Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Since This Group Seems to Like Math Problems...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You got me! Not really a "math" question though lol!
At the very extreme it is a math problem...let me explain why. How does one arrive at their age? Simple: you take the current year, and subtract the year you were born (correcting for exact month, of course). As simple as it is, subtraction is a mathematical operation. So what if you say you just memorized your age? But your age changes, every year I believe. So you must add 1 to your previous age. Addition...another math exercise. It doesn't get much simpler than adding 1 to another number, but technically it is still math.

I should also mention that the original version of this word problem- which I read in a book, with instructions not to turn back to the previous page- asked what color the bus driver's eyes were. I switched it to asking the driver's age, so it could be technically categorized as a math problem. Also, I could trick people into telling me how old they were.

So there.:biggrin2

OK that's fair enough Kevin, and i ask kindly that you accept my honest mistake, and my appologies for the mess up.

At least I'm honest, I could have said nothing and got rewarded.
Hey Kiwidan,
Don't worry.
If I win, I'll share the million with ya.
Just for being so honest...

Wondering

Oh my gosh.

I JUST GOT IT!!

Not as quick as Deborah13 or Steve Bolts or Pizza.

I AM the bus driver!
ah dur....

As to my age, Yeah, I'm 39.

LOL.

Wondering

I should also mention that the original version of this word problem- which I read in a book, with instructions not to turn back to the previous page- asked what color the bus driver's eyes were. I switched it to asking the driver's age.....
So you admit it is not a math problem and I am right. :clap

So you admit it is not a math problem and I am right. :clap
No, I said the original version was not a math problem and so I turned it into one. You just clipped the remainder of my post to make me look wrong. Then you put words in my mouth. Is this how you want to win? Is it really winning at all?

Pizza, including the other thread you're batting .500, not the worst score considering. Let's be happy with things as they are, shall we?

And for your enjoyment, here's a guy who would have loved a tie...

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back