Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] the flc

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

mike had to do the route called FLC, I helped him finish it. its not hard for an more seasoned reader, but he has been with the job less then three months. pray that he finishes it next month. he had a hard time with the alleyways and zig zaging the water meters.

I will be praying for him Jason. By your description I'm not sure why the difficulty, but is just locating them? Thanks.

I will be praying for him Jason. By your description I'm not sure why the difficulty, but is just locating them? Thanks.
no, just the location of where you are at. ie you aren't in front of a house but behind it and approach from the alleyways. some water meters are out front and some aren't and they don't come up in order. I knew the route and hadn't touched it but a few times and remembered the locations when I got the to homes. its something you learn when you do routes.

Prayers for Mike and the route reading, jasonc. It really must be nigh on to a nightmare, having to recall where the meters are on each and every route.

Prayers for Mike and the route reading, jasonc. It really must be nigh on to a nightmare, having to recall where the meters are on each and every route.
no, not really, the machine has notes and there are tricks to locating them. ie a mark of a blue dot or arrow. the ground being a low point where its supposed to be if its not overgrown. the oddest note on my route today is 25 steps past the oak tree. there is no oak tree on that home anymore.

I can see that happening, the directions of steps from an oak tree that is no longer there.

Years ago, on the corner of one of the main streets to reach my street, was a light purple house. We used to list that house when giving directions to people new to my home. Well, the house was eventually torn down and a new house was built. The new one was no longer purple. I caught myself several times listing that purple house in the directions.

I can see that happening, the directions of steps from an oak tree that is no longer there.

Years ago, on the corner of one of the main streets to reach my street, was a light purple house. We used to list that house when giving directions to people new to my home. Well, the house was eventually torn down and a new house was built. The new one was no longer purple. I caught myself several times listing that purple house in the directions.
I need to change that note. old homes nearby that home that you would like. one of them appears to predate the water grid and electric grid

That would be an old home, if it predates the water grid and electric grid. I've always found it as fascinating to discover how retrofits were done to old houses, to allow for central heating, indoor plumbing (full services), shutting off and removing old septic line/fields.

That would be an old home, if it predates the water grid and electric grid. I've always found it as fascinating to discover how retrofits were done to old houses, to allow for central heating, indoor plumbing (full services), shutting off and removing old septic line/fields.
about a hundred years. a lot of those are still lived in. my wifes family has one for sale. it is mentioned in a link I posted.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back