Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True or false?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I had an idea that popped into my head a couple of days ago. The idea was that since God provides for all my needs, I do not need to exercise, specifically mobility exercises. Is this from God, or am I just making it up and sounds poppycock?

References to how I know that God will provide for all my needs:
Matthew 6:8
Philippians 4:19

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

I had an idea that popped into my head a couple of days ago. The idea was that since God provides for all my needs, I do not need to exercise, specifically mobility exercises. Is this from God, or am I just making it up and sounds poppycock?

Perhaps, one of your needs is to exercise.

Could you elaborate on that please. Are you saying that I do need to exercise, or pray to God for all my needs?
Both.
"Use it or lose it" may not be biblical, but it is true.
Like any skill or talent, it takes time and effort to keep the body, talent, or skill sharp.
Besides, you don't want to be the only fat guy in Nepal, do you? :lol

Both.
"Use it or lose it" may not be biblical, but it is true.
Like any skill or talent, it takes time and effort to keep the body, talent, or skill sharp.
Besides, you don't want to be the only fat guy in Nepal, do you? :lol
...there are plenty of fat people here lol. Not like U.S. fat but my cousin looks like he's 5 years pregnant. Also, I would LOVE to be fat right now. I am very skinny but sit around a lot since I do not have much hobbies. Let's just say my waist is below 28 probably. When I got here in 2019, I was around 34, 32. It is mostly because of stress and the things eating my brain, which is why God drew me towards the word. I was fed up and not doing so Christian things even though technically, I was saved since late 200
4, 2005.

Even with a faith in God you have to do something. Scripture says, exercise profiteth the body little 1 Timothy 4:8

However, a little profit is better than no profit so from that we know that every little bit helps. You don't have to become a body builder and spend a bunch of time at it, just try to stay active. If you continue to just sit around you'll just wither away.

At least do some walking every day. Get a dog. A dog will get you on your feet, Lol!

You forgot food.

It seems bodily exercise profit a little, but we are to exercise moreso towards godliness.

1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. 10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 11 These things command and teach.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back