Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] things seem to be calming down...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...so, I became a Christian a little over a year ago, at age 28. God's done lots of good things for me. I used to be a wretch and hated in my community. Not surprisingly, all the good things Jesus has done+is doing made a lot of people upset.

Thanks to your prayers, my prayers, and the prayers of the few Born Again Christians I know, things are dying down, finally. I'm still not well-liked, and I still hear the whole "he'll never be a man" thing (I used to be an effeminate sodomite), but that's OK. I'm safe, my family is safe, and I'm making progress in Christ Jesus.

Please continue praying for me and my family and our growth in Christ. My parents aren't yet believers, but they're getting there, in large part because of what Christ has done and is doing in my life.

Thanks again.

Quoting the great John Newton who gave us the hymn Amazing Grace ""My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things: that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior!"

If Christ can save such sinful wretches as all of us here, he can make you whole.

thanks, everyone.

I talked to my older, Pentecostal friend in another state today. She confirmed what I'd suspected--that my spirit has returned to me, and my mind has been restored. Yes, I still take a couple psych meds (nothing fun...the days of uppers and downers are long over), but I'm healthier and happier and I even have moments of joy and "the peace that surpasses all understanding."

THANKS (yes, the screaming caps are intentional) for the prayers and support. I think a lot of what's going on with me is growing up, against all odds. Humans should not be turned into vegetables, and I was turned into a semi-vegetable at around 19, definitely by 20. Now, at 29 (almost 30!) my prayers have been answered: I'm more active, I'm more alert, I have my spirit, and I'm yet another bright eyed Christian, looking forward to a future in Christ Jesus. Growing up is hard work, and I think that I doped myself up to escape, and Jesus saw me through, anyway. That's how much He loves His people.

Anyway, things really are simmering down; neighbors are quieter, parents are nicer, mental stability is A++, nothing too terrible going on...

...thanks for all your prayers!

thanks, everyone.
Anyway, things really are simmering down; neighbors are quieter, parents are nicer, mental stability is A++, nothing too terrible going on...

...thanks for all your prayers!

I'm willing to bet that's because you have changed. Don't downplay your own role in the chaos. You've let Jesus into your life and you've been changed.

When I was in trouble, Jesus lifted me,
when I was in trouble, Jesus lifted me,
when I was in trouble, Jesus lifted me,
singing glory, hallelujah,

Jesus lifted me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back