Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Thank you so much????

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Aardverk

This has nothing to do with religion. I thought I would seek views on my current pet hate. :help

The phrase, 'THANK YOU SO MUCH' seems to becoming more and more prevalent. It obviously means, 'thank you very much' but why have people started using this apparently meaningless phrase?

IF one were to say, 'thank you so much for your help/for your praise/for your gift/etc' it would make some sense, I think, but without adding the reason for the 'so' it seems to be grammatically wrong.:twocents

Thank you very much for reading my words. There - isn't that better? :biggrin

I agree. You'll drive yourself insane trying to understand all those types of what I'll call "catch phrases" and such. Seems every once in a while a new one hits us and one can only wonder where it came from.

Another one--"I could care less."
You could care less? So, you do care?:confused

Although I use this phrase myself.

Make no bones about it there is more than one way to skin a cat. I'd like to talk more but I'm going to the dog park. I hope it doesn't start raining cats and dogs. Thank you so much for pointing this out though.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back