Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Swedenborg; false prophet?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
K

KevJohn7

I'm relatively new to Swedenborgiasm. But at first glance it seems to be somewhat of a cult?

I've done a couple hours worth of reading from his books.
His claims seem quite compelling...that God has manifested Himself in Swedenborg so he can reveal the truth about christianity.
He also said the last judgement occured in 1757.
He disproves of the Holy Trinity along with some other Biblical teachings.

Again I do not know of many specifics.

Did Revelation warn of people like Swedenborg?

Swedenborg a false prophet? Yes. Many passages in the NT warn of people like Swedenborg.

Who is this Swedenborg?

The era of the Prophets is closed.

Beware of 'who' you choose to accept as prophets. For there are MANY that work for something OTHER THAN the glory of God. I would offer that MOST would fair MUCH 'better' to simply study The Word through prayer rather than turn to 'others' for 'their interpretation'. For in the end, you will be judged ON YOU and no one else will be there for your defense other than Jesus Christ. No one that has written books that you may read will be there to defend you or THEIR beliefs that you may follow.

MEC

KevJohn7 said:
I'm relatively new to Swedenborgiasm. But at first glance it seems to be somewhat of a cult?

I've done a couple hours worth of reading from his books.
His claims seem quite compelling...that God has manifested Himself in Swedenborg so he can reveal the truth about christianity.
He also said the last judgement occured in 1757.
He disproves of the Holy Trinity along with some other Biblical teachings.

Again I do not know of many specifics.

Did Revelation warn of people like Swedenborg?

I am not bother by your bad opinions about Swedenborg. You can go pray to your three gods Sunday in church, which is sinning against the first Commandment. There is only one God, not three. Are you also one of those who pray to Mary, instead of God Himself. Praying to Mary and the Saints is also sinning against the first Commandment. The angels told Swedenborg that Catholics getting on their knees praying to Mary and the Saints was a disgrace in heaven, especially the Catholics in South America where Mary is their god, not Jesus.

Harry

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back