Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Christian Rock Band List

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

The top Christian rock bands list - These are the bands that put the "rock" in Christian rock.

Essential Christian Rock Albums

Using electric guitars, passionate vocals and drum kits beating out killer back-beats, Christian rock is a way to share the Message of Hope with people in churches who want more than traditional hymns and to those outside of the church that don't know Jesus. If you are new to the genre', this is a list of essential albums that will help start...

If you like Christian Rock Band BarlowGirl, You Should Check Out...

Girl rock ... there are plenty of great female fronted bands that rock for the Lord.

If you Like Hawk Nelson, Check Out These Bands

Since 2004, pop / punk music lovers have fallend in love with Hawk Nelson, helping the quartet sell nearly half a million albums. These guys rock! But they're not the only ones with that great pop / punk sound.

After Edmund

The After Edmund site is more like a blog with plenty of news about the Dove nominated band and fun stuff like videos and music.

Anberlin

On Anberlin's official web site you can find message boards, the latest news, band bios, tour info and music.

BarlowGirl

A BarlowGirl primer - who they are, what they sing and all other things Barlow.

Bread of Stone

On the band's official site, look for music, news, videos and tour dates.

Burlap To Cashmere

On the folk-rockers official website, you can find out where they're going to be playing, read their lyrics or listen to music from their first new album in over ten years.

Canopy Red

On the Tallahassee, Florida-based band's official site you can learn more about the band, check out photos and their schedule and hear clips of their songs.

Daniel's Window

DW's official site (flash) has it all ... full length songs to listen to, photos, a store, news, show listings, forums and fun stuff to download.

Echoing Angels

On the band's official MySpace you will find news, their tour schedule and great music.

Eisley

On Eisley's official site you'll find an online store, ringtones, music, videos, photos, a show schedule and a fan forum.

Everyday Sunday

Their site has a forum for fans, music, pics, lyrics, wallpapers you can download and street team info.

Family Force 5

Their music is fun but their faith is all business. Learn more about the guys that make up Family Force 5.

Firefalldown

This Filipino-British three-piece band brings their own brand of melodic funkcore to the UK underground scene, combining elements of skate punk, motown, and pop punk with inspirational lyrics.

FONO

This alternative rock band from San Diego, California has opened for bands all the way from Bon Jovi and Goo Goo Dolls, from Guano Apes to Third Eye Blind and even Robert Plant!

Hawk Nelson

Hailing from a mid-sized suburb of Ontario, Canada, power pop/punk foursome Hawk Nelson cites itself as diehard believers in the transformative power of dreams.

Hearts of Saints

The band formerly known as Special D offers tour info, news, photos and links to all of their social networking sites on their official site.

Jennifer Knapp

Jennifer Knapp in review, with lots of sound clips, lyrics and tab/chords. Look for links to several Jennifer sites.

Jeremy Camp

On Jeremy's profile you'll find a complete discography, links to interviews, reviews, tab, lyrics and his official site.

Jordan Elias

On this third generation musician's site, you can listen to sound clips, check his schedule, watch videos, check out photos and learn more about what makes him tick.

Kathleen Carnali

On Kathleen's official site you'll find music, photos a concert schedule and an online store.

Kingsfall

On the band's official site you can learn more about the group, see photos, find out where they're playing and access their social media sites for music and videos.

Kole

This FL / NC boy can rock with the best of them! He began performing professionally at age 17 and by 22 was touring the U.S. and Canada. Kole has also Engineered at clubs and festivals.

Krystal Meyers

Krystal's site offers message boards, music, photos and news updates.

Kutless

The Kutless profile has info on the band, a complete discography and links to their official site, interviews, lyrics and tab.

Larry Norman

The official Larry Norman site is a tribute to the man and his music.

Me in Motion

On this fun flash-driven site, you can read personal updates and thoughts from the band, spray paint on the wall and, of course, do all of the usual stuff that you can normally do on band's sites.

Nevertheless

This indie-pop/rock band is making a big noise! On their official site, you can see their tour schedule and hear their music.

Newsboys

This official site offers tour info, biographies, lyrics, wallpaper, a fan FAQ and an online store.

Newworldson

The four musicians of Newworldson came together at a jazz club playing gospel music. On their official site, you can hear their blend of funk, reggae and old school rock.

OC Supertones

This flash site has individual bios, a band bio, Quicktime videos, a Bible study, an online store, a discography with tabs, chat, a photo gallery, news and a tour schedule.

Randy Stonehill

Here you'll find a treasure trove of information on Randy's newest CD "The Edge of the World" and the artists he assembled to record it. Listen to music clips and don't miss his song profiles, where you can find lyrics and a discography.

Relient K

The profile of the Canton, OH band offers bios, touring info and a whole lot more.

Remedy Drive

On the band's official site you can find info on the band, a video diary, music and pics.

Run Kid Run

This 4 piece pop rock band from Illinois is a winner! Visit their official site to learn why.

Runaway City

On the band's official site, you can find out what makes them tick, see pics and watch videos.

Sanctus Real

The band's flash site is the place to find a photo gallery, tour dates, audio clips, videos and a message board for fans.

Seventh Day Slumber

I love this band, and their flash site is one of the most fun to visit that I've found.

Shaun Groves

On Shaun's site you will find tour info, a photo gallery, full length mp3s, a message board for fans and the latest news.

Silers Bald

The bands official site offers lots of great stuff. Find message boards, photos, an online journal, an online store, a tour schedule, updated news and music.

Stars Go Dim

On the official Stars Go Dim site, look for a calendar of their upcoming events, pics, videos and an online journal.

Superchic[k]

On Superchick's site you can find the latest band news, tour dates, a bio, downloads, an online journal and a store.

Switchfoot

Switchfoot - band profile. Links, interviews, reviews, a complete discography and more.

Tenth Avenue North

The official website of Tenth Avenue North is the place to find tour dates, music, videos and photos.

Terry Boch

Terry blends rock, blues and inspirational with a touch of country for a win! On her official site, look for concert dates and great music.

The Fallen

On the St. Louis, MO-based indie rock band's official site, look for photos, news and music.

The Fray

On the band's official site you can find out where they are playing, see plenty of pics, interact with other fans in the forum and even buy ringtones.

The Rocket Summer

Check out tweets, news, tour dates and music from The Rocket Summer while visiting their site.

The Sonflowerz

The winners of the Best Over-All Vocal Group at the 33rd annual GMA Music in the Rockies just keep getting better. On their official site you can learn more about these talented sisters, read some excellent devotionals written by the girls and hear music that will stir your soul.

The Violet Burning

On the band's official site, look for tour news, information on the organizations they support and their blog

Third Day

Band Profile - Third Day - Discography, Links, Lyrics, Info on the band and Tab/Chords.

This Beautiful Republic

Toledo, Ohio has produced another Christian Rock Band with tons of talent! On their official site, look for tour news, info on the band members and song clips.

Todd Agnew

Todd's profile is a behind the scenes look at the man, the artist and the music.

VOTA (formerly known as Casting Pearls)

Formerly known as Casting Pearls, the group felt that with a new sound, a new band member, a new label and even new management it was important to rename the band to show all of the changes. Meet VOTA!

Free Christian Music / Gospel Newsletter!

Wow! A list I mostly agree with!

Larry Norman was the pioneer, Third Day exemplified his work.

There were a few groups in the 80's that have faded from (my) memory that were typically outstanding. I say "typically" because the 80's were the time of many of the greats during the past 50 years: Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, Bryan Adams, a matured Eagles Sound, an aging Jethro Tull sound - and many other secular voices.

The 80's really WERE great for music, in general.

jenifer knapp is now inspiration and not christian in nature. her older pre coming out stuff wasnt bad but because she is living in open sin. most stations wont play her stuff.

sad, i do hope she repents.

I'm not into music much anymore. Mostly because I listed to a lot of hard rock and metal from the late 70s until about 2000 and I think overall it had a negative influence on me. Now I try to limit my music listening to only Christian music as there is way to much baggage and questionable lyrics in most secular music.

Great list and I'll have to check some of those out. I am a big fan of Third Day though!

Wow! A list I mostly agree with!

Larry Norman was the pioneer, Third Day exemplified his work.

There were a few groups in the 80's that have faded from (my) memory that were typically outstanding. I say "typically" because the 80's were the time of many of the greats during the past 50 years: Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, Bryan Adams, a matured Eagles Sound, an aging Jethro Tull sound - and many other secular voices.

The 80's really WERE great for music, in general.
I love Jethro Tull, I got to see them in 1973 or 72 one of those years. I love the Aqualung album and Thick As A Brick the most and I like much of the other stuff.

jenifer knapp is now inspiration and not christian in nature. her older pre coming out stuff wasnt bad but because she is living in open sin. most stations wont play her stuff.

sad, i do hope she repents.
Jennifer's music was some of the first Christian music I embraced some 11 years ago, when I was saved. Rebecca St. James, Third Day and Point of Grace were some others.

I remember when Jennifer first disappeared several years ago. I was in contact with her webmaster for a bit. Even he didn't know at first why she just disappeared from the music scene The rumors were flying around on the Net, but we both agreed not to fall into that rumor trap and continued to pray for her.

She played in NYC last year in a small club. Seeing her perform in the past, I knew she was a great performer, but I just couldn't bring myself to go to this show. I wasn't sure what kind of environment I would be in so I bowed out.

I too pray she repents. :pray

I wouldn't really consider her Christian Rock, but I would agree that Rebecca's older music does fit into the Christian alternative rock genre (if there IS such a genre).

i always liked her style. its sad when this happens.

i cant remember what musicians i first heard. point of grace is the closest to that time along with the defunct out of the grey and avalon. and of course petra.

Good list for newcomers, a younger crowd though, I'm glad to know Christians are still rockin'.

'Rock' in general is too vague anymore, pop, hard, punk, metal, alternative are a bit more descriptive. I grew up with music (bands, played guitar), hard rock mostly, I wouldn't classify some on this list as true rock, more like 'pop' or 'radio' rock.

When I think 'rock' I hear Whitecross, Holy Soldier, Ken Tamplin, Guardian, Stryper, Bride, Mastedon, X Sinner, White Heart, Rez Band, Neon Cross... I know, has-beens but great rock bands none the less :) Oh, and the best Christian hard rock band of all time - HeavenSent - mine ;)

Sad about Jennifer Knapp, she's more than out, she's hostile towards Christians, those who disagree with her lifestyle. She's emulating Doug Pinnick from King's X when he came out in the 90s. Doug didn't want to be told his lifestyle was immoral - he railed against the judgmental Christians.

Both have found refuge in the liberal left amoral world of the 'politically' religious community, those who have a form of godliness but deny it's power, spiritually reprobate, powerless.

It would be foolish to not examine my own sin, it may not be as bad, or worse, WORSE!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back