Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth The True Message Of Grace

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

iLOVE

Proverbs 28:13 – “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

THE TRUE MESSAGE OF grace is a message that must be heard by the modern church. For centuries an incorrect view of law and its purpose has placed the Protestant church in horrific bondage. We have mistakenly assumed that we could be saved by faith and then later, sanctified by religious efforts, by works, or by consecration to the things of God. Nothing could be more inaccurate.

The truth is, we are progressively sanctified in the same manner in which we are saved. With the object of our faith centered upon the person of Christ and the finished work of Christ, the Holy Spirit becomes free to maneuver, to change, to take out, and to add all that is needed relative to the heart of the believer. So, I applaud every voice and every Christian who proclaims loudly and clearly that the process of grace and faith is the proper process necessary for Christian growth.

However, I am saddened to have to say that in the last 10 years, several major platforms have been raised up for voices preaching a message of grace. They are moving the believer from faith in works to faith in Christ, and for this I am grateful to the Lord. However, some very grievous doctrines have begun to surface in some of the platforms proclaiming grace. I am sure that this is Satan’s effort to belittle and besmirch the true message of grace, the Message of the Cross.

COVERING YOUR SIN

Sin is always the problem that faces humanity. It matters not whether you have been saved for 30 years or three minutes, sin is still the problem. The believer, not yet in a glorified state, has a sin nature remaining within him that contains the potential for dominating him if it is not addressed properly. Romans, Chapter 6, teaches us that the power of the sin nature remains dormant and will not affect the believer whose faith is in Christ and Him crucified.

However, even with the sin nature silenced, the capability for sinning, or missing the mark, still exists. If we ignore sin, either acts of sin or the sin nature, the results are disastrous. While it is true that justification is not reversed by an act of sin, it is also true that justification can be reversed if our faith fails. Unconfessed sin eats away at the fabric of our faith and weakens our relationship with God.

Some are teaching that there is no need to confess one’s sins unto the Lord. They teach that confessing something with which God has already dealt at Calvary is a sign of unbelief. How horribly wrong that is! An unwillingness to wash away your sin in the constant flow of Christ's intermediary work is an act of unbelief, not properly confessing your fault to God. I am 100 percent sure that when I take my sin to Jesus, He washes me white as snow. I do not move in and out of salvation every time I fail the Lord. Justification is a far more powerful truth than that.

However, if I fail to confess my sin, my relationship to the Lord is greatly impeded, much like a friend whom you have offended. If the situation isn't amended, it's very likely that the relationship will begin to fail.

Not only are we to repent of our sin unto the Lord, but we are also to forsake it. This always requires more power than any human can muster. The worst thing that we could do is attempt to ignore the problem based on a faulty doctrine.

Grace not only opens up the door for me to be forgiven, it is also the power by which I overcome the sin and weight that is presently coming against me. Once I have confessed, I also need to be granted the delivering power from God to overcome these issues. None of this is possible when I ignore my problems or push away the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. He guides me into all truth, both right and wrong!

FAILURE TO PROSPER

It is impossible to be blessed when we violate God's procedures or instructions. Believers should quickly realize that God will often hold back blessings from us when we fail to acknowledge or be honest about our current condition. If I view sin in a wrong way, or if I fail to correct my problems in the means outlined in Scripture, I can guarantee that spiritual prosperity, physical well-being, and financial gain will be hindered or even eliminated.

The Bible doesn’t teach that failing to prosper is a sin. However, many times, it does reveal to us that sin can cause the lack of prosperity. There is no hope of prospering biblically without adhering to all of the process regarding salvation.

Confession of our sins is not to be ignored, made fun of, or rejected. It is to be practiced. After confession of sin, we are to continually believe God for the delivering power needed to free us permanently from the act(s) of sin we have committed. There are no exceptions!

Pastor Loren Larson - JSM

hey, iLove.

once again, you've posted some pure gold. I think I'm going to check out the Son Life ministry archives for some more quality material.

Proverbs 28:13 – “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

THE TRUE MESSAGE OF grace is a message that must be heard by the modern church. For centuries an incorrect view of law and its purpose has placed the Protestant church in horrific bondage. We have mistakenly assumed that we could be saved by faith and then later, sanctified by religious efforts, by works, or by consecration to the things of God. Nothing could be more inaccurate.

The truth is, we are progressively sanctified in the same manner in which we are saved. With the object of our faith centered upon the person of Christ and the finished work of Christ, the Holy Spirit becomes free to maneuver, to change, to take out, and to add all that is needed relative to the heart of the believer. So, I applaud every voice and every Christian who proclaims loudly and clearly that the process of grace and faith is the proper process necessary for Christian growth.

However, I am saddened to have to say that in the last 10 years, several major platforms have been raised up for voices preaching a message of grace. They are moving the believer from faith in works to faith in Christ, and for this I am grateful to the Lord. However, some very grievous doctrines have begun to surface in some of the platforms proclaiming grace. I am sure that this is Satan’s effort to belittle and besmirch the true message of grace, the Message of the Cross.

COVERING YOUR SIN

Sin is always the problem that faces humanity. It matters not whether you have been saved for 30 years or three minutes, sin is still the problem. The believer, not yet in a glorified state, has a sin nature remaining within him that contains the potential for dominating him if it is not addressed properly. Romans, Chapter 6, teaches us that the power of the sin nature remains dormant and will not affect the believer whose faith is in Christ and Him crucified.

However, even with the sin nature silenced, the capability for sinning, or missing the mark, still exists. If we ignore sin, either acts of sin or the sin nature, the results are disastrous. While it is true that justification is not reversed by an act of sin, it is also true that justification can be reversed if our faith fails. Unconfessed sin eats away at the fabric of our faith and weakens our relationship with God.

Some are teaching that there is no need to confess one’s sins unto the Lord. They teach that confessing something with which God has already dealt at Calvary is a sign of unbelief. How horribly wrong that is! An unwillingness to wash away your sin in the constant flow of Christ's intermediary work is an act of unbelief, not properly confessing your fault to God. I am 100 percent sure that when I take my sin to Jesus, He washes me white as snow. I do not move in and out of salvation every time I fail the Lord. Justification is a far more powerful truth than that.

However, if I fail to confess my sin, my relationship to the Lord is greatly impeded, much like a friend whom you have offended. If the situation isn't amended, it's very likely that the relationship will begin to fail.

Not only are we to repent of our sin unto the Lord, but we are also to forsake it. This always requires more power than any human can muster. The worst thing that we could do is attempt to ignore the problem based on a faulty doctrine.

Grace not only opens up the door for me to be forgiven, it is also the power by which I overcome the sin and weight that is presently coming against me. Once I have confessed, I also need to be granted the delivering power from God to overcome these issues. None of this is possible when I ignore my problems or push away the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. He guides me into all truth, both right and wrong!

FAILURE TO PROSPER

It is impossible to be blessed when we violate God's procedures or instructions. Believers should quickly realize that God will often hold back blessings from us when we fail to acknowledge or be honest about our current condition. If I view sin in a wrong way, or if I fail to correct my problems in the means outlined in Scripture, I can guarantee that spiritual prosperity, physical well-being, and financial gain will be hindered or even eliminated.

The Bible doesn’t teach that failing to prosper is a sin. However, many times, it does reveal to us that sin can cause the lack of prosperity. There is no hope of prospering biblically without adhering to all of the process regarding salvation.

Confession of our sins is not to be ignored, made fun of, or rejected. It is to be practiced. After confession of sin, we are to continually believe God for the delivering power needed to free us permanently from the act(s) of sin we have committed. There are no exceptions!

Pastor Larson, there is much truth in what you say here, and I really do like and identify with your statement about grace and faith working sanctification in us the same as it works justification. But there is one statement that I can't agree with:
it is also true that justification can be reversed if our faith fails.
This idea is a traditional idea that should have been resolved by Reformation Doctrine. The Bible says:
"God is the one who justifies, who is he who condemns?" (Rom.)
"We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things." (1 Jn.)
"We are kept by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Pet.)

So, if we are kept by the power of God, then how can our faith fail? - assuming, of course that our faith is true and Biblical. Since saving faith is the gift of God (Eph. 3:8), the power of God keeps us in it, and it cannot fail because it is God's gift. The point is, that our personal faith in Christ is the result of the power of God working in us, not the cause!

Once we really get this truth, there is no going back (it would be impossible), because our faith then is 100% in God and not in ourselves in the least. So then, it is not true at all that justification can be reversed. To say that is to imply that spiritual rebirth can be reversed, and God's new creation in us could be reversed. To imply that is to lack 100% of faith being directed toward God. Falling short.

What then is the motivation to serve God if fear of losing justification is taken away completely? (1) Love for God, (2) appreciation for what Christ has done, (3) desire to hold on to the precious peace we have, (4) desire to please God, (5) desire to be Christlike - need I go on? Heb. 9:14. "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
TD:)

Pastor Larson, there is much truth in what you say here, and I really do like and identify with your statement about grace and faith working sanctification in us the same as it works justification. But there is one statement that I can't agree with:

This idea is a traditional idea that should have been resolved by Reformation Doctrine. The Bible says:
"God is the one who justifies, who is he who condemns?" (Rom.)
"We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things." (1 Jn.)
"We are kept by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Pet.)

So, if we are kept by the power of God, then how can our faith fail? - assuming, of course that our faith is true and Biblical. Since saving faith is the gift of God (Eph. 3:8), the power of God keeps us in it, and it cannot fail because it is God's gift. The point is, that our personal faith in Christ is the result of the power of God working in us, not the cause!

Once we really get this truth, there is no going back (it would be impossible), because our faith then is 100% in God and not in ourselves in the least. So then, it is not true at all that justification can be reversed. To say that is to imply that spiritual rebirth can be reversed, and God's new creation in us could be reversed. To imply that is to lack 100% of faith being directed toward God. Falling short.

What then is the motivation to serve God if fear of losing justification is taken away completely? (1) Love for God, (2) appreciation for what Christ has done, (3) desire to hold on to the precious peace we have, (4) desire to please God, (5) desire to be Christlike - need I go on? Heb. 9:14. "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

First: I approved this post because it's well written and deserves consideration.
2. I happen to be in full agreement with this post (full disclosure)
3. Pastor Larson offered his perspective, here is another.
4. This is NOT an invitation to begin an endless OSAS debate.
5. We bring different perspectives to our Faith and won't always see things the same way. This has always been the case.

God is for us, not against us. There is much to disagree with Pastor Larson on and much to agree with. Since he's not here to answer questions, I personally won't argue points of contention. I will rather take the thrust of his message and consider how in my own life I may learn from perspective and see how it has applied (or is applying!).

I have covered sin. Sometimes knowingly, other times not. But God remained faithful to me and kept me until that time when I was confronted with those sins (see how David was confronted). It was then, when confronted with those sins, that my reaction to that confrontation would tell where my heart was. It was for love that I was confronted because God wants what's best for us. When we sin, it doesn't push God away; rather, it drags us down. He seeks our good. Which is why while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. He came to us! And He pursues us! The Hound of Heaven! http://houndofheaven.com/

my thoughts: PZ

I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown Titanic glooms of chasmed fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace,
Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
They beat--and a Voice beat
More instant than the Feet--
"All things betray thee, who betrayest Me."

This is free on Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Hound-Heaven...keywords=the+hound+of+heaven+francis+thompson

imo its not so much our faith failing..if i fail and i have.its not because i failed in my faith so to speak..but it is me i am the one .i bear the responsibility. our sin nature is there but do we fail to crucify it at our cross . yes our salvation is kept by the power of God . not a license or reason to sin .but if not careful we will

imo its not so much our faith failing..if i fail and i have.its not because i failed in my faith so to speak..but it is me i am the one .i bear the responsibility. our sin nature is there but do we fail to crucify it at our cross . yes our salvation is kept by the power of God . not a license or reason to sin .but if not careful we will
If we forget that we are cleansed from our past sins (2 Pet. 1:9), then is not our faith failing? The gospel is: Jesus came to save us from our sins. If our faith in God is such that we go through temptation without sinning, then our faith is the vehicle by which God made us victors over it (1 Jn. 5:4).

Just as there are 2 levels of mind - conscious and unconscious - in which we operate from both levels, so also there are 2 levels of faith in which we operate. If our unconscious level of faith is strong, we will continue in the direction of God's will, no matter what happens or what we do in any given moment, even if our conscious level of faith fails to obtain victory in that moment.

My point is that both faith levels become strong when we are consciously and unconsciously aware that God's power is with us to work godliness in us at all times (Phil. 2:12-13). If we are unaware that God keeps us, then our faith is already failing.

If we forget that we are cleansed from our past sins (2 Pet. 1:9), then is not our faith failing? The gospel is: Jesus came to save us from our sins. If our faith in God is such that we go through temptation without sinning, then our faith is the vehicle by which God made us victors over it (1 Jn. 5:4).

Just as there are 2 levels of mind - conscious and unconscious - in which we operate from both levels, so also there are 2 levels of faith in which we operate. If our unconscious level of faith is strong, we will continue in the direction of God's will, no matter what happens or what we do in any given moment, even if our conscious level of faith fails to obtain victory in that moment.

My point is that both faith levels become strong when we are consciously and unconsciously aware that God's power is with us to work godliness in us at all times (Phil. 2:12-13). If we are unaware that God keeps us, then our faith is already failing.
AMP Romans 12:3
For by the grace [of God] given to me I say to everyone of you not to think more highly of himself [and of his importance and ability] than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has apportioned to each a degree of faith [and a purpose designed for service].

If we forget how easily we sinned in the past we set ourselves up for target practice by the Demons. i.e. I can never forget my days on the stage and the lust that drove me to young women. I always remember this passage in the word for word form and as explained in the Amplified. The easiest pathway into sin is to forget who it is that Yashuah saved and from what.

AMP Romans 12:3
For by the grace [of God] given to me I say to everyone of you not to think more highly of himself [and of his importance and ability] than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has apportioned to each a degree of faith [and a purpose designed for service].

If we forget how easily we sinned in the past we set ourselves up for target practice by the Demons. i.e. I can never forget my days on the stage and the lust that drove me to young women. I always remember this passage in the word for word form and as explained in the Amplified. The easiest pathway into sin is to forget who it is that Yashuah saved and from what.
Agreed, pride is a downfall. Sometimes we must remember the pain our sin causes ourselves and others as partial motivation for resisting temptation.

COVERING YOUR SIN

FAILURE TO PROSPER

I believe the scriptures teach us that grace is the power and ability of the Holy Spirit given to us, to empower us to walk in dominion over sin.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11-12

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back