Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Apocalypse is fake?!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
From what I read the marriage supper of the Lamb takes place on earth after the wicked are removed.

So is the Bride back thawing out the steaks while Jesus is still out working, or is she waiting on Him somewhere?

See this kind of stuff is what makes it sound on the thin side. I need to study all of this more...

So is the Bride back thawing out the steaks while Jesus is still out working, or is she waiting on Him somewhere?

See this kind of stuff is what makes it sound on the thin side. I need to study all of this more...

I really dont understand what you mean?

Read:
Revelation 19
Zechariah 14

It seems to be talking about the 2nd coming after the great tribulation and that's when Jesis rules on the earth for 1000 years.

The entire earth will be restored to the same condition that it was in at the Garden of Eden...with two exceptions!

Do you know what the two exceptions are? (what will be different?)

Too late to edit this now. That is weird and annoying. The autocorrect used to work fine but somehow it doesn't work anymore. ...and I can't figure out how to turn it back on.

Back on topic here what are the two differences that there will be on earth after Jesus Returns and restores all things for the 1000 years?

Ok, I'll tell you one of them. The first one is...No serpent! Satan will be bound for this 1000 years, or most of it at least.

What a great thought!

I really dont understand what you mean?

Read:
Revelation 19
Zechariah 14

It just somehow doesn't seem right to me that the rapture is at his 2nd coming when He destroys the enemy on earth.

Would Jesus do that to His Bride? The promise of the BrideGroom coming for His Bride...how would that affect that?

Hey honey, I'm gonna let them beat the crap out of you and then we'll go out to dinner?

I'm sorry Brother, but that just doesn't sound like Jesus. How and why could He let His Bride go through the Great Tribulation? She is the unblemished one and the purpose of the Great Tribulation is to turn the hearts of the unbelieving Israel unto Jesus their Lord and God as their Messiah.

There's two classes of Christians. The unblemished and the blemished. It makes sense to me that the unblemished get raptured out and the blemished lukewarm Christians will have their fence sitting proof of God, that they missed the rapture, so they will go on to become the next generation of Christians on earth and will go through the Great Tribulation.

While the tribulation is going on, the Bride is off at the Marriage Supper. And then returns with Jesus for His 2nd coming to put a stop to the evil on this planet. All the Saints return with Jesus is what scripture says, right?

If the Marriage supper is on earth then it wouldn't be, returning with Jesus, and coming in the clouds like it says.

That's where I am with this. I will go read those chapters again now...soon. :coffee

It seems to be talking about the 2nd coming after the great tribulation and that's when Jesis rules on the earth for 1000 years.

The entire earth will be restored to the same condition that it was in at the Garden of Eden...with two exceptions!

Do you know what the two exceptions are? (what will be different?)
It seems to be talking about the 2nd coming, until we add the information of how our King went to war against all wickedness and his army follows him this way

,Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Eph.6:10

We desperately need to understand how our Lord showed the power of his Father toward mankind. When he returns in person, it isn't for war. The war iwill be over. It's judgment day.
To answer your question, what God considers perishable will no longer exist,

the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Heb.12:27

for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2Cor.4:18

We desperately need to understand how our Lord showed the power of his Father toward mankind. When he returns in person, it isn't for war. The war iwill be over. It's judgment day.

When He returns in person it isn't for war? So what about think not that I come to bring peace to the world, but a sword? What about They will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming? What about and there was war in the heavens? It's not Judgement day then.

Jesus comes back and stops the war. Many will be destriyed instantly upon His arrival and I expect there to be some prolonged fighting (in the Heavens), by the demonic Aliens which will be here. They are defeated and then Jesus sets up His Kingdom on earth and rules for 1000 years n tis earth.

And after that is the Judgement day.

When He returns in person it isn't for war? So what about think not that I come to bring peace to the world, but a sword? What about They will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming? What about and there was war in the heavens? It's not Judgement day then.

Jesus comes back and stops the war. Many will be destriyed instantly upon His arrival and I expect there to be some prolonged fighting (in the Heavens), by the demonic Aliens which will be here. They are defeated and then Jesus sets up His Kingdom on earth and rules for 1000 years n tis earth.

And after that is the Judgement day.
The sword our Lord brought is his word. He divides now. We're now looking through a mirror at war in the heavenlies,

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph.6:12

Being destroyed by the brightness of his appearing is judgment day. There is no prolonged fight after that.

It just somehow doesn't seem right to me that the rapture is at his 2nd coming when He destroys the enemy on earth.

Would Jesus do that to His Bride? The promise of the BrideGroom coming for His Bride...how would that affect that?

He gathers His church, both the dead in Christ, and those who are alive and remain, at His coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

Agreed?

JLB

I'm sorry Brother, but that just doesn't sound like Jesus. How and why could He let His Bride go through the Great Tribulation? She is the unblemished one and the purpose of the Great Tribulation is to turn the hearts of the unbelieving Israel unto Jesus their Lord and God as their Messiah.

There's much to discuss about this, however I would like to establish a solid foundation from the scriptures so we can address that question after a foundation of understanding is laid about this subject.

JLB

There's two classes of Christians. The unblemished and the blemished. It makes sense to me that the unblemished get raptured out and the blemished lukewarm Christians will have their fence sitting proof of God, that they missed the rapture, so they will go on to become the next generation of Christians on earth and will go through the Great Tribulation.

The resurection of the dead in Christ comes first, then the rapture, in which all the Church are caught up together in the air with Him, at His coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

• the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

This is referred to as the gathering. Where Jesus gathers His church together, those in heaven (the dead in Christ) and those on earth (those who are alive and remain; rapture)

The Raptured ones are caught up together with the resurrected ones; gathered together; at His coming.

JLB

When He returns in person it isn't for war?

His coming on the Day of the Lord is all about war, as He returns with the saints in heaven (the dead in Christ) and the angels, who are called the armies of heaven, to gather his people from heaven and earth... To destroy the wicked.

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Revelation 19:11-15

Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”
And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh. Revelation 19:17-21

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.

Zechariah 14:1-3

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:3

No, she is transformed in the twinkling of an eye when He comes to take her.

Your position makes no sense to me.
His Bride is changed in the blink of an eye because she put on his image previously,

and we all, with unvailed face, the glory of the Lord beholding in a mirror, to the same image are being transformed, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2Cor.3:18

The 1st glory is when our God appeared as a man, showing his great love, mercy and patience toward sinners who committed horrific acts against him. That glory his Bride takes part in,

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Phil.3:10

Being married to Christ is to be one with him.

Where did I say anything about sin being taken out by intellectual understanding? Sin will always remain in this world until Christ returns
I didn't say this is what you said. I simply commented on the way I see most Christians consider sin. They seem to be convinced they don't sin because they know the Bible and, per their understanding of the Bible, they are convinced they do not sin but it is not possible to avoid sinning by mere intellectual understanding. The only way to avoid sinning it not to believe or to understand, it is to see.

The way I view it, the mere fact of overlooking there is a problem with Revelation 1:5 is a sin. It's as if I said to someone: "bummer, there is a stain on your shirt" and they would look at their shirt, see the stain without acknowledging it then reply: "no, there isn't" just because they paid a lot of money for that shirt and the salesperson told them it's made out of a special cloth that cannot be stained so the wearer won't see the stain because they just don't want it to be there. The problem is, everyone can see the stain and, by not acknowledging it, the person wearing the shirt cannot take it off and wash it. That illustrates the problem with believing rather than seeing.

In the same way, most Christians are convinced that questioning the Bible is a sin when it is really the other way around. By not acknowledging the 'stains', most Christians make a joke of Jesus' teachings and they are responsible for many people to turn their back on Jesus. You see the problem? Those who see the stain view the Bible as a joke, which they wouldn't if Christians simply admitted there is a 'stain'. Failing to do so, hence driving millions away from Jesus' teachings, is a serious sin, way more serious than it could ever be to question parts of the Bible.

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying:
“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”
Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Revelation 7:9-14

• These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

JLB

I didn't say this is what you said. I simply commented on the way I see most Christians consider sin. They seem to be convinced they don't sin because they know the Bible and, per their understanding of the Bible, they are convinced they do not sin but it is not possible to avoid sinning by mere intellectual understanding. The only way to avoid sinning it not to believe or to understand, it is to see.

The way I view it, the mere fact of overlooking there is a problem with Revelation 1:5 is a sin. It's as if I said to someone: "bummer, there is a stain on your shirt" and they would look at their shirt, see the stain without acknowledging it then reply: "no, there isn't" just because they paid a lot of money for that shirt and the salesperson told them it's made out of a special cloth that cannot be stained so the wearer won't see the stain because they just don't want it to be there. The problem is, everyone can see the stain and, by not acknowledging it, the person wearing the shirt cannot take it off and wash it. That illustrates the problem with believing rather than seeing.

In the same way, most Christians are convinced that questioning the Bible is a sin when it is really the other way around. By not acknowledging the 'stains', most Christians make a joke of Jesus' teachings and they are responsible for many people to turn their back on Jesus. You see the problem? Those who see the stain view the Bible as a joke, which they wouldn't if Christians simply admitted there is a 'stain'. Failing to do so, hence driving millions away from Jesus' teachings, is a serious sin, way more serious than it could ever be to question parts of the Bible.
Sorry about the misunderstanding and thank you for explaining this.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back