Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Great Gospel Deception

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Geo

The Great Gospel Deception by David Servant

This book examines the modern gospel that is so popular in America and around the globe, but that is often lacking when compared to the gospel of the Bible. The primary difference is that the modern gospel portrays a grace that is foreign to Scripture, a grace that is actually a license to sin. Whereas the gospel of the Bible reveals a grace from God that offers people a limited time to repent and a promise of freedom from sin. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more" (John 8:11). You can be certain that if that woman continued in her sin, when she stood at Christ's judgment seat after her death, she did not hear the same words again. Likewise, God is graciously giving every person a limited opportunity to repent, so that each person will stand before Him forgiven and striving to follow Him to "enter though the narrow gate" (Matt. 7:13).

at Amazon or online / pdf at:
https://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/false_grace_gospel

You can be certain that if that woman continued in her sin, when she stood at Christ's judgment seat after her death, she did not hear the same words again.

I have a small issue with this, Christ told us to pray daily for the forgiveness of our sins. This tells me that daily we will sin. Everyone sins daily. I am a sinner, I do not purposefully go out and sin, yet I sin daily. I sometimes sin when I don't even know I am sinning as in psalm 19. Are you telling me when I go to heaven Jesus is going to spit me into hell! You might need to emphasize your point in light of the Gospel and explain this limited oppotunity? I am all for exposing false teachings so if there is something in your argument, I am all ears.

Ahh, above synopsis is the entry statement of the author on his site, not my comment, so the conclusion of the matter is answered in chapter 1 to chapter 12 in the book itself. It's available in print, html pages online and as pdf download.

I also had a "small issue with this" but it's resolved now, in light of scripture. Very good book.

Geo said:
The Great Gospel Deception by David Servant

This book examines the modern gospel that is so popular in America and around the globe, but that is often lacking when compared to the gospel of the Bible. The primary difference is that the modern gospel portrays a grace that is foreign to Scripture, a grace that is actually a license to sin. Whereas the gospel of the Bible reveals a grace from God that offers people a limited time to repent and a promise of freedom from sin. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more" (John 8:11). You can be certain that if that woman continued in her sin, when she stood at Christ's judgment seat after her death, she did not hear the same words again. Likewise, God is graciously giving every person a limited opportunity to repent, so that each person will stand before Him forgiven and striving to follow Him to "enter though the narrow gate" (Matt. 7:13).

at Amazon or online / pdf at:
https://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/false_grace_gospel

Then saith Jesus unto them again, Peace be unto you, as Abba Amma hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this he breathed on them and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit; preach the Gospel, and anounce ye unto all nations; the resurrection of the Son of Man. Teach ye the holy law of love which I have delivered unto you. And whosoever forsake their sins, they are remitted unto them, and whosoever continue in their sins they are retained unto them. And he said unto them. Love ye one another and all the creatures of God. Yet I say unto you, not all are men, who are in the form of man. Are they men or women in the image of God whose ways are ways of violence, of oppression and wrong, who choose a lie rather than the truth? Nay, verily, till they are born again, and receive the Spirit of Love and Wisdom within their hearts. Then only are they sons and daughters of Israel, and being of Israel they are children of God, And for this cause came I into the world, and for this I have suffered at the hands of sinners. These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. And Jesus said, I stood in the midst of the world, and in the flesh was I seen and heard, and I found all men glutted with their own pleasures, and drunk with their own follies, and none found I hungry or athirst for the wisdom which is of God. My soul grieveth over the sons and daughters of men because they are blind in their heart, and in their soul are they deaf and hear not my voice.

Reminds me of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. He wasn't a fan of Free Grace theology either. Just say the sinner's prayer and live however you want to live after that. No. David said I would never offer the Lord something that costs me nothing. Being a disciple of Jesus, there's a price to pay. Dying to self, crucifying the flesh, etc.

We are promised freedom from sin. This doesn't mean we will never sin, it just means sin no longer has dominion over us. We have been delivered from the authority of darkness (Colossians 1:13).

I have a small issue with this, Christ told us to pray daily for the forgiveness of our sins. This tells me that daily we will sin. Everyone sins daily. I am a sinner, I do not purposefully go out and sin, yet I sin daily. I sometimes sin when I don't even know I am sinning as in psalm 19. Are you telling me when I go to heaven Jesus is going to spit me into hell! You might need to emphasize your point in light of the Gospel and explain this limited oppotunity? I am all for exposing false teachings so if there is something in your argument, I am all ears.

If you say you are a sinner then it means that you are willfully sinning, living in and loving sin. On the other hand a person that have been born of God is not perfect and do sin, but they are righteous……I see no scripture where God refer to us as sinners. So the difference between a sinner and a righteous person is that the righteous person strives against sin, while the sinner does not.

1st Timothy 1:15

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst."

In Christianity, I think that more often than not we are all in agreement on most topics (perhaps more than we realize). But Paul in this verse is expressing a heart issue. In his heart he hated sin (Romans 7:24 "wretched man that I am...") but the fact that he continually struggled with sin (note the present tense of "am" in the above verse) was a humbling factor in his life. He wasn't boasting of his sin the way the world does. He was boasting of the gospel. The gospel that is big enough to save the "Chief of Sinners". To walk according the Spirit (as opposed to the flesh) does not indicate (by my understanding) that we will no longer fall into sin, but that the Spirit will lovingly convict us of that sin and continually lead us to repentance of it. I could go on and on with this, but the last 2 verses I will site are Phillipians 2:12-13:

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

"Continue to work out your Salvation" to me indicates that sinlessness is NOT a prerequisite to salvation. If it was, there would be nothing to "work out". But it is incredibly paramount to read onto verse 13. The Holy Spirit does bring change and renewal. For some people, more on the front end of salvation than others. We must keep in mind as believers that even though we still struggle with sin, Christ does reside in us, and He will continue to "work in us to will and act" accordingly.

It appears the church today is not identifying sins that lead to death in a way the apostle Paul did in many of his writings

"be not deceived neither those who do this that and the other will by no means enter the kingdom of God"
I like Paul he tells it like it is, stop sinning and do what is right

I think the most lacking teaching in the bible is the one about teaching people to control the thoughts they allow their minds to think about

all sin begins as a mere thought, hold a tight leash on your mind, and you would be amazed at how much control you can have over your flesh

It appears the church today is not identifying sins that lead to death in a way the apostle Paul did in many of his writings

"be not deceived neither those who do this that and the other will by no means enter the kingdom of God"

I think the most lacking teaching in the bible is the one about teaching people to control the thoughts they allow their minds to think about

all sin begins as a mere thought, hold a tight leash on your mind, and you would be amazed at how much control you can have over your flesh
Blessings,

God said He will never ever impute sin(s) on the Believer who became the righteousness of Christ by faith when they became born-again. All believers have been seated in Heavenly places. So there is no need to keep trying to get victory since we already have victory. No one will go to hell then the lake of fire for sin(s). However they will go to hell and then to the lake of fire for rejecting Jesus.

Blessings,

God said He will never ever impute sin(s) on the Believer who became the righteousness of Christ by faith when they became born-again. All believers have been seated in Heavenly places. So there is no need to keep trying to get victory since we already have victory. No one will go to hell then the lake of fire for sin(s). However they will go to hell and then to the lake of fire for rejecting Jesus.

As Christian Believers we are tested everyday to prepare us for Heaven. Ask yourself what is my purpose for life. The word of God has told us that earth is our temporary residents.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats interesting! no need to try and overcome sins, I'm just curious as why nobody ever sent Jesus that memo, seems in his rebukes to the seven churches, that overcoming sins was at the top of His list, and that failure to overcome had some pretty drastic results

yet you say nobody needs to try to get victory over sin........hmmmm who should I believe?............i think I'll stick with Jesus, and His words against lawlessness

thats interesting! no need to try and overcome sins, I'm just curious as why nobody ever sent Jesus that memo, seems in his rebukes to the seven churches, that overcoming sins was at the top of His list, and that failure to overcome had some pretty drastic results

yet you say nobody needs to try to get victory over sin........hmmmm who should I believe?............i think I'll stick with Jesus, and His words against lawlessness
Jesus said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17
When you don't believe you have victory for what Jesus has done for us on the Cross, you reject Jesus and fall out of Grace.

so I'm guessing the homosexual can continue in his or her lifestyle banking on the shed blood of Jesus to cover their sins, and trying to leave this perverse lifestyle and changing they would no longer be under grace, is this your assumption?

Please explain this bolded statement. It seems as if you think you have power in and of yourself to control your flesh. How do you do this?

well I once was powerless over my flesh, and every lustful craving was given into, I cried out to God to save me from my own depravity and it seemed like there was no answer, because nomatter how hard I tried, I always gave in to what my mind longed for

then a verse just grabbed me, It stated that we are to hold every thought accountable to Christ.........then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I had never given the Lord my mind, I allowed my mind to lust and fantasize all day long, it was unleashed and it caused my flesh to over power my will to restrain myself from any self gratifying behaviors

so I started rebuking sinful thoughts that came into my mind, and at first it was relentless, every two minutes I was mumbling "I rebuke that thought in Jesus name, weeks went by, and then months, after awhile I was really starting to do it with out even thinking about it

I didn't find the victory I have now over night, it took quite a while but I was determined to filter my mind of sinful sexual thoughts, after a while I realized how little it took to rebuke the lie these spirits try to plant in my head.

there was a song I used to sing, before I got free, and it was the truth, It said "holyness holyness is what I long for, holyness is what I need, holyness is what you want from me, and the chorus added Righteousness as well

the truth is thats what I really wanted, I subjected my mind to understand that at anytime when my flesh wanted what it was used to getting, THAT WAS A LIE! as everytime I gave in to these lust I would feel terrible moments after, so then I had to tell myself SEE YOUR BEING DECEIVED! your flesh is trying to get you to do somthing that you really don't want to do

now since my mind is holding every thought accountable to Christ, and I understand that the flesh is a liar, I nolonger have any trouble over these things that once held me as a complete captive, and I make it a point to try to share this with everybody that is trapped in these kinds of sins

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back