Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Topics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There are two subjects or topics that are seemingly never discussed here on the forums the first I will ask everyone about in the post. The other topic I will discuss later.

I know that this subject is an abomination in accordance with the Christian faith, but I wanted to ask your opinions on what you think witchcraft is and it's process?

I for one detest it's practice and always felt uneasy with it's concept.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king

Greetings to you [MENTION=96271]divinecloud7[/MENTION]

I'm going to assume the Scripture quoted above is not really what you had in mind when you created this thread. But I wanted to point it out that every one of us at some time or another have rebelled against God, in that we have sinned willfully knowing that it was a sinful act and yet we acted on it anyway. We all fall short of the Glory of God.

However, to get to the meat of this message I will tell you that I dabbled in witchcraft (Wiccan) for some time. I had a copy of the witches' Almanac and I kept a journal (book of shadows with such things as astrology, herbal lore) etc. Along with this I also practiced Tarot cards readings, Runes readings and also was a huge fan of the ouija board and used it almost daily. However, witches do not use it to summon demons. So if there are any Wiccan's out there, I know what you're thinking, so let that be known. However, my board wanted to be named and it gave me the name AINEAS which later I found that in Greek it meant praiseworthy. I never question the dark side, because having been in that position I know the power of the dark side.

I would tell my friends at the time who wanted to dabble in it with me to be very careful because it was not something that was "fun" as other would see it. There is nothing "fun" about the dark side. It does bring curiosity and a unsettle feeling of wanting to know more about it. And this is how it's used in the beginning, it draws one in very calmly and innocent before it starts taking affect over your every day life. When I first started to use the ouija board for example, I thought it was a hoax and my friend had been using one for years; one time, she basically kicked me out of her house because I was joking around about it. She took it very seriously. Well this had me get even more curious about it. When I got my board, nothing happened at all, but that changed when I called my friend, and she came over and used it with me, the thing started working, and of course I didn't want to upset her (like I did before) but I thought it was her moving the thing herself.. No! After she left and I would then use it from that time forward it moved, it answered my questions and gave me answers to question I didn't ask. Now it became a everyday thing, and I was told things in the morning that would happen for example: I was told to avoid certain areas because traffic.. Stupid silly things at first. However then it started to get more and more nefarious. Over time I felt that it was possessing me in a sense because.. Well .. It just did.

And today being a Christian, I know both sides. I have felt the dark side and I have felt the side of light. I know evil exist without a doubt in the sense of evil spirits etc. But because of that, my faith is even more strong for the Kingdom of God. God has used my testimony to help save others I believe who have gone down the same spiritual path I been down. It's good to be on God's side. It's good to know where we will spend eternity, it's good to fall into the arms of Jesus!!

God Bless

Edit - word added

Last edited by a moderator:
I never did Ouija boards. I did a type of astral projection and believed in auras and chi.

I had a friend who was big in astral projection and she would tell me a lot of stories about her outer body experiences. She also believe that she had telekinesis, but I never witnessed anything. I never got into this side of it, but as we both know, there are many forms of this but truly it all falls into one category (occult).

I heard a pastor Robert Jeffrys of First Baptist of Dallas on the radio giving a sermon about witch-craft. He basically said that anyone that is worshipping someone or something other than Christ is considered witch-craft.

I heard a pastor Robert Jeffrys of First Baptist of Dallas on the radio giving a sermon about witch-craft. He basically said that anyone that is worshipping someone or something other than Christ is considered witch-craft.

As I quoted earlier from 1 Samuel 15:23 in fact tells us that rebellion is like witchcraft, and if a person is worshiping anything other then the One God, to Him and His Holiness it's considered to be so. So I would agree with Robert Jeffrys whom I love to hear as well (both of us are Texans).

God Bless

Thank you for your responses, it is appreciated. I too have witnessed the dark and the light.......the darkness is ever present and so is the light and I wish no one to experience the darkness for it can be consuming. I do have to question those who practiced the vile and abominable arts and now say they're clean. Not that I know for certain, there is a saving grace for those who are truly repentant, but there is many aspects to it's practice that people still believe is acceptable and many wolves that hide in sheep's clothing.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back