Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Such disrespect?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why do people always show such disrespect during things such as the Pledge of Allegiance and the Moment of Silence during school and other events? Someone will ALWAYS talk during the Moment of Silence to me it seems like a "(swear word) you" to all those who have died for America. I personally don't say the Pledge of Allegiance but you shouldn't disrespect it with talk.

I guess I don't very often hear the pledge recited anymore. The national anthem has however become an integral part of virtually every high school varsity, college, and professional sporting event and it does surprise me and quite frankly it annoys me a little how so many people that call themselves citizens fail to show proper respect for our national symbol while the anthem is being played or sung. I guess people will be people though. The rules of etiquette regarding our flag and colors are so poorly followed these days I don't know if a very large percentage of the population even understands what they are.

Because we HAVE NO RESPECT, of course.

"Why do people always show such disrespect during things such as the Pledge of Allegiance and the Moment of Silence during school and other events?"

It's the way we WANT TO BE as Americans, and what we're TAUGHT 24/7/365 by our media and the disrespectful "Stars" and "Luminaries" that we "dote on" and listen to every evening. The "Tabloid shows" tell us that America is NO GOOD and it's systems DON'T WORK, and so do the "Dramas", and the (shudder) "Sitcoms". And we DESPERATELY want to eliminate any consciousness of "God" from our public consideration.

SO what do we expect??

I expect NOTHING out of the average normal crowd of "solid citizens" in 2011.

OF course we'll all "come together" for 9/11, sing "Cum-bai-ya", shed a crocodial tear or two, and then get back to our destruction as usual.

One time during a Memorial Day service at our local cemetery where my son's friend's brother was buried, the officer chewed out a guy in the crowd for not removing his baseball cap during Taps (the officer was clearly moved by the service). I commented to my brother-in-law next to me after the service was over that the guy who did not remove his hat probably meant no disrespect, but rather did not know any better. Seems like generation x and younger don't have the patriotic etiquette that us older folks were taught. But in all fairness, it's my hippy generation that taught this leftist, liberal stuff i.e. basically hate everything American and Apple Pie and side with enemy ideas.

At least the guy that was chewed out was there at the ceremony, so it's a start to proper etiquette reformation after that reprimand.

I show respect to our flag, the pledge, the anthem. I will openly nudge the person next to me, stranger or friend to remove his cap our just be quiet.

I dont have a problem using 'flag napkins /plates etc. I do wonder if the use of such stuff partially has created this lack of respect.

Many of the young men/boys here still tip their hats to the old men.

I show respect to our flag, the pledge, the anthem. I will openly nudge the person next to me, stranger or friend to remove his cap our just be quiet.

I dont have a problem using 'flag napkins /plates etc. I do wonder if the use of such stuff partially has created this lack of respect.

Many of the young men/boys here still tip their hats to the old men.

flag napkins are a form of disrespect. its in the code of flag ettiquette on that.

Re: Because we HAVE NO RESPECT, of course.

SO what do we expect??

I expect NOTHING out of the average normal crowd of "solid citizens" in 2011.

OF course we'll all "come together" for 9/11, sing "Cum-bai-ya", shed a crocodial tear or two, and then get back to our destruction as usual.
Quoted because it had to be said again.

flag napkins are a form of disrespect. its in the code of flag ettiquette on that.

I know, i was referring to with in myself. I guess i have respect for the flag as in the thing that goes up the flag poll and not the same for a photo of the flag etc. I have made plenty of flag cakes... strawberries blue berries and whipped cream laid out like a flag.... What would your view on a cake like that be?

I dont mind flag patches on jackets but not on the tush. I do forget to bring in our flag quite often at night :shame

As eluted to in the other post just maybe all the stuff made to look like or sorta look like our flag is partly why there is so much disrespect i will think on this a while...

Also a rapper named "Souja Boy" as I have seen wrote a song recently that had "(Word here) the troops". But only apologizes after everyone is yelling at him for it. I can't believe I'm going to one day fight for people like this they don't deserve liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness.

this is touchy subject for me today. i would have posted more then i thought of the sad times i have failed to pay respect.

my unit did do the moments of silence.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back