Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Stitches of Love

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

heather

Recently, I answered a question about God's love for us. I had to figure out a way to put something incomprehensible into something a plain old Joe Shmoe would be able to understand. I was reminded of a hobby of mine. Sewing. I love to sew. I love to take raw fabric and put it together into something useful. I love to see the finished product. I love to try on my new piece of clothing. I love to just look at it. This reminded me of the love that our Lord has for us.

God is all-powerful and all-knowing. He created you. He knit you together in your mother's womb. He knew you before you were even made. He thought of you before your parents' parents' ever even thought of them. But how can He have an individual relationship with every single person? Well, here's how I think of it...

I know every mis-stitch on every piece of clothing I make. I know where I marked certain items, and where I had difficulty sewing 2 pieces of fabric together. After making many things, you would think that some of them may be forgotten, but I assure you, all I have to do is look at an item, and I remember. This is sort of like God's relationship with each of us. He made you, so He knows all your specifications. He knows the number of hairs on you head, every breath you take, every fiber of your being. After all, He did put you together, piece by piece. His love for us is so deep, that He even cares to know what's going on with you. He spent time and dedication to make you. If you pour your heart and soul into creating something, you're not going to just toss it out, are you? You won't soon forget all the hard work that went into it? Every time I wear something that I've made, I feel a sense of pride. I love the item that I'm wearing. I recently finished a jacket. I put a ruffle around it that I simply don't like. I spent 5 hours on that ruffle, and I don't like it. I love the jacket itself, so what I'm going to do is fix it. I will take that ruffle off, and put a hem in it, so that I will love to wear it. This too is kind of like God's love. When you have a relationship with Him, and something is wrong, He'll take the time to work it out with you. He loved you enough to make you, and that love doesn't end because of a problem or two. He'll put a little more time into you to make you even better than you were before. Like my jacket!

Hi Heatherentz ~

I was so blessed by your Stitches of Love , such encouraging words! My daughter is like you, she just loves to sew. She is still learning alot, but the mistakes never make her crazy :crazy (like they do me when I try to sew). She just goes back at it, happy to remake what she has worked on so diligently already! I love to watch her at work because she smiles the whole time! I don't think she even realizes it! :biggrin

Her gift blessed all the teens and children in our family at Christmas, because they each got their own special blanket. Something to wrap them up in the cosy love of their family all year round. :heart What a blessing from God, your sewing~ her sewing~ is!

May I send her a copy of your encouraging words? I know she would be very blessed by them.

bonnie

Thank you Bonnie for those beautiful words. You may always share my words with someone who needs to hear or will simply appreciate them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back