Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Feast of Tabernacles / Sukkot

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

jocor

The Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) is soon approaching (Sept. 28-Oct. 5). This is the true Biblical thanksgiving feast. It was celebrated by all Israel with great joy and feasting. It was such a blessing to keep that Solomon and all Israel kept it for fourteen days instead of the appointed seven days.

"And all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month" (I Kings 8:2).​

"And at that time Solomon held a feast, and all Israel with him, a great congregation, from the entering in of Hamath unto the river of Egypt, seven days and seven days, even fourteen days. On the eighth day he sent the people away: and they blessed the king, and went unto their tents joyful and glad of heart for all the goodness that YHWH had done for David his servant, and for Israel his people" (I Kings 8:65-66).

It is so sad that Christians believe this feast is a burden and to keep it is bondage to the Law. Ironically, to keep such man-made holidays like Christmas and Easter are more joyful to them than this feast in which we thank our Heavenly Father for all the blessings He has provided for us throughout the year.

I encouraged you all to examine what Sukkot is all about and consider celebrating it with your friends and family, not as a means to be justified or saved, but out of love and thankfulness to your Creator.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back