Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] several things

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

1) a new person shawn started today, tomorrow I will have him on one of my routes, 30th st vb country club.
2) I have been offended by a friend whom has indirectly mentored me. pray that Im able to be firm but also willing to reconcile. I don't want to fester in wrath and anger as I have been since the offense. theres a scar and old wound that is driving the reaction I had. I want to see it clearly as I feel that it wasn't done with malace

Prayers for Shawn as well as for the personal situation with your friend, jasonc . There are times when our friends do inadvertently touch old wounds that are still sensitive within us, without meaning to do so, as you referenced. I pray our Lord surrounds you with peace and comfort about this issue.

Prayers for Shawn as well as for the personal situation with your friend, jasonc . There are times when our friends do inadvertently touch old wounds that are still sensitive within us, without meaning to do so, as you referenced. I pray our Lord surrounds you with peace and comfort about this issue.
the thing is wording is the key. he had no malice today nor even mentioned it or tried to do anything of that nature. yet it hurts. I try not to feed it.

Turn the pain over to our Lord; He will remove from you that worrisome, festering pain. If your friend had meant the comment deliberately, there would remain even today a trace of that deliberateness in his tone, even without his foreknowledge. There's just something about those sorts of comments that carry a lingering air. Since nothing of the kind was in his words today, his comment(s) that caused pain were uttered in innocence. So give the burden to our Lord to carry for you, and let Him give you peace!

Turn the pain over to our Lord; He will remove from you that worrisome, festering pain. If your friend had meant the comment deliberately, there would remain even today a trace of that deliberateness in his tone, even without his foreknowledge. There's just something about those sorts of comments that carry a lingering air. Since nothing of the kind was in his words today, his comment(s) that caused pain were uttered in innocence. So give the burden to our Lord to carry for you, and let Him give you peace!
already has,he detected my mood and said are you sure something is wrong? I lied and said no. I wasn't ready to say what I needed to say.

I feel it is best when you initiate the conversation.
Better when you say what you feel without being asked.
The time is now.
I always feel better, even if it's not received as I would like.

the emotions driving this are too irriational. if I reacted in anger, it wouldn't work. time sometimes a cooling off is needed.

I think prayer is the best answer. Speaking as the former champ of low-grade therapy and self-help, psychology will only get you so far. Prayer=real change, real answers. I don't know you well enough to give you much more advice, but I will say that, personally, sometimes less analysis=better. Lately, I've been trying to get into pray, repent, move on mode, and it seems to be helping.

I think prayer is the best answer. Speaking as the former champ of low-grade therapy and self-help, psychology will only get you so far. Prayer=real change, real answers. I don't know you well enough to give you much more advice, but I will say that, personally, sometimes less analysis=better. Lately, I've been trying to get into pray, repent, move on mode, and it seems to be helping.
there are rages of emotions and thoughts that I don't post when I have the anger or offense. self directed and at that offender. so I must then see what was said and not what I thought first then act. I will merely let him not what he said. I may post the nature of the offense. im not sure.

I understand hurting from past events. And I'm sorry you have to go through it again.
not from this. what was said was true, but it was how and where it was said. the emotional issues are there and easily triggered, this is from the fact that I didn't deal with how to cope or learn to deal with certain hurts. what happened was in part satan, but since I have seen that it is so. I can pray to change. still I must say that I cant at present confide in him.

if it was that bad, I wouldn't be attending mma. I went the next day. I didn't want to overeact so I keep th anger I felt inside. he did sense something. I observed him closely. he is fairly consistent. and if he was well intentional and spiteful he would have done it. instead he tried to confort me. he hates when I have that rigid anger look.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back