Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should We Fear Truth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E

elijah23

Sometimes our fellow Christians do not allow us to say what we really believe. Is truth something to be afraid of?

Is real truth in eye of the beholder? What makes truth truth? Is it truth because Sam says so? Is truth the Word of God ? Is truth only the portion of Scripture you or I, want it to be?

Sometimes our fellow Christians do not allow us to say what we really believe. Is truth something to be afraid of?
We should consider the consequences of sharing the truth and show discretion in when and where we share the truth. Christians are not under obligation to share the truth in any and all circumstances.

Is real truth in eye of the beholder? What makes truth truth? Is it truth because Sam says so? ..... Is truth only the portion of Scripture you or I, want it to be?

There is much interesting philosophical debate on the nature of truth. Personally I can only accept that there is just one set of facts and therefore there can only be one truth. People's perception of those facts may vary but the facts are unchanging and therefore the truth is unchanging.

The problem is to know what the facts are. That is where we struggle. We often don't even know the facts about what happened yesterday. We get swamped by myths such as, 'The only man-made object you can see from space is the Great Wall of China'....... False. Multiply that a few million times and we have the morass of different 'truths' that we struggle with today.

Things become rapidly worse when some people then misquote other people either deliberately or through carelessness. We quickly lose sight of what the original person said because other people have misquoted them. Then another person misquotes the original error and so on ad infinitum. Truth, through the spoken word, become very difficult to establish. Lawyers make a fortune out of that fact.

Elijah, you can keep posting these subtle references, but we are not going to change the rules here for you. Paul's teachings are Inspired, and we are not going to open the board to that kind of argument against scripture. :shame

The word is truth, it is our instruction. I also make no apologies about this next statement....."As a Christian it is our duty as followers of the Messiah Jesus Christ to share the truth. If we become politically correct or any other 'let's be careful not to offend' positions. Well quite frankly we become the biggest liars of all for we know better and don't tell what is true."

I will give a small example...... I have a friend who was unfaithful to his wife. He told me "Hey don't preach or judge.". My response was "I am not defending or condemning you as a person man, I am going to reaffirm to you that your actions are against Jesus. Thing is this we don't sin against ourselves or others. We sin against the Master."

So remember guys our job is not to judge or be harsh, shy, or stand off to the side. If the opportunity to share the truth is present then it is our duty to the Master to share this truth in a loving manner. Love the person not the sin.

But if we beat around the bush in these times of truth revealing then we don't follow expectations set by Jesus for us to follow.

Consider the following 2 scenarios: 1. I have sinned, I cheated on my spouse....
Christian responding, "You are a terrible person, you are a sinner alright. Boy, you have your pic next to the definition in the dictionary.
2. I have sineed, I cheated on my spouse.......
Christian responding, "hey, yeah that's bad. Try and do better next time okay?"
These are certainly not good responses are they? No, I don't think so.

I gather that the more appropriate response would be, "Yes you sinned, that is not good. But the good news is that Christ indeed loves you unconditionally, you repent before him humbly and ask him to reveal to you on the appropriate steps to reconcile this and things will improve."

I say this because I counsel a lot of jail house inmates, police, most of my work gets done in military veteran settings for PTSD and other trauma. I do my best, but miserably fail to follow the Christ in his example for he is love made flesh. But I try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the catch of this horrible error.

You're welcome. Whilst I have my reading glasses on, you have put 'et' in the wrong place. It should be:
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti Amen

Dominus vobiscum

Heavens man,
I gotta check my typing better! All this midnight oil stuff lol! And the Lord be with you also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back