator ( The One that calls Himself- I AM).....But I must first put faith in that good will always outweigh evil.....

So am I prejudice??????????????????????????????????????? Being taught that God is almighty and Satin is inferior (It is written that Satin took a third of the angels)......1/3 is alot! This is the same 1/3 angels that knew God and Lucifer...So what gives???

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that some people don't give Satan enough "credit" for the temptation his legions present, and this can be their downfall. We're told to be as wise as serpents and to be on the look out for the lion who prowls the earth searching for souls to devour.

But Satan is only rivals the One True God in his own mind and in the minds of those who have fallen victim to his lies :screwloose. He has no power except that which God permits, as with Job, IMO. Some people say Isaiah 14 is not referring to Satan, but I believe it is.

Isaiah 14
" <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-17941">12</sup> How you have fallen from heaven,
morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-17942">13</sup> You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-17943">14</sup> I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.â€
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-17944">15</sup> But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,
to the depths of the pit."

I don't believe the fact that him "recruiting" 1/3 of the angels to join him in attempting to usurp God's Throne is much more telling than him convincing humans to follow him. I don't believe this is evidence that he has powers equal to God. For example, I don't believe he has omnipresence. I don't believe he has the time to personally pay attention to me, or even knows that I exist. But I do believe certain demons do, and are on the case. IMO, we should be acutely aware of Satan's influence, but we should focus on the One True God, knowing that He has ultimate Authority, and we can trust Him to deliver us from the clutches of evil.

Prejudice against the Light Bearer...
I 've been raised to fear Lucifer and taught that God is Almighty....but what rings true is that Satin has complete reign over the world in which I live; you dont have to look far to see and observe. But what I see is unjust. People dont give Lucifer enough credit..He is a Devine Entity that rivals the Creator ( The One that calls Himself- I AM).....But I must first put faith in that good will always outweigh evil.....

So am I prejudice??????????????????????????????????????? Being taught that God is almighty and Satin is inferior (It is written that Satin took a third of the angels)......1/3 is alot! This is the same 1/3 angels that knew God and Lucifer...So what gives???

I noticed you have "non-Christian" with your avatar so I will answer the way it may be more appealing to your understanding. In addition, I have to at least give you credit that you seem to understand that Satan has more power than most institutional Christians seem to understand.

In short, I believe Satan is a powerful being--- commonly taught as a fallen angel, but what angels actually are (in composition) was always a topic of debate. They are often portrayed in the bible as beings similar to our own selves in the way that they manifest. In Genesis 6 we have the "sons of God" coming down and mating with human women as a cross-breeding of sorts resulting in some really weird offspring. I can't help but to relate that that to incubus and succubus legends, ancient deities that "came from the sky" and even stories of "alien abductions" today. This probably even carries over into the paranormal.

Even if one denies the existence of God or a god, one cannot deny that humans as a being exist, and maybe other beings elsewhere exist that were deemed gods when visiting us. So yes, if Satan is one of these powerful beings, I would say that this is a legitimate cause for concern.

Rzr, I'm going to be very honest to the point of bluntness here. You don't need to be scared to post this thread but you do need to be open to correction about this.

Satan is not divine nor equal to God. This is taught in the Scriptures.

God was before all things and all things (Satan included) came into being by Him.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1:1-5

"For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16

Satan is a prince:

"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." John 12:31 (KJV)

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience..." Ephesians 2:2

But he is not the King of Kings, Lord of Lords or God of gods:

"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe." Deutoronomy 10:17

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the God of gods,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting." Psalm 136:1-3

"...our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen." 1 Timothy 6:14-16

"And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." Revelation 19:16

It is God, already determined, no getting around the judgment, Who will cast Satan and his demons into the fiery pit. He is no rival to the Creator, but nonetheless God uses him as He uses all His creation to accomplish His purposes.

I see that you have both "Non-Christian" and then Christian: Yes on your avatar. I wrote my post having noticed the "Christian:Yes"

If you're a non-Christian, perhaps the Bible doesn't seem authoritative, but then I would have to ask you what your source material for anything you know about Satan is, because I don't believe that any other religion (except those whose authority is based in the Scriptures) speaks of Satan.

There is an interesting reflection the the Law. The First Born receives a double portion ideally 2/3s .

Sorry, I've been gone for a while and my profile needs to be fixed. I have a lot to say about this topic but I dont have enough time right now to do so but will later. Someone mentioned the book of Job but in a way that asserted that God permitted or allowed satin to do. From my memory, my king james reads that its more like a mutual bet between God and satin. And God "asks" satin not to take jobs life. Why would God have to ask? I think this has been misinterpeted by a lot of christians saying that God "wouldn't let satin take jobs life" Sorry, I may be completely wrong but its been a while since I read job..I will reread it and be back later..

Caint figure out how to fix my profile---it stays grayed out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Job 1:12

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath [is] in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Sounds like God permitted Satan to test Job.....because Satan has no power over God.

Praise God that God alone has power and authority over all!!

Job 1:12

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath [is] in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Sounds like God permitted Satan to test Job.....because Satan has no power over God.

Praise God that God alone has power and authority over all!!

Yep. Your right. Thats what I get for not reading my bible more frequently. God lifted the hedge to permitt satin to temp job---but then after the hedge is lifted. God then tells satin not to put forth thine hand...(for some reason, my memory had me thinking that God in a away asked not to put forth thine hand after he made Job free game to satin)----Thanks Nacho!

Now I'm really going to be late for work..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back