Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Return of Food Polls! Salad Dressings!

What is your favorite salad dressing?

• Oil and Vinegar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italian

• French

• Ranch

• Other(will name in a post below)

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you are looking to talk about the health of salad dressings, please start a thread in sports and nutricina. This is just to discuss favorite dressings.

Fat-free Thousand Island! It's good on salads, and I also just love dipping either baby carrots, or, if I'm in a "crunchy munchy" mood, Marie Callendar Garlic Croutons. Mmmmmmmm.

Washed down with either a Pepsi or Sweet Tea, of course!!!! :lol:

Asian with Ginger and Sesame :smt014 It's the absolute best salad dressing ever! and it's healthy too. (those smiley's are speaking some foreign language, right?). It tastes great on salad but I've also had it used for a chicken marinade. it's the best

Nothing come close to Uncle Dan's!

UDOriginalSouthern_Dressing.jpg

People who like Ranch dressing seem to like the dressing better than the salad. They'll pour a cup of dressing on 2 leaves of lettuce. :roll: 8-)

There is a small restaurant in Weatherford, Texas outside of fort worth called The Tea Room.

They have a salad dressing the owner makes home made from jalapenos, thyme, ginger, and spices. Sounds gross I know, I thought it would be. But I ordered it and I swear that she puts some illegal substance in it because I can't stop eating it. When I am there I will buy 3 bottles if she has enough and eat it on everything. It makes the best salads. Anyway that stuff is the best dressing in the world, but when I am not there I just go with Oil n Vinegar.

Blazin Bones said:
Secret recipes have a tendency to be good even if it sounds gross.
I found out years ago the secret ingredient in the Buttonwood Manor house dressing is (drumroll)... anchovies!

Don't cringe, you'd never know it... but they did let us taste it before adding the pureed fishies and it just wasn't the same. (my sister had her wedding reception there; that's why i'm privvie to this info)

Anchovies are great in salad dressing. Most any good Caesar dressing will have it in it. I make a Spicy Chiptole Caesar with plenty of anchovies and it is one of my favorite homemade dressings.

Vault, if the recipe isn't a secret, why don't you share it? Chipolte Ceasear sounds pretty good!

Sure. its not really a secret. I got it off of allrecipes.com a while back. Now, I will warn you, this is not for the faint of palate. The flavor all around is robust, but of course it is a Caesar dressing :)

Also, be careful with the chipotle. I always puree mine, and then taste a dab. Hotness varies even in canned ones, so be careful not to over do it. The first time I made this me and my family were literally perspiring by the time we finished our salads. So back off the chipotle to a half teaspoon, or just use the sauce and do not puree the whole thing if you are not into spicy. Also, I kick up the anchovies and parm when it is just gonna be for me.

Here are the ingredients:
1 tablespoon prepared mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotles
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon capers
5 anchovy fillets
8 cloves garlic
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 - ounce piece of parmesan cheese, shaved

Put all the ingredients, except the oil and vinegar, in a food processor (or a blender will work in a pinch) and process until coarsely blended. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Slowly mix in the oil, then mix in the vinegar. If the dressing is vary thick, mix in a little water.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back