Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "Under the Law"...Means...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jay T said:
mutzrein said:
Galatians 3:19-25

What, then, was the purpose of the law?
The only purpose for the Law is to point out sin......

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
]Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.[/u]
When no one commits sin anymore......then the purpose of the Law is to be no more.

BUT, as long as there is sin in the world, there must be a law to point out the wrong.

To say we no longer need the Law, is to say we are sinless ![/quote]

JT, that's kind of a back door way of saying to attempt to follow the Law is an attempt of trying to live righeously....A great set of rules to live by...

Georges said:
Jay T said:
mutzrein said:
Galatians 3:19-25

What, then, was the purpose of the law?
The only purpose for the Law is to point out sin......

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
]Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.[/u]
When no one commits sin anymore......then the purpose of the Law is to be no more.

BUT, as long as there is sin in the world, there must be a law to point out the wrong.

To say we no longer need the Law, is to say we are sinless !

JT, that's kind of a back door way of saying to attempt to follow the Law is an attempt of trying to live righeously....A great set of rules to live by...[/quote]

I suggest that it does way more than that! Will one be created fully mature in heaven, or just safe to save? Nahum 1:9 And there is a huge difference! 1 John 5:15-17 will find us never even hitting a thumb when we build houses in our country location, even with spiritual hammers? :wink:

And a tree of life again, is for the what? healing of the nations?? Healing from what? And the Epistle (letter) of Christ in 2 Corinthians is no more?? It is no longer the Eternal Covenant of the Godhead? Christ's 'epistle' letter (CHARACTER) to us has been finished??? Revelation 14:6 & Hebrews 13:20 :o

Come on, you guys need to get back to the basics of John 3:5-8's [requirement] 'me' thinks! Your 'postings' are sounding like a robot'ed machine. And the recreated 'motive' of perfection??? And why will Christ still have the scare's in his hands & side in eternity?

Oh, what does 'desire' to sin mean to you?

---John

John the Baptist said:
JT, that's kind of a back door way of saying to attempt to follow the Law is an attempt of trying to live righeously....A great set of rules to live by...

[/quote]What I really was trying to say is that we are saved....to keep the Law of God.

Jay T said:
[quote="John the Baptist":a5fc7]JT, that's kind of a back door way of saying to attempt to follow the Law is an attempt of trying to live righeously....A great set of rules to live by...

[/quote:a5fc7]What I really was trying to say is that we are saved....to keep the Law of God.[/quote]

John here:
That sounds good to me, 'IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS', huh? But. wasn't it that other guy talk'in (that is S.C. talk Jay :wink:) about a back door???

John the Baptist said:
[quote="Jay T":adc02][quote="John the Baptist":adc02]JT, that's kind of a back door way of saying to attempt to follow the Law is an attempt of trying to live righeously....A great set of rules to live by...

[/quote:adc02]What I really was trying to say is that we are saved....to keep the Law of God.[/quote:adc02]

John here:
That sounds good to me, 'IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS', huh? But. wasn't it that other guy talk'in (that is S.C. talk Jay :wink:) about a back door???
[/quote]

John...please learn how to use the quote funtion....you are giving the illusion that I am stating something when actually the quote is from someone else....and it appears you are attributing qoutes from you that are actually quotes from me...all because you haven't been using the quote funtion correctly....it's very confusing to other posters...

Two posts up is a prime example...The quote has you in the headline, but the quote is actually mine....

I don't want anyone getting the illusion that you and I are in agreement...as I'm sure you feel the same... :wink:

Sunday worship services, is an example of being 'under the law'......as it is being guilty of disobeying God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back