Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Some Aussie critters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You're Australian as well then? Nice pics! :)

I just recently was able to touch an echidna's spikes. Very sharp indeed :yes

And of course here we have the aweome kookaburras - out backyard is full of them!
kookaburra2_enviro.JPG

I have some photos I recently took of some Tasmanian Devils, but they're on a different computer. I'll post them soon.

You're Australian as well then? Nice pics! :)

I just recently was able to touch an echidna's spikes. Very sharp indeed :yes

And of course here we have the aweome kookaburras - out backyard is full of them!
kookaburra2_enviro.JPG

I have some photos I recently took of some Tasmanian Devils, but they're on a different computer. I'll post them soon.

Great photo, Nick!

So is it a bit like a woodpecker?

Blessings.

No, not like a woodpecker. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Not my photo, unfortunately.

Nick:

There must be many creatures unique to Australia.

On the news recently was a huge red slug in Australia that someone found up a volcanic mountain.

Blessings.
Yes, there's a lot of unique animals in Australia.

Volcanic? There are no volcanoes in Australia! We're in the middle of a tectonic plate.

No, not like a woodpecker. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Not my photo, unfortunately.

Nick:

On the news recently was a huge red slug in Australia that someone found up a volcanic mountain.

Blessings.

Volcanic? There are no volcanoes in Australia! We're in the middle of a tectonic plate.

I may have misread the report, anyway. Maybe they said ex-volcanic...

Blessings.

Nick:

Blessings.

Blessings.

Perhaps. We do have mountains. They're not volcanic though.

Nick:

Blessings.

Blessings.

Kosciusko seems like it would be good to see (I don't have the energy to climb these days...)

And the mountains around Canberra that get snow in winter...

Blessings.

PS: Plus Ururu/Ayers Rock at sunset... :)

Blessings.

Kosciusko seems like it would be good to see (I don't have the energy to climb these days...)

And the mountains around Canberra that get snow in winter...

Blessings.

PS: Plus Ururu/Ayers Rock at sunset... :)

Yes, I've done some skiing at Mt Kosciusko. Nice in winter with the snow, but also beautiful in summer when the snow has melted.

Uluru is a beautiful place, one of those that I plan on visiting some time. Problem is that it's literally in the middle of the desert, with about a 1,000 kilometres in every direction, save for small places like Alice Springs.

Yes, I've done some skiing at Mt Kosciusko. Nice in winter with the snow, but also beautiful in summer when the snow has melted.

Uluru is a beautiful place, one of those that I plan on visiting some time. Problem is that it's literally in the middle of the desert, with about a 1,000 kilometres in every direction, save for small places like Alice Springs.

Does't Heard Island have the highest mountain? taller than Kosciusko.

Canberra sounds like a sedate, clean city I'd like to visit, too. Lake Burley Griffin and so forth.

You guys are blessed with an impressive country, anyway.

Blessings.

Hi Nick. Im in central Victoria. We have one extinct volcano near where I live Mount Franklin. Used to be able to go and get the spring water from there, until Coca Cola bought the rights to it :lol Yeah Questdriven, didn't think to click on them to see what happens, told you all I was pretty computer illiterate.

Hi Nick. Im in central Victoria. We have one extinct volcano near where I live Mount Franklin. Used to be able to go and get the spring water from there, until Coca Cola bought the rights to it :lol Yeah Questdriven, didn't think to click on them to see what happens, told you all I was pretty computer illiterate.

Free Christian: I think Australia's MacDonald Island also has a quite recently active volcano, if I'm not mistaken, as well as Big Ben volcano on Heard Island.

Yeah, there are quite a few extinct volcano's here where I live and a lot of basalt plains too. Some local farmers near me have been moving loads of it with dozers and the likes to be able to use the land for cropping canola. Big job, must have cost them a fortune to do it. I wonder if Mac Donalds bought that island like coca cola did Mount Franklin ? :lol Just kidding.

Kookaburras are kingfishers, closely related to those in other parts of the world. A lot bigger than most kingfishers, though.

Yeah, I saw one do it once, it was only a small one about a foot long, but was cool to see. Where I lived once in QLD, Yeppoon, there were about 6 resident Kooks in the area on the hill I lived on. I was cleaning the car one day and one was sitting on a power line over the road, down the hill about 150 meters away. Next thing it came flying towards me at full speed, swooped under the carport and grabbed a big huntsman spider off the ceiling of it then flew off. Now that's what I call amazing eyesight.

Back