Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Evolution Lie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ahh, Biologos, Now everything is clear.

This cult is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I am not going to post all the facts and biblical evidence that this is a Satanic deviation of the account of creation and dilutes the awesome power of our God with lies and half truths.

If you want to take the time and Google it, your eyes will be opened. It is as apostate as Chrislam. I could fill pags and pages of proof of this.... but you have a search engine as I do.

We are all big kids here. You are responsible for your choices and, thus, your fate.

God made Adam, formed him (NOTICE: it doesn't say formed him with his HANDS ..... YOU ADDED THAT) breathed life into his nostrils, later He put Adam to sleep, removed his rib and FORMED woman......

This scripture, alone, KILLS evolution... period.

To ignore these words, or add or change the concept is sacrilege and a slap in the face of God.

I am done here. Make your own choice. Believe the Holy scripture or this new twisting of the truth to appease the people that cannot handle the truth.

Last edited:
It takes faith to believe in God without faith it is impossible to please him

Very true. But many creationists have substituted a new doctrine in place of His word.

you've chosen science, proof

Proof isn't part of science. Science merely infers the rules from studying the particulars. This is way, as you've been told, that science can't be used to learn about God. For that, you need faith. If your faith isn't strong enough, science can't help you with that.

that's the entire nature of evolutionists, its the doctrine of...

Can't be a doctrine. Depends on evidence, not faith. And it has nothing to say about the supernatural.

As you learned, Darwin attributed the origin of life to God.

communists

As you learned, Stalin imprisoned and killed Darwinians, because Darwin's theory was incompatible with Marxism.

and humanists

As you learned, Humanism is a Christian movement, based on the idea that God loves humanity. You're probably thinking of "secular humanism" which is an oxymoron. At any rate evolutionary theory has nothing to do with either of them.

what's more you can't mean me when you say Christian your church forbids it unless I'm catholic.

You've got that wrong, too.
The Church recognizes that in many ways she is linked with those who, being baptized, are honored with the name of Christian, though they do not profess the faith in its entirety or do not preserve unity of communion with the successor of Peter. (14*) For there are many who honor Sacred Scripture, taking it as a norm of belief and a pattern of life, and who show a sincere zeal. They lovingly believe in God the Father Almighty and in Christ, the Son of God and Saviour. [Quote shortened by Staff] They also share with us in prayer and other spiritual benefits. Likewise we can say that in some real way they are joined with us in the Holy Spirit, for to them too He gives His gifts and graces whereby He is operative among them with His sanctifying power. Some indeed He has strengthened to the extent of the shedding of their blood.
Lumen Gentium
SOLEMNLY PROMULGATED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON NOVEMBER 21, 1964

"People are down on things they aren't up on." - Everett Dirkson

so your reference must mean most catholics

Surprise. If you accept Him as your Savior, and seek to follow him, you're one of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, if i were to look at every little bit of evidence that I could find about a certain subject (any subject) and then publish my thinking about it, well... would that in and of itself make me a liar? Perhaps we could find some who disagree with my thinking and would like to start a smear campaign but then again, perhaps it would just mean that I have a different perspective than others, right?

By the way, I believe (just as Barbarian does) that our Father God is our creator. I can say this (without fear of contradiction): "We believe that He is The Creator and worthy of all praise."

And that, my friends, is no lie.

Greetings, Barb, says the bird in a private aside. My heart has been literally touched and my creative juices are flowing once again. I dreamed of you while I was in my drugged induced stupor, but shhhh.... don't let people hear us say that, because they might think evil of us, right?

Barb, your use of the term "Creationists" almost offends me and would perhaps bend even my tolerance somewhat, brother! Slow your roll a bit, for my sake, please?

Sparrow out.

Last edited:
Hey guys, if i were to look at every little bit of evidence that I could find about a certain subject (any subject) and then publish my thinking about it, well... would that in and of itself make me a liar? Perhaps we could find some who disagree with my thinking and would like to start a smear campaign but then again, perhaps it would just mean that I have a different perspective than others, right? By the way, I believe (just as Barbarian does) that our Father God is our creator. I can say this, without fear of contradiction, "We believe that He is The Creator and worthy of all praise." And that, my friends, is no lie.

Greetings, Barb, says the bird in a private aside. My heart has been literally touched and my creative juices are flowing once again. I dreamed of you while I was in my drugged induced stupor, but shhhh.... don't let people hear us say that, because they might think evil of us, right?

Barb, your use of the term "Creationists" almost offends me and would perhaps bend even my tolerance somewhat, brother! Slow your roll a bit, for my sake, please?

Sparrow out.

I believe that as well. I don't have all the answers about creationism and evolution, but my belief is "God did it." The temptation is that in the heat of discussion some people can put a lot of contempt in the word "creationist."

BTW, welcome back, Sparrowhawke. We've been praying for you, and are glad to hear you're recovering so well.

Greetings, Mike S! Who thew the first stone? Was it Peter or was it Paul? I dunno? Do I care? Do they?

Now, today, after appearing and asking the Lord a very deep and pondering question, after hearing an answer, which I believe is from Him (or from a drugged induced stupor, who can say?) I have a new perspective. Here it is: neither Peter nor Paul care -- they both inherit Christ. They are brothers in Jesus. Now, that being the case, does it really matter? Remember, man - you are but dust.

With my newly touch heart I shout the whisper heard. Jesus is KING!

Good to see you back, Sparrowhawke, and thanks for the addition to my post. I hope people got your drift that I was commenting on the use of the loaded question fallacy, not engaging in it.

Probably, "young-earth creationist" would have been a better choice; after all, creationism blends pretty seamlessly with theistic evolution, if one doesn't add the Adventist doctrine of a literal history in Genesis.

My brother! I am unlike any "young-earth creationist" you've ever met and have so much enjoyed our conversations over the years. I won't disparage the good work of those who inquire into these things but honestly believe that your Father in Heaven will have the Last Word on the matter.

It's perfectly okay to wait on the Lord and then announce the truth after it is revealed. It is also good to grow in wisdom and knowledge as you wait before Him! What was shown to me (in part) is that our God is a God who loves to reveal things to His children. The whole subject ain't over yet.

But I got to go, my sweet son just made some heart-healthy shish-kabobs: Three kinds! Steak, salmon .AND. chicken. I'm eating like a king!

View attachment 4598

If you accept Jesus as your Savior, and seek to follow Him, you are a member of the Body of Christ. A Christian. And therefore, a Catholic, albeit not a Roman Catholic. "Catholic" merely means "all the Christians."

I have probably also drawn this thread off topic what with talking about my surgery and all but really guys, let's stay on topic, shall we?
Please, before any further off-topic discussion ensues, just ask yourself, "Gee, I wonder what the topic of this thread is?" (Hint: Look at the Title) Then, if in your opinion, your reply is not on topic? Simply refrain from using the POST REPLY button. In other words:
:topic

-Sparrow

I believe that as well. I don't have all the answers about creationism and evolution, but my belief is "God did it." The temptation is that in the heat of discussion some people can put a lot of contempt in the word "creationist."

BTW, welcome back, Sparrowhawke. We've been praying for you, and are glad to hear you're recovering so well.
Hi Mike S - and it's nice to see you GREEN. Pardon, but what does Jesus tell us when we feel that others are treating us with contempt? This is way off subject but it is also something that I'm seeking the Lord about personally. What if it went further than "contempt" and actually crossed the boundary so that you were reviled or cursed? WWJD?

We are told that we are to bless those who curse us. So if there is a heated battle in a debate forum, what should we do? I'm thinking we may all benefit from turning our faces away from each other, toward Jesus and repent that we may be healed. I know I need it and if you don't believe me? Just ask my doctors about my blood pressure, right?

Even the title (LIAR, Liar, pants on fire taunt) of this thread is provocative. :oops2 What was I thinking when I let it go and didn't close it down first thing? Oh, yeah. That's right. I was thinking that we, as Christians, might be able to discuss this controversial issue as adults. Tell you what, I'm not one to give up hope. Hope, Faith, Love ---> these are very much worth pursuit.

Thanks for the prayers and please let them continue (I need them). God hears you and there is nothing that you can do for one even as small as a sparrow that He does not see.

Cordially,
~Sparrowhawke

Last edited:
:bump

Evolution is history's greatest hoax / the lie of Darwin's theory

This is the OP. Maybe it's time to watch the video? The thread started out okay... right? The alternative is to say this thread has run its course. I'm willing to leave it open. How about you?

Seems to me, Sparrowhawke, that most posters have stated their view and pretty much solid on where they stand.

Someday, in glory, we can sit down and laugh at the errors of our earthly beliefs.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back