Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the catcher in the rye

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i just started reading this, and i really like it so far... just wondering what your thoughts were on this timeless classic.

Wonderful book. Great character, realistic plot, wonderful story. Wonderful book

i think the catcher in the rye is wonderful to read. it helped shape my thinking as an existentialist in high school. my favourite quote from it is found near the end when Holden, in all his existential angst, realises that even when he dies, someone will curse on his tombstone. unfortunately, i can't post that quote here...

Just as a side note, the original title was The Watcher in the Rye, the typsetter changed it because he thought it was an error
and it was published as the The Catcher in the Rye. A terrific book either way.

Highlander said:
Just as a side note, the original title was The Watcher in the Rye, the typsetter changed it because he thought it was an error
and it was published as the The Catcher in the Rye. A terrific book either way.
I've never heard that before, not that that means it's not true. I don't know a lot of things. :biggrin What about Holden talking about catching the children from falling off the cliff?

I liked the book. My son loves the book and became really interested in it when he found that it was banned in some places from libraries and schools.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back