Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

sympathy for the villain?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
is it just me, or do you sometimes secretly root for the bad guy/bad lady?

it all started with the original Snow White+The Seven dwarfs, for me. I kinda wanted the Queen to get Snow White, even at the tender age of 4-5. I dunno...she had the nifty, albeit evil, mirror, plus...honestly, the mini-people kinda got on my nerves, and snow white was just a tad too, too virtuous.

so, yeah. and now, my parents are forever watching some flavor of true crime tv when I'm over, and I'm thinking...well, can't he or she get away with (crime xyz), just this one time? please? but they don't, which is probably the -point- ...most true crime shows are modern melodramas, tales of good v evil. something like that, anyway.

do other people relate, maybe? not all villains, obviously. I've never secretly been a big fan of movie Nazis, for instance. just...here and there, now and then...i dunno.

and...you, out there? anyone? :)

is it just me, or do you sometimes secretly root for the bad guy/bad lady?

it all started with the original Snow White+The Seven dwarfs, for me. I kinda wanted the Queen to get Snow White, even at the tender age of 4-5. I dunno...she had the nifty, albeit evil, mirror, plus...honestly, the mini-people kinda got on my nerves, and snow white was just a tad too, too virtuous.

so, yeah. and now, my parents are forever watching some flavor of true crime tv when I'm over, and I'm thinking...well, can't he or she get away with (crime xyz), just this one time? please? but they don't, which is probably the -point- ...most true crime shows are modern melodramas, tales of good v evil. something like that, anyway.

do other people relate, maybe? not all villains, obviously. I've never secretly been a big fan of movie Nazis, for instance. just...here and there, now and then...i dunno.

and...you, out there? anyone? :)
My problem is rooting for the underdog no matter who they are. That's gotten me in trouble in real life too many times. It is a flaw in my character probably due to some pscho/emo response to always feeling like an underdog in my youth and wishing someone were rooting for me back then. Dunno...........just psycho-babble.

Everyone rooted for Daniel when watching this movie, but who's the real bully.

On a side note, does anyone else here who knows Karate realise he won by a highly illegal kick?

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back