Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Texas Mom Sentence 5 Years Probation for...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mike

Neglecting her child?

Trafficking her child?

Injuring her child?

Nope, nope, nope. She was sentenced 5 years probation for spanking her child with an open hand spank. :bigfrown Next they'll be going after those abusers who put their children in "time out".

Last December, police arrested Rosalina Gonzales for Injury to a Child, after she spanked her then two-year-old daughter.
According to KZTV-10, the daughter's grandmother noticed red marks on the child's rear end and had the youngster checked out at Driscoll Children's Hospital.
Last Wednesday, she pled guilty to the charge after reaching an agreement with prosecutors.
Gonzales is now on a five-year probation and must take parenting classes, follow all of the state CPS guidelines and pay $50 to the Children's Advocacy Center.

Texas mother sentenced for spanking child - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

What kind of world is this where a parent can't spank a child with an open hand?

But before she was let go, 214th District Court Judge Jose Longoria made it very clear to her and everyone else that even a simple straight forward case of spanking is a crime.

"You don't spank children today," said Longoria, "in the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children. You understand?"
Gonzales answered, "Yes, sir."

simple let the state and all those liberals take care of them hellions as they know better.:screwloose

thank you dr.spock.

I have not seen all of the evidence and the charges and so forth, but if the case against the woman is as ridiculous as this thread reports it to be, I wouldn't worry too much. This thing has appeal written all over it.

Neglecting her child?

Trafficking her child?

Injuring her child?

Nope, nope, nope. She was sentenced 5 years probation for spanking her child with an open hand spank. :bigfrown Next they'll be going after those abusers who put their children in "time out".

Texas mother sentenced for spanking child - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

What kind of world is this where a parent can't spank a child with an open hand?

What kind of world is this?? Isa. 5:1-5 is the 'copy' of what Earth has become. God has done about everything according to verse 4. And verse 5 tel's us what [has come next]. 'I will tell you what I [WILL DO TO MY VINEYARD:] (see verse 7)
I will [TAKE AWAY THE HEDGE THEREOF,]..' And it is a good 'last resort' thing if it does any good. Heb. 12:2-8 'chastisments' sorts out the wheat & the dross. (see verse 6) So who does one 'OBEY', God or Caesar will be the last issue. And in this case, it appears that there was a guilty plea? So grannie must have won? Rom. 13

--Elijah

I'm a conservative. There were marks on the child. to me if you spank a child hard enough to leave a mark it is abuse. I never saw a reason to hit my son. He is a good kid. Timeouts and taking away electrical devices worked just fine for him. I know all kids are different. I don't object to a swat, but leaving marks means hitting too hard.

I don't have kids or anything, but it seems like if there are marks, especially on a really young kid, a good while after the spanking, then that spanking went too far.

This does seem like a bit much, though. And to convict her? Is this a felony? I mean, what are her job prospects going to be like now? Where I live they would have just made her go to anger management and had DFACS check out the home situation and make sure it was OK for the kid to live there. I guess Texas is tougher.

I believe it "can be" easier to leave marks on a bottom than both of you suggest. It's not hard to smack a wrist and leave a red print. I'm not saying she couldn't have gone over the line, but there is nothing in this story or anything else I've read that would separate it from very ordinary spankings.

To me, this is more about the government stepping in and running our homes and families. It's the court system that supports the victim mentality; that will give a child the right to bring suit against his/her parents.

To me, this is more about the government stepping in and running our homes and families. It's the court system that supports the victim mentality; that will give a child the right to bring suit against his/her parents.

And if these same (spankless) children grow up to be teenagers and rebels in society (refusing to go to school for one), guess who'll get penalized for not having the kid in restraint? Uh huh, yeah right!

But on the topic of abuse, I've always believed: To the degree you discipline MUST be to the degree you love. Discipline without love is abuse.

And no I am NOT saying I love my children a whole lot, therefore I had the right to beat the tar out of them. What I am saying is that I rarely laid a hand on any other child (nieces and nephews in a close family included) because I did not have that type of love for them.

The same can be true when there is lots of love and (if needed) no discipline. The child is spoiled.

But then again that's me, and if I must say so myself (to God be the glory), I done alright! HAHA

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

Next stop.... Sociopath... We will be made to look like one.... 5 years no time off for good behavior.... next..... Sodomy... seen as a "Good Attribute".. so on & so forth. Then.. one nation under Allah.....

turnorburn

I'm a conservative. There were marks on the child. to me if you spank a child hard enough to leave a mark it is abuse. I never saw a reason to hit my son. He is a good kid. Timeouts and taking away electrical devices worked just fine for him. I know all kids are different. I don't object to a swat, but leaving marks means hitting too hard.

And you have (as an individual) God as your parent? Heb. 12:4-8 finds that He 'chasteneth' and 'scourgeth' [every son whom He receiveth]. Are you saying that His method is flawed? And His classification above?? and your post of you saying that you are conservative, (?) are we not to be 'true loving' parents as well?

And are you saying that the parent got what she deserved? That she left some [MARKS], huh? If so, then it seems that God is also found by you as needing to be put on probation??

But note how it workes for His 'House' (hold) in Isa. 5:4-7 & [us] in Matt. 24:21 after [ALL ELSE FAILED]. Surely you can see that True LOVE leaves some marks?? If you cannot 'see' that yet, we will see that as the days of earth are numbered!

Jude 1:22-23 finds that True LOVE works in two ways to accomplish the end result, but both ways are True Love! And 'pulling them out of the fire' And 'hating the [garment]' finds the true motive of Loving the CHILD or not loving the child as 'i' see it.:study And leaving a mark 'is abuse' by God??

--Elijah

My sister has told me, that just the threat of physical punishment is against the law in California.

How is this one for ya.

Swedish Parents jailed for spanking; children seized

KARLSTAD, Sweden, November 30, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Swedish district court has sentenced a couple to nine months each in prison and fined them the equivalent of US $10,650 after they admitted to spanking three of their four children as a normal part of their parenting methods. Corporal punishment of children by parents was made illegal in Sweden in 1979, an early step in what a U.S. parental rights lawyer called the nearly total take-over of parenting by the state in Sweden.
Court documents, quoted by Sveriges Television, said that the parents, who have not been named in the press, “explained that they had used, what they themselves described as spanking, physical punishment as part of their methods for raising the children.â€
There is no indication of abuse by the parents in the released documents, with the court noting that the parents “had a loving and caring relationship with their children.â€
Nevertheless, the parents have been sent to prison and fined 25,000 kronor for each of the “affected children.†The children have been remanded to state-sponsored foster care since early this summer, and Mike Donnelly, Director of International Relations for the US-based Home School Legal Defence Association (HSLDA), told LifeSiteNews.com that it is “extremely unlikely†that the children will ever be returned to their family home.
Donnelly said that the case is typical of the stories of many families with traditional values in Sweden: “In the area of family rights in Sweden things really aren’t going well there.â€
While the HSLDA does not hold an official position on the use of corporal punishment, Donnelly said it is clearly up to parents to determine whether corporal punishment is an appropriate form of discipline.
“Parenting has been outsourced, or simply directly taken over by the state in Sweden,†Donnelly said. “And these parents have been jailed for doing what in America would be perfectly normal.â€
Ninety percent of Swedish children are in publicly funded day care from extremely early ages, as young as a year or 18 months, he said. It is the position of the state that parents are overruled by the state in areas of child rearing, he said.
Donnelly said, however, that the best interests of the child are not the state’s highest priority: “So lets take these kids who have had a loving and caring relationship with their parents and send them to foster care, and throw their parents into jail for nine months.â€
Donnelly cited the now notorious case of Domenic Johansson, the boy who was snatched by state officials because his parents were homeschooling him, an act that is also illegal in Sweden.
“The bottom line is, don’t go to Sweden. Don’t move there, if you want to have a normal family.â€
Contact information:
Swedish Embassy - U.S.
Embassy of Sweden
2900 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20007
USA
Phone: (202)467-2600
Fax: (202)467-2699
Email:ambassaden.washington@foreign.ministry.se
Swedish Parents jailed for spanking; children seized | LifeSiteNews.com

I haven't really weighed in on this, because the fact that the first child had a visible mark probably means the "spanking" was truly harsh, and the mother just received probation and court mandated parenting classes. I fully admit I nailed Viola once that left a mark, it faded after some minutes went by, and I know that leaving marks like that means mom is a bit out of control. (And, no, I've never lost control when dealing with her again!!! I cried so hard, she was comforting me!)

But, the story out of Sweden...hey, both my kids were removed from the birth homes and placed in foster care...believe me, taking children from their birth homes is far, far more traumatic to a child...and the foster care system far more abusive than a spanking, even a spanking that would leave a mark. Unless there are truly egregious abuses happening in the home, the children should not be removed.

In my kid's case, the abuse was that egregious...my daughter living in such filth and chaos that she ingested rat poison and had a convicted child molester in the house as well...my son's mom being unable or unwilling to kick her drug habit. Yet, even with such abuse, it's still hard on them that they have been taken from their birth families.

Some woman are so soft and sensitive, If I have to, I will kick their butts. Because the Bible tells me so. And if they get a little red mark or marks on their behinds' so what, that is normal when you just got your tale kicked. Sometimes I have a hard time spanking the little tykes, but when you have to, you have to. I will not let the secular government tell me how to raise my kids, and grand kids. The Bible tells me what to do if the child calls for it. And that goes for the teenagers too, they will get knocked down, hey my pop knocked me down in front of my first wife, I think I was 26 years old, and I have not talked back to him like that since, and I am 56 now and he is still living.

Some woman are so soft and sensitive, If I have to, I will kick their butts. Because the Bible tells me so. And if they get a little red mark or marks on their behinds' so what, that is normal when you just got your tale kicked. Sometimes I have a hard time spanking the little tykes, but when you have to, you have to. I will not let the secular government tell me how to raise my kids, and grand kids. The Bible tells me what to do if the child calls for it. And that goes for the teenagers too, they will get knocked down, hey my pop knocked me down in front of my first wife, I think I was 26 years old, and I have not talked back to him like that since, and I am 56 now and he is still living.
:eeeekkk lewis, why do i believe that. both my grandfathers one a catholic and other the other a sinner put the fear of God in me when i acted the fool.

Jason I was acting a fool over my mother in-laws house and they had to call my dad up. So I was still acting a fool when he got there, me and my friend Vodka, so my dad had to stretch me out on the pavement, I still remember laying down there with a good view of the stars and the moon.

Jason I was acting a fool over my mother in-laws house and they had to call my dad up. So I was still acting a fool when he got there, me and my friend Vodka, so my dad had to stretch me out on the pavement, I still remember laying down there with a good view of the stars and the moon.
i would rather have that done then the law do it. i like that 'euphenesim" strecth me out on the pavement. kinda like wall to wall cousenling.

I actually agree with a Dad "stretching" a grown son out on the pavement if he's acting like that.

But, leaving a mark on a 2 year old.

Don't get me wrong...my kids got smacked when they were 3 1/2 years old and they still can get a smack if they smart off now that they're 13 and 11.

But, except for that one time, I don't recall ever leaving a mark on them when they were so little.

The "terrible twos" are the time when spankings are at a premium, but nonetheless leaving marks usually means that the spanker (mom or dad) is out of control with anger. And, it's never good for a fully grown adult to start physically hitting a small, 25lb to 30lb, helpless child in anger. They are just so little at that age.

Dora many times you don't even have to hit them hard to leave a mark. And kids who have lighter skin, it doesn't take much at all. So sometimes if a mark or marks are left on the child, it does not always mean that you beat the crap out of the child. I am not a dark black male, and when I was coming up and I got beat on my behind with a belt, marks would show up. Those people back then did it like the Bible said do it, and not to stop because he cries, so says the book of Proverbs. Corporal punishment early in childrens lives, has saved many of them. And some children you do not have to use corporal punishment.

Back