Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "Sparrows and Hairs".

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JAG ..

I coined the phrase "sparrows and hairs" and I love it and use it as sort of a positive
up-lifting slogan around the house and when talking to fellow Christians. It means that
the Sovereign God looks after His children and watches over us.

"Sparrows and Hairs" is, of course, based upon Matthew 10:29-31

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside
your Father’s care.And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid;
you are worth more than many sparrows."

I pass my wife in the hallway and I will sometimes say, "sparrows and hairs" --- she will smile
and say "yes, sparrows and hairs."

Its comforting to know that the very hairs of our head are numbered and that not a sparrow
falls to the ground outside the care of the Sovereign God --- which I interpret as two metaphors
that teach us to totally put our faith and trust in the watch-care of the Sovereign God and to,
as the Lord Jesus said in Mark 11:22, "Have faith in God."

So "sparrows and hairs."

I hope every day is for you and all those you love, a "sparrows and hairs" day.

God Bless.

Back