Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Vision of Isaiah 2:1-5 Soon to be Fulfilled

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

TrevorL

The Vision of Isaiah 2:1-5 Soon to be Fulfilled

The vision of Isaiah 2:1-5 depicts the aftermath of the Battle of Armageddon, when Jesus will have returned to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth, with the Temple built and Jesus will be reigning as King / Priest on the Throne of David in Jerusalem. The significant remnant of the Jews will be converted and the surrounding nations subjected. These nations will come up to Jerusalem to worship and to learn God’s ways.

Isaiah 2:1–5 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Events over the years have been happening slowly, but the pace could now be quickening up and we need to be prepared for the return of Jesus. The Temple was destroyed in AD 70, and the Jews were taken into captivity and Jerusalem had been trodden down by the Gentiles for most of the last 2000 years Luke 21:24. But there has been a gradual progress towards the fulfillment of Isaiah 2. There have been many contributing factors, and many milestones. Mentioning a few, there was Theodor Herzl and his advocacy of a Jewish State in 1897, the Balfour Declaration in 1917, the gradual return of the Jews to the Holy Land as prophesied, the formation of the State of Israel 1947-1948, the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967 in fulfillment of the 2300 years of Daniel 8:13-14. We have yet to determine the outcome of the present troubles, and most probably things will settle down for a while, but it is possible that the present troubles and the realignment of nations against Israel will set up and precipitate the events surrounding the Battle of Armageddon.

Blessed is he that watches and loves the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ who will soon come to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth as prophesied in Isaiah 2:1-5, Revelation 16:15, 2 Timothy 4:1,6-8.

Kind regards
Trevor

I would like to add a few more perspectives on Isaiah 2:1-5.

I had heard that there was a plaque or inscription of this passage somewhere near the United Nations building. I did a search and there is a very large inscription on a nearby wall, and one very clear picture has the following description: “A 1958 view of the famous biblical ‘swords into plowshares/ploughshares’ quote engraved on steps on First Avenue opposite the new United Nations building in New York, USA in 1948. The quotation is from Isaiah 2:4.”

There is also a bronze statue in the grounds of the UN donated by the USSR in 1959 and the picture that I viewed has the title attached which says “Let Us Beat Swords Into Plowshares”. The statue depicts a swarthy blacksmith beating a sword into a plough.

Perhaps never before in recent history does this depict the failure of the UN to bring about peace and the final cessation of war. The war in Gaza rages on, and Russia is at war with Ukraine.

Another perspective is the context of Isaiah 2:1-5. I suggest that the prophecy was given during the reign of Uzziah, a king noted for his military prowess and skilful instruments of war. The rest of Isaiah chapter 2 prophecies of an earthquake and we need to refer to Amos 1:1 and Zechariah 14:5 to find out that a major earthquake happened during Uzziah’s reign.

Uzziah may have brought peace for a while, but it was not lasting, as Israel and Syria started to invade Judah in Ahaz’s reign and then the Assyrian power started to make inroads into Israel and Judah. It was not until Hezekiah’s time, and Hezekiah’s great trust in God and his intercessory prayer that Isaiah 2:1-5 became typically fulfilled.

I suggest that Isaiah 2:1-5 speaks out clearly against Israel and their present trust in their armaments and warfare, and in this they are like Uzziah. In contrast it will only be when Jesus returns as the Prince of Peace that Isaiah 2:1-4 will be fulfilled. Jesus is the greater fulfilment of all that was typified by the sufferings and exaltation of Hezekiah.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello, for some reason I see that totally different. Isaiah is seeing the last 3 1/2 years of earth. A time when most all city's around the world are destroyed and God has told them to head to the mountains before the destruction. I see the kingdom of this world going to heaven.

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Jesus also says this.

33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I would like to know why you think of this that way just curious.

Greetings Ezekiel,
Hello, for some reason I see that totally different. Isaiah is seeing the last 3 1/2 years of earth. A time when most all city's around the world are destroyed and God has told them to head to the mountains before the destruction. I see the kingdom of this world going to heaven.
I understand that Jesus will return to establish His Kingdom on the earth for the 1000 years. The Hebrew Christians were warned to flee Jerusalem when the Roman armies first surrounded Jerusalem in AD 70. It is not relevant to the 2nd Coming. Please consider my explanation of the 3 1/2 years as 1260 years in the following thread.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings Ezekiel,

I understand that Jesus will return to establish His Kingdom on the earth for the 1000 years. The Hebrew Christians were warned to flee Jerusalem when the Roman armies first surrounded Jerusalem in AD 70. It is not relevant to the 2nd Coming. Please consider my explanation of the 3 1/2 years as 1260 years in the following thread.

Kind regards
Trevor
Hello sorry to bug you, but where do you put the dead in Christ going to heaven? Not them alive but the ones a sleep. I see it after Babylon is destroyed.

Revelation 14
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

I see it happens before the third Angel sounds off.

Revelation 14
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Them alive have not left earth yet

Revelation 14
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Then this.

Revelation 20
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Back