Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] sharp thinking

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This is what I need. I also think it's what the world needs. I don't necessarily mean a high IQ (not that I'll complain about one, lol) or loads of education. I mean sharp, wise, thinking, insightful and in line with the Word of God and Jesus. Holding all thoughts captive to Christ Jesus, and analyzing things in terms of how well they complement or how terribly they contradict Truth. That's what I prayed for this AM. A mix of discernment, wisdom, insight, acquired information, experience, received wisdom from others, so on and so forth.

Check this out.

James 1
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Proverbs 2
1 My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,

4 If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;

5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.

6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;

Proverbs 1
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9
10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs 4
7 Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding.

Luke 11
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Ask, seek, knock.

Ask for knowledge. Seek wisdom. Knock/Pray for understanding.

Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The bible isn't just a book. In the hands of the righteous, there is power in the scriptures.

Gary said it all precisely. :thumbsup

I will add nothing further, other than to say, thank you to both of you for bringing this issue to us CFnetters! Praise God you are here!

I think it popped in my mind since I'm a) going back to school and b) going to study a field I have some reservations about. Also, when I look over my past, I see the ill-effects of mushy-minded post-modernism, feel good-ism, etc., so I'd like to avoid falling back into all that.

Baruch Haba B'shem Yahweh

Pray for a mouth and wisdom which none of your adversaries will gainsay, nor resist.

For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
~ Luke 21:15

Back