Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Bible

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

mcmurry

So is anybody going to watch the miniseries "The Bible" on the History Channel. It starts next Sunday night 3/3/13. It's supposed to be produced by Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett.

So is anybody going to watch the miniseries "The Bible" on the History Channel. It starts next Sunday night 3/3/13. It's supposed to be produced by Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett.

THanks for reminding me... I wasn't because I didn't have cable, but just got it.... I do plan to watch it, but don't have my hopes up that it will be that inspiring. Thought provoking and interesting? Sure. But almost all documentaries I've seen on Biblical things tend to try to cause doubt more than belief. Of those that don't, they just don't get it all right or take a poetic liscense (in the case of movies that try to protray Bible events).

Still, yes. I plan to watch. I love the history channel and it should be interesting to see what they have to say.

That's starts on my birthday, not that I'm counting any longer, but makes it easy to remember. So, yeah, I'll give it a try.

Here's a link to show some previews:

http://www.history.com/the-bible

starting 8PM eastern time on 3/3.

I thought this was going to be some documentary on how we got the bible, but it looks like a whole bunch of bible stories acted out. Delilah looks hot. :toofunny But then again I guess she would not be Delilah if she wasn't. You can tell I'm getting to be an old man with his half senile mind in the gutter. :lol

starting 8PM eastern time on 3/3.
I just realized this is my spiritual birth date. Twenty years ago. At exactly 7.29 p.m.

I thought this was going to be some documentary on how we got the bible, but it looks like a whole bunch of bible stories acted out. Delilah looks hot. :toofunny But then again I guess she would not be Delilah if she wasn't. You can tell I'm getting to be an old man with his half senile mind in the gutter. :lol
You need a hot older wife. :biggrin

I had not seen either of those previews. I bekieve that Roma Downey is playing Mary, but I could be wrong. I would really like to see a major company do a big screen series of the whole Bible, something like LOTR.
I couldn't tell from the previews, but I didn't necessary see anything that reminded me of Paul. You would think that with the title it would cover from Genisis to Revelations. But Paul might be to un pc for them. And I bet that there will be a huge disclaimer about how it doesn't reflect the views of the History channel.

Also, for those into history, the same night and channel, there is a miniseries starting called, "Vikings". Also might be interesting.

You need a hot older wife. :biggrin

Oh, my wife's hot. Really. But how does the funny saying go? It does not matter where one gets their appetite, just eat here! :toofunny

Actually, Delilah looks like a kid to me, but she's a cute kid. But I'll forget about what I said tomorrow and forget I ever saw her (actually, I did already until you brought this up). :lol

I had not seen either of those previews. I bekieve that Roma Downey is playing Mary, but I could be wrong. I would really like to see a major company do a big screen series of the whole Bible, something like LOTR.
I couldn't tell from the previews, but I didn't necessary see anything that reminded me of Paul. You would think that with the title it would cover from Genisis to Revelations. But Paul might be to un pc for them. And I bet that there will be a huge disclaimer about how it doesn't reflect the views of the History channel.

Also, for those into history, the same night and channel, there is a miniseries starting called, "Vikings". Also might be interesting.

I doubt that could happen without a major amount of pushing and pulling going on from the Christian community. Ultimately, should there be a series of movies made based on biblical accounts there will always be people saying things were done inaccurately. Honestly, I don't think it would get passed the idea stage unless a Christian production company takes the helm. Major studios wont touch it.

The ones in charge of showing us things on the T.V. are not christians and cannot be trusted.

Back