Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sudden Trust Issues and Probably My Own Insecurities

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need prayer because for the last few months I've been having trust issues in the relationship. I know my wife loves me and we spend most of our time together outside of work. However, an incident happened that should be a small thing and I've let it grow into something that it shouldn't be and it's blossoming mistrust in me. I've been praying and in the last few months have been getting closer and closer to God. He has taken so many of bad ways away from me but this one of mistrust continues to linger and it hurts.

I'll say the incident: ( I know this is long and I hope someone here has the time to read most of it and give me advice )

Earlier this year my wife got a new job where she become close with many of her male co-workers. I've never had a problem with her telling me all the fun things they did on the job or talking to them and I still trusted her 100% in our relationship at this point. I have a second phone that I use for my side business and I let her use it often to use social media. I never thought anything about it and I've never opened any of her applications she installed on my work phone. But one day I saw one of her co workers and eventually he was an ex-co worker because she only was there 3 months, say to her how much he missed seeing her. This same type of message popped up quite a bit and I swiped it away ignoring it. But one day I message popped up that I couldn't swipe away it said, "Don't tell your husband but lets go to lunch together soon" she replied "at 12". Now, I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't for the "DONT TELL YOUR HUSBAND" part and she then told him what time she goes for lunch.

I asked her about it and told her that I saw that message and I was curious what it was about and why he said it that way. She assured me it was nothing and that she didn't remember telling him a lunch time. she said He was a bit flirtatious at work and she always told him she was married and nothing was ever going to happen because she loved me. But she said he was a good friend while she was there and she would have told me if she was planning to go to lunch with him if it did ever happen. She then became was rather upset with me and she said that I don't trust her anymore then went to her room. I told her I only brought it up because I was uncomfortable with what he said about "Not telling your husband" She then told me later she blocked him. I told her okay and that I apologize but it just made me uncomfortable with that wording.

I tried at that point to remove any apps that would be on my work phone that she was logged into so I wouldn't have to see notifications that are meant for her. I found out later that I didn't remove all the apps but she confirmed that she did block him from Facebook. Well I missed removing one app that I didn't see and I saw him reach out to her again on the notifications from the lock screen and she talked to him but it was short responses. I told myself I'm going to trust her so I deleted that app and I didn't bring the topic back up. But it kept bothering me. So I asked her if she blocked him like she had said. She said "oh yeah I blocked him and I chose you over him" Again, the word choice made me super uneasy. I messed up at this point by not confronting her about that I saw him reach back out before I deleted that last app. I kept it in and to myself for awhile but I let it grow mistrust in me.

I eventually let it build up and I prayed about it. I felt God pushing me to tell her because the mistrust building up in me was not healthy for our relationship. So a week ago I told her that I thought she lied to be about talking to him after she told me she blocked him. She said that I only asked if I blocked him from Facebook and she did block him from there. She then said if he did reach out to me I don't remember him doing saying a lot and I probably didn't respond much. She then said that if I had seen some of the messages before deleting the app then I would realize that she gave him short responses and wasn't engaging in much conversation. This did align with what I saw from the notification before deleting the last app. But the she assured me he was getting annoying with his messages to the point she made sure to block him on that app as well. However, this week I found this was a lie because their accounts are still following each other. So, my mistrust has spiked again because why would she say she blocked him and give me that story about how annoying he was but she hasn't really blocked him. It's not even about this guy. Honestly, I don't think she'd ever cheat on me but I don't understand the deception.

Things to know:
We spend most of our time together outside of work.
We are very close to family together.
We just moved into a new house together
We've discussed future kids together.
She still tells me she loves me and sometimes even gives me surprise gifts
She tells me her ideas about future plans holidays and birthdays.

From this perspective alone I should know that my mind is playing tricks on me and I should just move on from all of this.

Truthfully, I know this is on me. I need to pray about my insecurities and trust issues. I just need some advice and I don't know what to do. I'm wondering if this all stems from losing both my sister 34 , brother 38, and mom 58 all within 3 years of being with my wife.

Thank you

I need prayer because for the last few months I've been having trust issues in the relationship. I know my wife loves me and we spend most of our time together outside of work. However, an incident happened that should be a small thing and I've let it grow into something that it shouldn't be and it's blossoming mistrust in me. I've been praying and in the last few months have been getting closer and closer to God. He has taken so many of bad ways away from me but this one of mistrust continues to linger and it hurts.

I'll say the incident: ( I know this is long and I hope someone here has the time to read most of it and give me advice )

Earlier this year my wife got a new job where she become close with many of her male co-workers. I've never had a problem with her telling me all the fun things they did on the job or talking to them and I still trusted her 100% in our relationship at this point. I have a second phone that I use for my side business and I let her use it often to use social media. I never thought anything about it and I've never opened any of her applications she installed on my work phone. But one day I saw one of her co workers and eventually he was an ex-co worker because she only was there 3 months, say to her how much he missed seeing her. This same type of message popped up quite a bit and I swiped it away ignoring it. But one day I message popped up that I couldn't swipe away it said, "Don't tell your husband but lets go to lunch together soon" she replied "at 12". Now, I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't for the "DONT TELL YOUR HUSBAND" part and she then told him what time she goes for lunch.

I asked her about it and told her that I saw that message and I was curious what it was about and why he said it that way. She assured me it was nothing and that she didn't remember telling him a lunch time. she said He was a bit flirtatious at work and she always told him she was married and nothing was ever going to happen because she loved me. But she said he was a good friend while she was there and she would have told me if she was planning to go to lunch with him if it did ever happen. She then became was rather upset with me and she said that I don't trust her anymore then went to her room. I told her I only brought it up because I was uncomfortable with what he said about "Not telling your husband" She then told me later she blocked him. I told her okay and that I apologize but it just made me uncomfortable with that wording.

I tried at that point to remove any apps that would be on my work phone that she was logged into so I wouldn't have to see notifications that are meant for her. I found out later that I didn't remove all the apps but she confirmed that she did block him from Facebook. Well I missed removing one app that I didn't see and I saw him reach out to her again on the notifications from the lock screen and she talked to him but it was short responses. I told myself I'm going to trust her so I deleted that app and I didn't bring the topic back up. But it kept bothering me. So I asked her if she blocked him like she had said. She said "oh yeah I blocked him and I chose you over him" Again, the word choice made me super uneasy. I messed up at this point by not confronting her about that I saw him reach back out before I deleted that last app. I kept it in and to myself for awhile but I let it grow mistrust in me.

I eventually let it build up and I prayed about it. I felt God pushing me to tell her because the mistrust building up in me was not healthy for our relationship. So a week ago I told her that I thought she lied to be about talking to him after she told me she blocked him. She said that I only asked if I blocked him from Facebook and she did block him from there. She then said if he did reach out to me I don't remember him doing saying a lot and I probably didn't respond much. She then said that if I had seen some of the messages before deleting the app then I would realize that she gave him short responses and wasn't engaging in much conversation. This did align with what I saw from the notification before deleting the last app. But the she assured me he was getting annoying with his messages to the point she made sure to block him on that app as well. However, this week I found this was a lie because their accounts are still following each other. So, my mistrust has spiked again because why would she say she blocked him and give me that story about how annoying he was but she hasn't really blocked him. It's not even about this guy. Honestly, I don't think she'd ever cheat on me but I don't understand the deception.

Things to know:
We spend most of our time together outside of work.
We are very close to family together.
We just moved into a new house together
We've discussed future kids together.
She still tells me she loves me and sometimes even gives me surprise gifts
She tells me her ideas about future plans holidays and birthdays.

From this perspective alone I should know that my mind is playing tricks on me and I should just move on from all of this.

Truthfully, I know this is on me. I need to pray about my insecurities and trust issues. I just need some advice and I don't know what to do. I'm wondering if this all stems from losing both my sister 34 , brother 38, and mom 58 all within 3 years of being with my wife.

Thank you

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

I would simply advise this. You ultimately can't do anything about your wife's decisions, and while it's a tough spot, you really only have one direction you can go in at this point:

1. Draw closer to God, not only to ask Him to take care of your heart but also to strengthen you. If something happens some day where she walks away, you need to know that she is not the center of your life anyway, and that God is, so you will make it regardless.

2. You need to relax, and work on just being the best man and the best husband you can be. Again, this puts you in a place that if things should not work out, you have no regrets because you did your best.

What Satan wants you to do is see yourself as inferior. What God will want to do is turn you into the best version of yourself you can be, and ultimately to manifest Himself through you. If you can get to that place, you can rest assured that no man is greater than Christ Himself living in you and manifesting through you, so just concentrate on abiding in Him and manifesting His love and His strength to her and to others, and don't let this issue somehow become life and death in your mind. As wonderful as she is, she is not the only woman in the world, and despite the loss being painful if it were ever to happen, the Lord could provide someone even better if need be.

Blessings in Christ, and hope this helps.
Hidden In Him

Last edited:
Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

I would simply advise this. You ultimately can't do anything about your wife's decisions, and while it's a tough spot, you really only have one direction you can go in at this point:

1. Draw closer to God, not only to ask Him to take care of your heart but also to strengthen you. If something happens some day where she walks away, you need to know that she is not the center of your life anyway, and that God is, so you will make it regardless.

2. You need to relax, and work on just being the best man and the best husband you can be. Again, this puts you in a place that if things should not work out, you have no regrets because you did your best.

What Satan wants you to do is see yourself as inferior. What God will want to do is turn you into the best version of yourself you can be, and ultimately to manifest Himself through you. If you can get to that place, you can rest assured that no man is greater than Christ Himself living in you and manifesting through you, so just concentrate on abiding in Him and manifesting His love and His strength to her and to others, and don't let this issue somehow become life and death in your mind. As wonderful as she is, she is not the only woman in the world, and despite the loss being painful if it were ever to happen, the Lord could provide someone even better if need be.

Blessings in Christ, and hope this helps.
Hidden In Him
Hi thank you for the info. Actually I've been dealing with a ton of issues within myself and honestly not talking with my wife about it. I've actually decided to have a full sit down with her about all of it and God bless it brought so much needed relief and cleared some things up about all of this. The devil has not won this day and will not win with God by my side. Again thank you and God is good all the time.

This thread can be closed.

Hi thank you for the info. Actually I've been dealing with a ton of issues within myself and honestly not talking with my wife about it. I've actually decided to have a full sit down with her about all of it and God bless it brought so much needed relief and cleared some things up about all of this. The devil has not won this day and will not win with God by my side. Again thank you and God is good all the time.

This thread can be closed.

Please feel free to respond back should you need someone to talk to again. I will close this thread at your request.

Wishing you the very best in your marriage.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back