Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The key to understanding the endtime prophecies and events...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JohnD

... is the knowledge that God is still employing his Hebrew plan.

God never gave up on saving the Jews.

In fact, part of the reason he went ahead with his Gentile portion of the plan was to provoke Jews to jealousy (to save them, if they did not persist in unbelief).

The purpose for the 70th Week of two (yes two) tribulation periods (3.5 years each) is to get Israel to cry out to Jesus for saving from Armageddon's total annihilation. They will have tried all else and will as a last resort cry out to Jesus. And he will come (the second coming).

What other purpose could a tribulation of the lost serve a beneficent God?
To clobber the condemned to hell before they go?

The rapture will happen at the end of the believer's tribulation* in the first half of the 70th Week of Daniel*.

*Revelation 13:5-10 and 16-18, Revelation 12:17, Revelation 3:10, Daniel 12:12.

The key to understanding the endtime prophecies and events...

"Faith"

The Children as described in Rev are those that obey Gods commands and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

I disagree with any pretrib rapture. I do believe that at the 2nd coming Jesus will gather His elect from the ends of the heavens which includes those left alive on earth. They will be caught up and changed (clothed with immortality)

Rev 16:15 They will be surprised (the world that follows the beast at that time) because they have not believed in the Fathers testimony. Even the powerful sign given in Rev 11. 1260 days of preaching and the sign of rising from the dead after 3 1/2 days.

Randy

The key to understanding the endtime prophecies and events... "Perspective"

Change your perspective and you'll change your understanding. Hopefully adding to it rather than just supplanting earlier notions.

There is no key to understanding end-time prophecies. People either have eyes to see what the prophecies mean, or they do not. The scriptures involving Babylon the great and the man of lawlessness have all come to fruition, yet this end-time generation of Christian believers do not have eyes to see it. It's why Jesus said to the Laodecian church in Revelation 3:18,

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich: and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

There is a method for interpreting prophecy. It involves recognition of the patterns God has set before us. Ours is a celestial religion and so it is to the heavens we should look to discover the patterns that reveal the nature of the Almighty. All that has gone before is part of a reoccurring theme. The names change. The visions shift. But the essentials remain the same. All that is within our universe is part of a reoccurring pattern. God reveals His nature to us through the pattern. I am not writing of astrology, but instead a holy science God taught to the ancients. In time that science was corrupted by greed and the lust for power. Yet, the science remains--though hidden. Thankfully truth forever seeks light.

When some one says to me me "I have the key" it is most often the key to my skepticism
Greetings, Reba. Your stance is fully understandable. However, although I don't claim to possess the key to fully understanding all prophecy I ask that you consider that some people are more gifted in certain areas than the general public. God grants His gifts to whomsoever He chooses. This is especially obvious when it comes to me, because I have lived so much of my life in a particularly un-christian fashion. I was only released from federal prison -- after 24 years -- two weeks ago. It was while recovering from cancer and a MRSA infection that God led me down a very strange path and showed me the Way of Truth that leads to Life.

Talk about a skeptic! I knew just about every philosophical argument against the existence of God. The things that were required before I accepted truth would certainly shock you. That story and the things I was shown are in a book I wrote: "Secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven". It is on kindle, only published a couple of days ago and you can read it for free if you have Kindle Prime rights. Decide for yourself whether of not I have the key. If I do it is certainly a gift from God. If I do not then I am merely insane, or terribly confused.

Well Tim i was not directing my statement to you just in general... ....
However, although I don't claim to possess the key to fully understanding all prophecy I ask that you consider that some people are more gifted in certain areas than the general public. God grants His gifts to whomsoever He chooses.
Amen to this... :)

I hope you have found some welcome this side of prison...

Thank you for abiding by the rules and not posting a link to your book! When we get to know ya a bit links are allowed... :thumbsup Welcome to CFnet...we are a bunch of Gods kids from different places...

Well Tim i was not directing my statement to you just in general... .... Amen to this... :)

I hope you have found some welcome this side of prison...

Thank you for abiding by the rules and not posting a link to your book! When we get to know ya a bit links are allowed... :thumbsup Welcome to CFnet...we are a bunch of Gods kids from different places...
I am currently in a halfway house. All is going well. Thank you for asking. I am new at this stuff (the net did not yet exist when I went to prison) so please forgive me if I err in how I attempt to communicate my views. I of course think that I have something of importance to say (doesn't everyone?) but I don't wish to come off as a know-it-all. Anyway, I offer the following:

The wars of which Christ spoke in Matthew 24 exist on several levels -- simultaneously. While physical wars will certainly occur in abundance during the end times, these are perhaps not the best indicators of what Christ meant to convey. There have always been wars and rumors of wars in abundance. Jesus was more concerned with spiritual occurrences than physical. He did not come to save our bodies, but our souls. I think the wars would best be understood as intense internal struggles, spiritual battles between the forces of light and darkness. Something will happen that will place these battles at the forefront of people's minds throughout the world.

The famines of which He spoke could refer to a lack of spiritual nourishment. Thought the lacking of the Bread of Life many will fall into sin and will betray one another, even family, which should be holy.

The earthquakes represent the shaking of the foundation of our shared reality. Here the Earth is a symbol of consciousness, and the quakes are brought about by conflicting viewpoints, perhaps instigated by some occurrence witnessed by the entire planet.

Nation against nation, kingdom against kingdom: Is. 19 offers a key to interpretation of this prophecy, because the patterns are motifs, or repeated images forming a design. I believe that a great deal of scripture can only be properly understood by viewing it as allegorical. But I also realize that allegorical interpretation is difficult and little understood and so can be used to mislead innocent people.

Are my responses too long and involved?

Length about right :thumbsup
if I err in how I attempt to communicate my views
we all do that... so you will fit right in...
Some of us will agree with some wont....

My favorite paragraph of our TOS (terms of service...) this segment has been very helpful to me.

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

This post of mine is off topic .....any thing we can do to help ya get around the site just holler some one will help ya... so for now :topic

The question is how can we recognize Divine revelation when we receive it? You say that understanding of the Key of David will open one's eyes. What do you think the key of David is?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back