Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trinity vs. Allah vs. Yhwh

Which do you believe

• Christian Trinity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muslim Allah

• I'm an atheist

• Rather not say/ Not sure

• Other

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Since we seem to have several muslims who frequent cf.net, I think this could become a very interesting discussion. What is it that makes you support your side (Trinty/Allah) ? Please be respectful of each others opinions.

I voted Christian Trinity because the Bible clearly speaks of a triune God.

there is only one God who is Absolute and INDIVISIBLE, seperate from His Creation, yet closer to you than your jugular vein.

could a company run itself if it had three managers?

TheStudent said:
there is only one God who is Absolute and INDIVISIBLE, seperate from His Creation, yet closer to you than your jugular vein.

Christians, Jews and Muslims all agree on the one God part. Apparently, your main objection is the Trinity/divisiblity of God.

Your company analogy doesn't fit, because you are saying that the three are separate, while in comparison to the Christian Trinity all three areone.

I've shared this analogy with TheStudent, but I think it does help shed some light on the View of the Trinity.

Take H2O for an example. It has three forms.

Water
Ice
Steam

All three can exist at the same time and yet when it comes down to it, we can still call each H2O.

Christian see God in a similar fashion becuase that is what the Bible seems to teach.

I Am
Jesus
Holy Spirit

All three are God, existing at the same time, separately but all of one nature as God.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
TheStudent said:

Christians, Jews and Muslims all agree on the one God part. Apparently, your main objection is the Trinity/divisiblity of God.

Your company analogy doesn't fit, because you are saying that the three are separate, while in comparison to the Christian Trinity all three areone.

I've shared this analogy with TheStudent, but I think it does help shed some light on the View of the Trinity.

Take H2O for an example. It has three forms.

Water
Ice
Steam

All three can exist at the same time and yet when it comes down to it, we can still call each H2O.

Christian see God in a similar fashion becuase that is what the Bible seems to teach.

I Am
Jesus
Holy Spirit

All three are God, existing at the same time, separately but all of one nature as God.

You compare the water H2O to God almighty, so this is the problem in your doctrine you have not estimated Allah with the estimation that I due to Him.

O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

022.074 No just estimate have they made of Allah: for Allah is He Who is strong and able to Carry out His Will.

'All three are God, existing at the same time, separately but all of one nature as God.'

even if you did not call jesus 'God' , it is this SEPERATION of God into 'parts' that we muslims FUNDEMENTALLY disagree with. God is WHOLE and cant be 'split'.

maybe in the future Muslims should explain this point clearer.

Mushen, where do I limit God? I provided an example to explain the Christian Perspective. Never do I suggest God has a limit. Nor is there any place I give any estamate to the greatness of God.

Student, you think that God can't be Divided, therefore you are placing a limit on God? Mushen seems to think no man should place limits on God. Does this mean the two of you are in contradiction?

The Triune God of Christianity is not split in nature, but in how he manefests different aspects of himself.

TheStudent said:
'All three are God, existing at the same time, separately but all of one nature as God.'

even if you did not call jesus 'God' , it is this SEPERATION of God into 'parts' that we muslims FUNDEMENTALLY disagree with. God is WHOLE and cant be 'split'.

maybe in the future Muslims should explain this point clearer.
How do you know what GOD can be or not be? GOD does not split HIMSELF your wrong have you ever heard about cloning? maybe HE just cloned HIMSELF and send HIS cloned self down here to save us from ourself.
the trinity is very hard to understand if you do not believe in YESHUA because only HE and HIS HOLY SPIRIT can explain the concept of the trinity.
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA

yeshua,
when you first realise that God isnt 'male'

that is your first step

TheStudent, when you realize that Yeshua didn't say that God is 'male',

that is your first step.

The LORD doesn't refer to Himself as He to assert a gender. God created man in His own image. He uses the masculine identity as an example of His father like qualities. The Triune of God isn't devisable. We find that out when Jesus says "The Father and I are one." The LORD loves us greatly and wants to give us examples so we can understand Him. Like a father loves his son, so God loves us and the Son.

As the New Testament points out, the example of the Church certainly doesn't mean that we are to be married to Christ in the same sense that most see it, it means that we will finally be united with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost in a real and intimate, spiritual way.

Its like a flower. Every part of the flower functions as part of the whole. So does the Trinity function as a whole. Only the LORD is the Root and the Offspring that cannot be cut down or uprooted, for He is the LORD.

I think we think of God as one because in our world we see hierarchy and "It's lonely at the top." Similarly we think of God. But I don't think it has to be like that although we could never know the reality. But if God is so big, understanding and everything, then to try and put God in some place and start to define Him in a certain way is not right. So, you think of God as one, but if I don't, we're both right. You love Him the way you like, I'll do it my way. Because the way I see it is, God would not mind anyway we choose to love Him or think of Him because He's just so Supreme! If Moses listed God as one and that He's a jealous God, etcetera, Moses could be wrong in coming to that conclusion. Don't forget as humans we are jealous and can err. What is God revealed is also simultaneously interpreted by the prophet, and where the revelation would be right, the interpretation by the prophet could be wrong because being in human form it is highly possible that he is likely to err as his emotions, thinking, likes, dislikes, feelings, etc., can easily get mixed with the revelation. God's thinking would be infinite and perfect, but our thinking is still limited and prone to errors. So you think of God and love Him the way you like, and I'll do it the way I like. Besides, God is just so he would send NO laws to follow but only guidelines. So that again makes us all FREE!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back