Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Crucifixion The Four aspects of Christ and his suffering;

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Son Of Man

Greeting
a little I know

Four aspects of Christ and his suffering;
Matthew 27:24-25 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
Then answered all the people, and said,
His blood be on us, and on our children.

(1) physical suffering, stretched him on the cross, drove stakes into his hands and feet and then crucifixion, was a death of slow suffocation, every time he wanted to breath the pain in his wrist and hands, then his feet once he could no longer use the wrist and hands. From the tip of his fingers to the tip of his toes and all in between, he felt the horrible pain of crucifixion.

(2) All the guilt for all the sin of all mankind, God the Father said, he bore our sin in his body and said this that Jesus Christ on the cross became the object of God’s judgment and punishment. On top of that he took our shame, guilt, sins, complaints, selfishness, pride and every drop of our faults, we are just one of these persons, multiply the guilt, shame, sins, etc. by a billion people, you and I could never begin to acknowledge it. The crucifixion was not just a man dying, it was the son of God, which hated sin, had no part of sin, which was bearing the guilt, the awesome powerful weight of all of mankind.

(3) part of his suffering was the fact that those he loved, the disciples which he ate, slept and taught with, he shared the revelation of the truth of God with them, things no one had ever heard, here he was crying out to his Father on the toughest night, if it be your will let this cup pass over me, the disciples fell asleep in his moment of need. When he was hanging on the cross, he said my God, my God why have you forsaken me, it was bad enough he was abandoned by his friends, but abandoned by his heavenly father, my God, my God why have you forsaken me. He knew why he came, to give his life for a ransom for many. When God saw him he saw him as sin, the sin bearer. All the judgment of God came upon Jesus. All that God saw in Jesus was pure sin. All the judgment of God came on sin that he had hated so much; the wickedness of sin poured down his fury came upon him. The object of God’s hatred and amosity.

(4) All the sin stored up all those years, God in all his fury and hatred of sin came up on the Lord Jesus Christ, he punished Jesus for your sin and my sin. Everything God the Father hated about sin he punished Jesus with, wave after wave of God’s wrath, wave after wave of God’s judgment, then it subsided and Jesus said it was finished. The final sacrifice, the atonement of the son of mankind. Suddenly it was over and then Jesus said, into thy hands I command my spirit, there is no death like the death of Jesus, cause no one ever bore the weight of our sin or the wrath of God as he did. The grace of God the Father. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

So it shall be that whoever goes outside the doors of your house into the street, his blood shall be on his own head, and we will be guiltless. And whoever is with you in the house, his blood shall be on our head if a hand is laid on him.
(Josh 2:19)

Hebrews 9:18-22 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
"This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you."
Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry.
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.

In Matthew 9: 13. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
In Luke 1: 50. And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

In Daniel 9: 4. And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God , keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

Exodus 33: 19. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. As we see God the Father.

Good topic, but I only have one problem with what you sais about God punishing Jesus. God did not punish Jesus for our sin, but was God's plan of salvation through Christ that all who believe on Him and the sacrifice He made for our sin will have eternal life with Him, John 3:16; Ephesians 1:3-6; 1 Peter 1:19; 20.

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God never left Jesus as he and the Father are one, John 10:30. In John 16:32 Jesus told his disciples they would leave him alone, but Jesus told them he is not alone for my Father is with me. 2 Corinthians 5:19 God was in Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

God never forsook Jesus while he hung on the cross as according to Hebrews 10:7-10 (read the whole Chapter) it was by the offering of the body of Jesus that once and for all we are sanctified through his offering for sin. Jesus was not made sin for us, but made a final offering for us to reconcile ourselves back to the Father as it was ordained by God in the beginning as his word became flesh to walk among us, John 1:1-5 until Jesus now sits at the right hand of God, Matthew 22:44.

Hebrews 13:5 says God will never leave us nor forsake us. God never forsook any of His prophets in the OT so why would He forsake Jesus while he hung on the cross. Psalms 22:1, 24 is prophetic fulfillment of Jesus making a proclamation to those Jews gathered at Golgotha that as David cried out to God in his hour of despair that God never left David and was right there with him and for all who calls on his name will never be alone as the Father will never leave His own.

Matthew 27:24-25 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
Then answered all the people, and said,
His blood be on us, and on our children.
I think the peoples conscience was speaking to them, they were prophesying what Jesus had done and what his death means. It is for our enjoyment and spiritual insight. Its hard to say if the people got saved or not. The positive thing is what they said they wanted to happen because of his death, but the negative thing is they wanted him crucified. I don't believe Pilate was saved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back